Closer Than You Think.

Sad, Beautiful, Tragic.

After spending all night going over evidence on the two cases, Jungah went to get some coffee. She hadn't had a wink of sleep and it was now 7 in the morning. As she walked to the shop with half lidded eyes, she bumped into someone.

"Ah, sorry." She said in a groggy voice.

The guy that she bumped into laughed, "Jungah?" He asked.

Jungah looked at him and her eyes widened. "Himchan-sshi! I'm so sorry." She bowed and he continued laughing.

He shook his arms, "No, it's okay. My fault too so I'm sorry. And there's no need to call me Himchan-sshi, please don't be so formal." 

Jungah laughed, "Okay, Himchan... Were you going to go get coffee also?" She asked.

Himchan nodded his head, "Let's go together." Jungah followed after him and they walked into the coffee shop together. "You order first." Himchan signaled and she walked ahead of him and ordered her coffee.

"What do you want? I'll pay." She said. Himchan smiled, "Caramel macchiato. Hot." 

The cashier took down the order, "$9.57." He said. Himchan stepped forward and handed him the money. Jungah looked up at him and he winked at her.

They both moved off to the side and waited for their drinks. "You look really tired." Himchan said.

Jungah laughed, "Been up all night working on a case."

Himchan gave her a confused look, "A case?" He asked.

She nodded, "Well, two. Oh, I'm a prosecutor by the way."

Himchan slowly nodded his head as he took in what she just said. "What are the cases you're working on?" He asked.

The barista called their names and they got their drinks. Jungah took a sip of her coffee, "I'm working on two murder cases."

"Oh." Himchan said, sounding interested.

"Yeah. Two girls were murdered, by the same guy, I'm sure of it. This guy has been killing multiple women for the past 5 months now and I haven't been able to catch him. Not a single piece of evidence that'll lead me closer to him has been left."

Himchan laughed, "He must be good then."

Jungah felt her blood boil, "Too good." She said.

"Woah there, calm down." Himchan said and they both chuckled. "Who knows, he may be closer than you think." He said and took a sip of his coffee and Jungah nodded her head.

"I can't wait to catch the bastard. I'm going to make him pay for what he's done." She eyed the building where she worked in. "Well, I need to get back to work. It was nice running into you Himchan."

Himchan gave her a smile, "Yes it was. I hope I get to see you again. Oh and good luck on your case." He walked off and Jungah smiled to herself before walking back into the building.