Chapter 6

Fated To Love You, Destined To Be With You

“A BEST FRIEND!? A BLOODY BEST FRIEND?!” Heechul shrieked, his legs kicking in the air as Donghae held him back from running out of the room to punch Yesung in the face. All the members had gathered in Sungmin’s bedroom, except Yesung who had already fallen asleep after a long tiring day at the park. When they had heard the whole situation that had happened in the cable car, every single one of them had their mouth hung wide opened in disbelief, Ryeowook slapped his forehead and cursed under his breath. Sungmin had SungSung Min under his arms, and the boy was twirling the rabbit’s ear with his fingers, not daring to look up to face anyone.

 

“That dude is seriously… hopeless.” Siwon’s words stunned everyone. Nobody knew Siwon was a type of gentleman who said things like that.

 

“It… it is hard for him too…” Sungmin muttered, trying to protect Yesung. Heechul led out a “hmph!” and Leeteuk started walking around the room, shaking his head.

 

“No… there must be something else that can incite him into remembering correctly.” Leeteuk declared. Kyuhyun nodded in acknowledgement, and there was a moment of silence, everyone trying to think of an idea.

 

“Guys… Let’s just stop… Let’s not… continue with the plan anymore…” Sungmin mumbled. All the SUJU members stared up at Sungmin…

 

“WHAT?!” Heechul burst. Shindong shook his head in disbelief. Ryeowook glanced at Sungmin quietly.

 

“Min you can’t!! You want to just forever be remembered by Yesung just as his best friend?!” Eunhyuk slammed his fist on the desk he was leaning against.

 

“SO WHAT IF I DO?! WHAT IF THIS IS ALL I ASK FOR?!!!!” Sungmin screamed back. The room fell silent. Sungmin’s grip tightened around the pink rabbit. Ryeowook stood up, and shooed the members out of the room. Kyuhyun was pushed out reluctantly, as Ryeowook locked the door. He sat on the bed beside the boy who was finally unable to hold back his tears.

 

“You know you didn’t really mean that, Sungmin.” Ryeowook replied, as he rubbed circles on the older man’s back, soothing the crying boy.

 

Sungmin was trembling badly… he gritted his teeth; the tears just couldn’t stop flowing…

 

“It hurts, Wook… It hurts to see how Yesung flinches at my touches, how he could never remember a thing about us… It hurts to see him in pain… all because of my stupid act that caused all this to happen…” Sungmin cried out, lifting his hand to his heart, clutching his shirt so tightly that Ryeowook winced at the force Sungmin had used.

 

“And you are just going to give up? Like that? After all that you guys have been through?” Ryeowook questioned. Sungmin did not reply, and just continued to stare at the ring around his finger on the hand he had used to clutch his shirt.

 

“Then, take it as if I beg of you. Just try one last time. One last time.” Ryeowook flung his arms around the pink boy, clutching onto the boy tightly, like as though trying to hold onto the pieces of Sungmin’s broken heart.

 

Although he knew no one could fix it except Yesung…

 

“Just give yourself and Yesung one last chance…”

 

Sungmin’s tears stained Ryeowook’s shirt, and after much thought… He nodded his head slowly…

 

Ryeowook smiled. He pulled back from the hug, hands held tightly onto Sungmin’s shoulders, “Now… do you have anything in mind that could help Yesung remember his memories?”

 

Sungmin pondered…

 

Something Yesung would never have forgotten…

 

Something…

 

Sungmin looked up into Ryeowook’s eyes, and answered softly.

 

“Heart Shaped Chocolates with pink icing.”

 

Taeyeon had visited the SUJU dorms every single day since Yesung had returned from the hospital. Not that Yesung was annoyed by it… okay maybe he was.

 

A bit.

 

Taeyeon would hang around for an hour or two if she had schedules, and if she had none, she could stayed from day to night; only till Heechul had gotten irritated and pissed would she leave. And Sungmin found her to be perfect to get Yesung out of the house for a day.

 

“Taeyeon…” Sungmin called out to the girl who was busy trying to feed Yesung with the porridge she had prepared. As she turned to acknowledge Sungmin, her face fell. Sungmin knew she must have heard of the whole story from one of the members, most likely Donghae, the big mouth. Taeyeon put down the bowl, and headed towards Sungmin.

 

“Yes Oppa?” Taeyeon tried to sound polite, but Sungmin was still able to feel the coldness in her tone. Taeyeon had been depressed when she learnt about Yesung and Sungmin becoming a couple, and she was further infuriated when she heard Sungmin’s foolish act had almost cost Yesung’s life.

 

Sungmin didn’t care much. He never did care about what others think. “Erm can you please bring Yesung out for the whole day today? Like to the park or something?” Taeyeon raised an eyebrow, giving Sungmin a questionable look.

 

“Please?” Sungmin begged. Taeyeon sighed, and agreed. No matter how much she was displeased with Sungmin, she never really could reject him. Pulling a rebelling Yesung out of the house, Sungmin waited for a few moments till Yesung’s screams were out of ear-shot. Sungmin put on his apron and set the ingredients out on the table. He had closed the kitchen door, preventing any members to come in and offer him any help, or in Shindong’s case, to sneak in and steal his ingredients.

 

“Right… let’s do this…” Sungmin mumbled.

 

“Min? MIN!!” Ryeowook slid open the kitchen door quietly, checking on Sungmin who had been in the kitchen for hours and had not reappeared from it since.

 

“Eh huh?” Sungmin lifted his head that was resting on his arms immediately when he heard Ryeowook’s shout. He had fallen asleep on the dining table without realizing. Sungmin looked around, still dazed. Ryeowook dashed towards Sungmin and patted his back.

 

“Are you okay Sungmin? Don’t tire yourself out.”

 

“Erm yah… Look! The chocolates are done!” Sungmin pointed at the tray of perfectly shaped chocolates with pride and joy. Ryeowook giggled and handed Sungmin a pink heart-shaped box.

 

“Here, the box you have specifically asked me to buy.” It was the exact same one as the one that Sungmin had given Yesung before.

 

That Valentine’s day…

 

“Thanks Wookie… so much…” Sungmin placed each and every chocolate in the box with care.

 

This was his last chance…

 

“ARGH FINALLY I AM HOME!!!!” Yesung boomed into the dorm, dragging himself onto the couch. Yesung sworn to himself never to go out with Taeyeon again, especially shopping. That girl had energy of ten Eunhae couples added together. Taeyeon skipped into the dorm, and headed towards the kitchen. Sungmin and Ryeowook had cleared all the utensils and ingredients, thus the place was spotless.

 

“Eh?” Taeyeon lifted up the box of chocolates that was placed alone on the dining table, which had a card with the word “YESUNG” written on it stuck to its cover. Taeyeon tilted her head in confusion.

 

“Hey oppa. This is… yours?” Taeyeon handed the beautifully wrapped box to Yesung. Yesung bolted from his lying position and sat on the couch, staring at the box wide-eyed. He snatched it from Taeyeon.

 

Kiss… a pink box falling to the ground… a trembling hand picking up… chocolates…

 

“ERGH!!!” Yesung slapped his forehead. The pain was returning, this time even more painful than before. This… This box… is significant to him!!

 

Yesung shakily lifted the lid, and stared at the chocolates inside. Slowly, he picked up one, and bit off a small part of it… He chewed…

 

“These are the nicest chocolates on Earth!! I will forever remember this taste.” Yesung popped another heart-shaped chocolate into his mouth.

 

Yesung dropped the half eaten chocolate on the floor.

 

Wasn’t that… a memory he had forgotten?...

 

Sungmin had stepped out of his room when he heard Yesung’s loud shout that alerted him that he was home. He was about to fetch the chocolates from the kitchen when he saw the scene in front of him that caused him to stop abruptly in his tracks.

 

Yesung had the box opened on his lap; and a piece of chocolate lay on the floor…

 

“TELL ME TAEYEON!! WHO MADE THIS?! WHERE DID YOU GET THIS BOX FROM?!” Yesung yelled at the petrified the girl, as he stood up, placing the box carefully on the coffee table and shook the girl roughly.

 

Taeyeon was freaked out by the sudden outburst from Yesung.

 

Why did Yesung had such a big reaction over those harmless chocolates?...

 

Taeyeon spotted Sungmin who stood at the hallway, and her eyes popped out wide. She gulped. She figured it out in an instant. Everything. She knew who made those chocolates, and it was the man standing there.

 

But…

 

“… Oppa… I did! I made those chocolates!” Taeyeon replied.

 

Sungmin was stunned. And so was Yesung. No. That was an understatement...

 

The world around Sungmin had suddenly crumbled into pieces… He could hear his heart breaking into millions of pieces again…

 

The shock was too much for Sungmin to handle…

 

W-w-what?...

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: *hides behind the wall and peeks creepily, making sure readers are too busy reading to remember to kill this lazy, forgetful author* ahem. hiiiiii :D long time no see~ PLEASE DONT KILL ME