Chapter 7: Shape of Love

Days to Forever

 

--The next day at school.

Mr. kim: are you sure you can handle all the fangirls of minhyuk?

Jessy: yah, of course, mr.kim : )

Mr. kim: aigoo..i didn’t really think that you two would end up as a couple..

Jessy: eh? Weyo?

--Because of minhyuk’s surprise visit to her, somehow, she now believed that everything’s going to be okay.

Mr. kim: nothing…

--Mr. kim shooked his head a little that made jessy wonder what he’s thinking.

Jessy: what is it?

Mr. kim: alright..i just thought that things are going right with you and that…that..sungjae?

--Jessy was caught off guard. She coughed when she heard his name.

Mr. kim: are you ok?

--She then panicked and shut the door too strong that she, herself, was surprised. She jumped a little.

Jessy: yah, mr. kim. he’s just a friend..chingu, chingu. i’m going now, bye : )

Mr. kim: oooohhh..chincha?


 

Seolhyun: jessy! yiiih! I’m so happy for you! you two finally had the courage, huh?

--She hugged jessy as tight as she could.

Jessy: I guess so..

--Jessy answered shyly.

Choaya: yah..you’re lucky to have minhyuk..

--Choaya said while still looking away; afraid to show a bit of sincerity to someone she hated before.

Jessy: well thanks, choaya : )

Yoonari: I envy you, ms. Hyun! But oh my gosh! Not like I’m going to steal him from you, ok? Not like that..

Choaya: as if you can..

--Jessy laughed aloud. And when choaya saw that she made her laugh, she smiled.

Seohyun: let’s eat together later, ok?

Jessy: ok..i’ll reserve a table for us in the cafeteria..i’ll wait for you guys..study well..fighting!

All: de..fighting!


 

Mr. park: so, such a commotion yesterday, ms. Hyun..

--As usual, mr. park came out of nowhere.

Jessy: mianhamnida, mr. park. I didn’t expect for it to happen..

Mr. park: well it’s fine, you even gave the school a better popularity..haha and I hope things between you and that idol will work well.. : )

Jessy: de, kamsahamnida

--Then her phone rang.

Jessy: uhm..i have to take this mr. park, mianhe..

Mr. park: is it your dad?

Jessy: ahhh…apparently..

Mr. park: oh! Go ahead and talk to him..

--Jessy bowed and went away.

Jessy: de, appa?

Mr. hyun: jessy-ah..i watched the news yesterday..

Jessy: I’m sor—

Mr. hyun: you know what..i’m happy that you did the right thing..you really did fix it well..minhyuk seems to be a good boy..good career, good family background..

Jessy: well, thanks appa..

--She felt relieved and realized that it is minhyuk—it’s only minhyuk that made her father talk good things about a guy.

Mr. hyun: your mother and I should meet him soon..and jessy, I hope you’re doing fine there..

Jessy: I am, appa..no need to worry about me..

Mr. hyun: of course, of course..minhyuk’s there to take care of you..haha but really, I’m happy that you find someone who loves you..and whom you love..

Jessy: ahh..yeah

--She hesitated. But hearing that her father approved of minhyuk was already a huge thing that she couldn’t afford to ruin.

Mr. hyun: you know, i gotta go..just, just keep doing what you’re doing ok?bye, dear..

Jessy: de, annyeong appa..take care

--She smiled slowly as she hung up.


 

--Jessy was walking through the corridor when she saw the three guys. God knows how much she wanted to approach them but she couldn’t. She just stared at them as they passed by. Hyunsik saw her too and felt the same.

Hyunsik: yah..shouldn’t we approach jessy?

--No one answered him.

Hyunsik: I mean, it’s just a misunderstanding, wasn’t it?

Ilhoon: de..

Hyunsik: shouldn’t we just understand her? It’s not easy to be in her shoes though..and still, she’s just so young to handle all of those..to have that pressure on you, to be away from your family and not knowing what to do…come on guys..

--He put his ams on sungjae and ilhoon’s shoulders. Then sungjae remembered the night she talked about her family.

Sungjae: let’s just see what happens…


 

--Jessy was filling up important papers in her table when she saw a note on the table. “ I guess I’m too early. Well, just went by to say good morning. Enjoy the day : ) -minhyuk”. But then, she was confused if she’s going to be happy or what.


 

Seolhyun: you’re not mad at jessy anymore?

Choaya: I’ve never been mad at her..

Yoonari: yeah..right

--Choaya looked at yoonari with piercing eyes.

Yoonari: what?

Seolhyun: you’ve been mad at her..but now you’re not because you already know that jessy’s with minhyuk..

Choaya: fine..maybe..i just thought that she likes sungjae..that’s it..

Yoonari: so now I should be the one being mad to her, right?

Choaya: yah! shiroyo!

--Yep. Yoonari is a huge fangirl. Choaya pushed yoonari a little and they all laughed.

Random classmate:ssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!


 

Hyunsik: ahhhh…I’m so hungry…

Ilhoon: na tu…

Sungjae: kapshida…

--At the canteen…

Jessy: annyeong!

Seolhyun: annyeong jessy! You’re early for lunch, huh? Not so busy today?

Jessy: anyo..i finished them early..and I’m really starving right now…so here : )

--She presented to them a table with what seems to be the whole menu for lunch.

Yoonari: woa..all of the expensive ones are here..

Jessy: should we eat? : )

Choaya: this is a little too much..we’ll pay you later

Jessy: anyo..just sit and eat ok?

--She grabbed choaya to sit beside her and smiled.

Choaya: gomawo : )

Yoonari: aaaahhh..this is so going to be the best lunch I’ll ever have in this school..gomawo jessy! : )

Seolhyun: I thought you’re going to be mad at her?

--Seoulhyun whispered to yoonari.

Yoonari:I think I’m not going to anymore..ahihihi

--On the other hand, the three boys entered the canteen and sat on their usual place. Then they looked at jessy and the other girls.

Sungjae: she seems happy though..

Hyunsik: de..

Ilhoon: then why don’t we join them?

Sungjae: not now…

Hyunsik: tss..i just can’t understand you sungjae-ah.

Ilhoon: you sure? Then let’s just get our food..


 

Seolhyun: ah jessy? Are you ok?

Jessy: de..

--She was looking at the boys.

Seolhyun: chincha?

Jessy: mollayo..

--Then the boys were back to their table with their food.

Jessy: excuse me..i just have to do something.

--The three girls were puzzled. After talking to someone, she went back to their table. Then, waiters were bringing a lot of food on the boys’ table.

Ilhoon: eh? I’m sorry but we didn’t order them..

Waiter1: but they’re for you..someone already paid for them..

--Hyunsik looked at jessy and smiled, as if saying thank you.

Sungjae: you can take them..we already have our food..

Waiter: but..

Hyunsik: leave them on the table please..kamsahamnida

--Good mannered hyunsik bowed to the waiters and was endlessly thanking them for every dish the waiters were putting on their table.

Sungjae: yah hyunsik..

Hyunsik: what? they are for us..

Ilhoon: if you don’t want them, we’ll eat them..

Hyunsik: de..

--Seeing sungjae’s reaction, jessy looked disappointed.

Yoonari: I think you should approach them..

Choaya: de..

--Jessy was approaching them. She looked at hyunsik because he was the only one sitting faced to where she was. Then he smiled and nodded, giving her permission to join them. Jessy sat beside sungjae. Ilhoon smiled at her. And to their surprise, jessy got sungjae’s chopsticks swiftly.

Sungjae: [what on earth is she doing?!]

--Jessy started to eat the food she ordered. She was eating a LOT and trying her best not to cry. Ilhoon and hyunsik understood what she was doing.

Sungjae: yah..

--Sungjae said calmly.

Ilhoon: jessy..

Sungjae: stop it..hajima…

Jessy: ah weyo?! You don’t want them, anyway!

--She shouted and continued to eat. She kept her eyes on the food, worrying that if she’d look at sungjae, she’d start to cry. By then, sungjae grabbed his chopsticks back then ate what she was about to eat. All the other three were shocked.

Sungjae: you already gave these to us, remember? And if you want to eat here, bring your own chopsticks..i know you just want to kiss me indirectly, ert..

--Jessy realized the indirect kiss thing she did with sungjae’s chopsticks. But then, she was also embarrassed that he also did the same. Ilhoon and hyunsik felt relieved. And at that time, jessy knew she was forgiven. Hearing sungjae teasing her again means he was back to their normal relationship. Jessy looked at him, stood up and bowed in front of them.

Jessy: mianhamnida!

--Sungjae’s lips were curling into a smile. Jessy was biting her lower lip, trying her best not to cry in front of them again.

Ilhoon: it’s alright, jessy.. : )

Hyunsik: we’ll figure out a solution to solve your problems, together.. : )

Jessy: gomawo : )

Sungjae: you’re gonna eat with us or what?

--He looked at jessy, acting annoyed again and looked away immediately to hide the happiness he was feeling.

Jessy: de!

--When she turned around seolhyun gave her chopsticks. The girls and other waiters were bringing all the food from the other table. Then jessy automatically sat beside sungjae which made sungjae be startled a little bcause she was too excited. But then, sungjae smiled and looked away again. after a few seconds, he couldn’t take the urge to stare at her, letting his guard down and smiled at her.

Yoonari: can we eat together?

Hyunsik: de…sit down : )

--Seolhyun was smiling at ilhoon. He then patted the seat beside him and smiled.

Yoonari: ahhh…best lunch ever : )

--All seemed to be happy, except for choaya.


 

Yoonari: haige!

--She waved goodbye and tugged choaya along. Choaya looked at sungjae then walked away.

Seolhyun: we’re now going home too…bye!

Ilhoon: annyeong!

--He walked beside seolhyun.

Hyunsik: yah jessy, not going home yet?

Jessy: I brought my car..i guess I’m gonna drive home..

Hyunsik: fine then, bye!

--Just as sungjae and hyunsik were going away, minhyuk came with his car.

Hyunsik: oh, there’s minhyuk..

--Minhyuk came out of the car and waved.

Minhyuk: annyeong! : )

Hyunsik: annyeonghasseo…

--Hyunsik bowed and greeted him. Sungjae was just silent.

Jessy: why are you here? : )

--After all the drama she’s been through a while ago, it was refreshing to see minhyuk; whom she admits missing being with too.

Minhyuk: because I didn’t get to see you a while ago..too early.haha

Jessy: de, I saw your note..

Minhyuk: mianhe.. I’ll take you to your home : )

Jessy: ah,,anyo, I brought my car..

Minhyuk: please…

--Minhyuk showed a bit of his iressistable aegyo; held his hands together, pleading for her to come with him. And feeling awkward, hyunsik and sungjae decided to go.

Hyunsik: ah..we have to go, sungjae kapshida…

--And they went away. Sungjae looked back and saw jessy getting in minhyuk’s car. Minhyuk looked at sungjae and was thinking something.


 

Minhyuk: so, how’s your day?

Jessy: it’s fine, I guess..

Minhyuk: ummm…let’s eat?

Jessy: de : )

--Jessy couldn’t stop herself from staring at him. well, especially that she saw his famous aegyo in person. Starstruck again, maybe?

Minhyuk: why are you so tensed?haha

Jessy: huh? I’m not..

--Like the first time they met, she felt shy. And she thought that it was good, feeling herself back to normal.

Minhyuk: oh really huh..

--Minhyuk was smiling and was entertained seeing her like that.

Jessy: I’m not!

Minhyuk: blushing eh?haha

Jessy: ah chincha!

--She pushed minhyuk.

Minhyuk: ah! Don’t!

--He quickly held her hand and made his driving steady again.

Minhyuk: you don’t want us to die, do you?

--Jessy smiled as she withdraws her hand. Minhyuk wanted to hold them longer but he let go. He then acted mad and pinched her hand a little.

Jessy: ah wae?!

Minhyuk: Naughty hand.

--And he smiled.


 

--Sungjae arrived at his house.

Sungjae: I’m home omma!

--Then he saw his mom talking with somebody on the phone.

Mrs. Yook: de, I received the money a while ago, thank you for still thinking of us. But you don’t have to do that, really. We can survive on our own...

Sungjae: omma?

Mrs. Yook: ah..i have to go..bye…oh! sungjae! You’re home early!

Sungjae: who were you talking to?

Mrs. Yook: sungjae-ah…

Sungjae: it’s fine…it’s not like I care..

Mrs. Yook: listen…

Sungjae: no, you have to listen to me mom..how long are you planning to hurt yourself? How long will you keep waiting? It’s not like he’ll come back and choose us! Just stop..please just stop…

--He held his mother’s hand.

Mrs. Yook: but it’s all that I can do sungjae, to wait is just all that I can do…after all, I regret not telling him earlier that we have you…I regret I felt afraid and hid you from him. and it does not mean that if I’m waiting I’m hurting myself..because this is what I want..to keep living with something to hope for..

Sungjae: but mom…so many years had passed..

Mrs. Yook: did he ever forget to visit us? To visit you?

Sungjae: visit to just give money? did he ever make us feel like he’s one of the family?..don’t you get tired? Mom nothing’s gonna change anymore..

Mrs. Yook: maybe…but love waits, sungjae..love waits…

--She smiled at his son, patted his shoulder and walked towards the kitchen.


 

--At the restaurant…

Minhyuk: so, it’s a date huh..

Jessy: maybe?

Minhyuk: come on..it is a date..this is a date..

Jessy: hmm..i son’t know…is it?

Minhyuk: then if it’s not we shouldn’t have this…

--He snapped his fingers and waiters with food and wine arrived.

Jessy: very impressive minhyuk..

Minhyuk: I know right..haha

--He looked around and saw photographers.

Minhyuk: oh no..not again..

Jessy: what?

--Minhyuk grabbed her hands.

Minhyuk: do you mind having more pictures?

Jessy: as if I have a choice..

Minhyuk: let’s not ruin this date, ok?

Jessy: so you really think this is a date, huh?haha

Minhyuk: of course!!! : )

Jessy: but I think it’s not..

--She got icing from the slice of cake and put it on his nose.

Jessy: I bet that’ll look good in their photos…

Minhyuk: oh…my..alright..this isn’t a date…cuz this is war…

--He had an evil crooked smile.

Jessy: oh no…no minhyuk, no no no.

--He had his revenge. And yeah..they didn’t mind them.


 

--Sungjae was walking..just wandering. After a while, he saw a poster of minhyuk and just smiled sadly and sighed. Choaya saw sungjae when she went out for her groceries.

Choaya: sungjae..

Sungjae: oh..choaya..

Choaya: it’s late..what are you doing..

Sungjae: nothing..just getting some fresh air I guess.

--He inhaled deeply.

Sungjae:  how about you? it’s so late for you to walk the streets alone..

Choaya: it’s fine..i just really had something important to buy..

Sungjae: you want to walk together?

--Choaya nodded. And while they’re walking…

Choaya: tell me what you’re thinking..

Sungjae: what?

Choaya: I know you..you’re thinking about something…

--Sungjae stopped.

Sungjae: what would you do if you like someone?

--She was surprised.

Choaya: well..

--They started walking again.

Choaya: i’d do anything for him…fight for him..and wait for him to notice me..

--And she looked at sungjae.

Sungjae: even if it hurts?

Choaya: well you’re not loving someone if you don’t get hurt…

Sungjae: right…

--He smiled slowly and looked at choaya. Choaya looked away shyly.

Choaya: I think all the hurt will be worth it if you really like that person..

Sungjae: aaaaaahhhhh…gomawo : )[I guess I have to do what she said..]


 

Mr. hyun: have you heard the news?

Mrs. Hyun: come on, tae bin..i know already…great..

Mr. hyun: no, I mean..our stock really went high…possibly because of minhyuk huh..this is just great..she really did a right thing this time..i wonder who are the parents of minhyuk. They are lucky.

Mrs. Hyun: please…just please stop thinking like that…she’s with him because she loves him…not because she wants to make money out of his popularity…

Mr. hyun: either way..it benefits us all..


 

--At jessy’s house…

Minhyuk: so…we’re here

Jessy: thanks minhyuk..thank you for this night : )

Minhyuk: no..thanks for being with me my jagiya. : )

Jessy: eh?

--Minhyuk attempted to kiss her but she stopped him.

Jessy: I thought we’re clear about this?

Minhyuk: we are..i know it’s just pretend at the start..but I feel like it’s not anymore..am I not right?

Jessy: minhyuk…

--She shooked her head a little. And he finally gave up but.

Minhyuk: hahahaha! Got you there huh? I’m kidding! Ah chincha..you’re scary!

--He pinched her cheeks.

Jessy: you babo! Hahaha. Whatever..good night : )

--She tapped his shoulder.

Minhyuk: good night…

--He looked sad. He went inside the car.

Jessy: bye!

Minhyuk: I’m going to make this real, jessy…soon! annyeong!

--He shouted and rolled the window up.


 

--At minhyuk’s condo. He was drinking wine. The phone rang.

Minhyuk: yeoboseyo?

Mrs. Lee: min-min?

Minhyuk: de, omma?

--He sounded sad.

Mrs. Lee: is anything wrong?

Minhyuk: no..nothing..do you have something to say?

Mrs. Lee: nothing, just..it’s just that I miss you…

--She was crying while looking at the file of mr. lee where the address of mrs. Yook was written as a scheduled ‘meeting’.

Minhyuk: I miss you too, omma. I really miss you and appa..




***here’sthe chapter 7. since it’s my vacation, expect frequent updating maybe? Godbless : )