First meeting

HEIR OF DESTINY

UNKNOWN POV

“Thank you so much for your help fixing the tools” the nurse says looking at me with appreciation. I just nod “your welcome, just ask me if you need any help” I say while packing my school stuff to get ready for my next class. “I’ll be leaving now bye Yuna” I shout as I swing the door open to go through.

BANG!

Huh what was that sound. I look around only to find a girl about my age lying on the floor still a bit conscious.

I bend down to get a better look “Hey are you okay there” I whisper shaking her shoulder waiting for to move, but she didn’t move.

 Hmmm guess she out now. I put my stuff on the floor and walk closer to the girl. I put my right arm under her neck to support her and my left under her leg. I then get up carrying her into the nursery room which I had just come from.

 

Back to your POV:

Oww what is this pain in my head, it’s like I’ve been hit by a baseball bat really hard. I rub my eyes slowly, opening them and blink a few times.  I look around unfamiliar with the place.

What am I doing here? I close my eyes trying to remember what happened and all of a sudden a rush of memories comes running into my head, causing me to wince in pain. I swiftly put my hand on my temple massaging it to ease the pain.

A few seconds later the throbbing pain slowly starts to vanish. I let out a sigh of relief, contemplating if I should just leave or stay. After a minute of talking to myself I make up my mind and decide to leave.

I take a quick look to both my sides before gently hopping off the bed. I safely land on both feet and start heading to the door before anyone could enter.

Just as my hand touches the handle I slightly push it down. I stop dead in my position.  Was I hearing things? Nah it’s probably nothing. Then all of a sudden the sound was beginning to become louder. I unconsciously hold my breath realising the person behind the door was making the noise at the door.

I panic and quickly take my hand off the handle doing a 180 degree turn, running back to the bed like a mad woman. But I didn’t care; all I cared about was getting to the bed before the door opened.

I make it just in time before the door opens revealing a tall handsome boy. He causally walks in with his hand in his pockets, his eyes meeting mines with concern. I stare back at him looking confused. He stops a few feet away from me and looks away hiding his slightly pink shaded cheeks.

“Um are you okay? You look a bit red on the face” huh my face? I turn my head to the mirror that was beside me only to reveal my beautiful face except it was red, really red. My eyes widen in realisation quickly letting out the air I was holding. I’m surprised I even held my breath for that long.

I wait 1…2…3…4…5 seconds to calm my breathing before turning my attention back to the boy. His cheeks still a bit red.

Humph! I could say the same to you I mentally say.

I force a laugh “haha really? I didn’t notice” feeling a bit embarrassed. “What are you doing here?” I demand, changing the subject. I cross my arms and raise my head up straight. Feeling a bit confident I give him one of my special glares. You know the one where you look straight at them with one eye twitching? Yeah that one, that should scare him.

He looks at me with teary eyes and gives me a funny look. Is he crying? He suddenly burst out laughing like a mad cow. Seriously his face was turning redder by the second. I frown in confusion. Wasn’t he meant to be scared? Not laughing.

“S-sorry for laughing I was- I just-“he stops and takes a deep breath.” sorry let me rephrase that again” he says clearing his throat. “I didn’t mean to offend you in any kind of way. But can I just admit that you really, like really at glaring. Seriously you look like a creep” he says trying to contain his laughter.

“WHAT! No I don’t” I shout in defence.

He chuckles at me and shakes his head. “Hate to break it to you princess but you do.” He takes out his hand from his pockets and pats my head “I know I know the truth hurts” I hiss, grabbing his hand off my head and glare at him. This time correctly.

He puts his hand up in defence. “Okay, okay calm down little snake.” My eyes widen. Did he just call me snake? Oh now his going to get it!  I hop off the bed and walk towards him.

He raises a brow at me and takes a step back. “Now, now little princess what are you planning to do” I smirk and take a few more steps towards him. He takes a few more steps back before hitting his back on the wall. He looks me in the eye showing a glimpse of fear.  I smile to myself as I watch him panic for a while.

After having my part of the fun I decide to leave the poor guy alone and walk back to the bed.

I sit down on the bed and relax. I draw my attention towards the boy as he slowly walks towards me.

I sigh “You didn’t answer my question. Why are you here?”

He clears his throat and sits on a chair. “Sorry about that. I didn’t mean to laugh like a crazy cow”

I snort “you’ve got that right”

 “What?” He looks at me with confusion then shakes his head. “Anyway the reason to why I’m here is to check on how you were doing, but it seems to me your doing fine.”  He leans back into the chair and crosses his arms staring at me with a playful smirk.

I roll my eyes “Well there’s your answer can you please leave now?”

“Now that’s not nice. Shouldn’t I get a thank you or something, because if I remember correctly.” He taps a finger on his chin. “I had to carry a two hundred pound woman here and that’s had work”

I let the information process into my head. Wait he was referring to me!. Grrrr what a rude person, who does he think he is? I’m not that heavy. I look down to my body just to make sure. Hmm I don’t look bad.

He chuckles getting my attention. “I was joking so calm down” I turn my face to hide the redness on my cheeks

I open my mouth to say something but stop when the door swings open. We both turn our head towards the door.

A woman in her mid-twenties enters the room, approaching us in a nurse outfit.

“Luhan I think it’s time for you to go back to class now, or you’re going to be late”

“Yes mam.” He pauses and looks at me with a smile. “Well I better going now I’ll see you around” he gives me a quick wink before disappearing through the door.

I roll my eyes. Like that’s going to happen. I turn my head looking back at the nurse.

“Are you Miss Park?” the nurse asks.

I nod “yep”

“Okay. You are getting picked up by your grandmother. Get ready she’s waiting for you outside the school gates, but before you go you must sign this slip first” she gives me the slip and pen.

I take it and sign it quickly handing it back to her. She grabs it and gives me a smile, then heads out the door.

I jump off the bed and grab my bag. I pack my keys and other important stuff into my bag. I close my bag, pulling it up over my shoulders then I head out the door to look for my Grandma.

“WHAT WERE YOU DOING? YOU’RE MEANT TO KEEP A LOW PROFILE UNTIL WE FIND HER!” yells a feminine voice

I stop and look to where the voice was coming from and in the distance were two figures. I turn back to walk the other way, not wanting to interfere.

“I know I’m sorry, I couldn’t just leave her there. Plus I was looking for you” a familiar voice replies.

I halt and whip my head back so fast I almost did a 360 degree turn. I take a step forward in their direction narrowing my eyes to get a better look, but they were deep in the shadows making it hard for me to see who they were.

“Why were you looking for me?” they continue their conversation.

“I sensed her aura but it wasn’t that strong so I couldn’t find her.”

“Yeah me too… but next time, keep a low profile, we don’t want to risk losing our cover and you know we can’t let that happen”

 “Yeah I know”

“I’ll meet you later I’ve got a class to go to now” ending the conversation they walk separate ways.

I look around checking if the pathway was clear before running to my grandma’s car.

“Grandma I’m going to go to my room.” I shout rushing upstairs to my room.

In what seemed forever I finally reach my room running straight for the bed then collapsing on it, feeling completely exhausted.

I close my eyes thinking about the conversation I heard today. It was weird hearing their convo. I mean who talks about a girl with an aura and keeping their profile low – unless they committed a crime and maybe the girl they’re looking for is a witness.  I nod my head then mentally slap myself realising I was talking to myself.

 I sigh and stretch my hands out. It’s not my business anyway. I turn my body so that my face was facing up then slowly drifting off into wonderland.

 

The night is dark and the place looks almost ancient. It’s cold and misty making it hard to see, then all of a sudden a gust of wind passes, making me shiver. I start to panic and run into the garden tripping over something. I look to down to see a key with a symbol on it and grab it. Something shuffles behind me.  I freeze holding my breath and wait till it goes. But the shuffling just becomes louder as if it was coming closer. I take the key and get up as quick as I can running further into the garden eager to avoid whatever was following me. I stop to catch my breath, looking around for a place to hide. I find a small round door and start running towards it. I grab the handle twisting it, but it doesn’t open. I breathe heavily from all the running and all of a sudden I remember the key. I grab it from my pocket and put it into the key whole then twisting it. I let out a sigh of relief. The door opens busting out with a bright light. I cover my eyes and enter the door, but something pulls me back. I scream for help, but nothing comes out. I start to struggle, pulling the sides of the door to pull myself through and suddenly it lets go, making me fall through the door. Everything suddenly goes black.