Chapter 10: Back to Zero

Days to Forever

 

Mr. kim: any plans today, darling?

--Jessy was just staring at her breakfast, still thinking how much she must have hurt minhyuk. She was still wearing her pajamas and her hair was still like a bird’s nest.

Mr. kim: I got you a new phone.

--He raised a box, but she didn’t pay attention to him.

Mr. kim: by the way, I’m confused why you went home. I thought you’ll be staying at sungjae’s house? Ahh…maybe when you saw minhyuk, you were convinced to go with him huh? Haha you know what, I’m really amazed on how he found you. yah jessy, are you listening?

Jessy: ah de. Excuse me, mr. kim.

--She just went back to her room and took a bath to somehow relax herself.


 

Seoulhyun: ahh…yesterday was such a long day…

--She just got up from bed since it’s weekend. She got her phone immediately, expecting for ilhoon’s messages. And fortunately, there’s one voicemail.

Ilhoon: a-annyeong! Did you sleep well? Ahhh…I really had a great time yesterday. Kamsahamnida!

--Seoulhyun can imagine him bowing while thanking her and it made her smile.

Ilhoon: maybe we can go out again next time? Have a good day! Annyeong!

--And it ended. Seoulhyun hugged her pillow, trying not to scream.


 

Hyunsik: sungjae!!! Wae?!

--Sungjae put his phone away from his ear. He realized that answering hyunsik’s call when he just woke up was such a bad decision.

Sungjae: why? What’s the matter?

Hyunsik: don’t you lie to me! I saw it…you and jessy!

Sungjae: oh.

Hyunsik: according to all of my observations, you and her are together now, am I right?

Sungjae: well you can’t say---

Hyunsik: I knew it from the start! These love-hate relationships never fail! Well then, you better take care of her! And you better keep it secret, I guess…

Sungjae: what?

Hyunsik: ah. Mianhamnida. Sungjae, annyeong!

--And he ended the conversation. He was right, sungjae should not ruin the pretend. Their relationship should be away from the eyes of people, even if it means not having to let them know that he, yook sungjae, is the one that hyun jessy truly likes.


 

Mr. lee: good morning honey.

--Eun ji was eating her breakfast. He sat beside her.

Mr. lee: you went home a little drunk last night. Did you girls have a night out? Haha

Mrs. lee: are you loyal to me?

Mr. lee: what? Of course! What made you ask that?

--He was getting food on the table.

Mrs. lee: yook min ah.

Mr. lee: w-what about her?

Mrs. lee: I thought you forgot about her. I guess I was wrong.

--eunji pushed her plate away and faced her husband.

Mr. lee: i-I did.

Mrs. lee: by any chance, do you have a…a child with her?

--He was caught off guard and couldn’t answer. He put down his utensils and lost his appetite like his wife.

Mrs. lee: so I was right, the boy in the picture in their house is your son!

--She stood up, shouting at him.

Mrs. lee: how long are you planning to keep that from me?

Mr. lee: listen to me. calm down

Mrs. lee: no! you better fix this and stop seeing them or else, you won’t ever see me and minhyuk again!

--She said and left him, pushing the chair away, making it fall.


 

Maid: jessy!

--Her maid was knocking like crazy on her room’s door, and when she opened it, she could see the panic in her eyes.

Maid: you better come down. Hurry!

--And she followed her downstairs. Seeing the maid nervous made her scared so even if she was only wearing underwear and her robe, she ran after her. Water was dripping from her hair. And when they finally reached the last step, she saw them; mr. kim, minhyuk, her mother, and her father.

Mrs. hyun: oh sweetie!

--She hugged her. Jessy felt embarrassed on how she looked like. She wondered if she would leave wet spots on her mother’s dress.

Mrs. hyun: I missed you so much!

Jessy: I missed you too omma. Annyeonghasseo appa and minhyuk.

--It felt awkward when minhyuk’s eyes and hers met, but as they say, the show must go on whatever happens, whatever happened last night.

Minhyuk: jessy, they thought of surprising you, and they just called me this morning. Mianhe if I didn’t told you.

Jessy: i-it’s alright.

Mr. hyun: ahh…why were you just taking a bath now? it’s a good thing we didn’t call you to pick us up.

Mr. kim: it’s Saturday mr. hyun. She’s tired because she worked yesterday too even if there are no classes.

Jessy: ah de, appa. Mianhamnida.

--Out of her consciousness, because of her parents, Jessy walked towards the couch to sit next to minhyuk.

Minhyuk: jessy, anya. You should dress properly first, arasso?

--He said with a sweet tone and tapped jessy’s hand.

Mr. hyun: minhyuk’s right. Go to your room.

Mrs. hyun: aigoo…our minhyuk-ah sure is a gentleman.

--She said while holding her hands together.

Jessy: arasso. I’ll be back in a whie.

--Jessy and minhyuk smiled at each other, acting so natural and without any trace of their misunderstanding. She held minhyuk’s shoulder and he nodded in approval.


 

Mrs. yook: sungjae, where are you going?

Sungjae: ahm…to see hyunsik.

Mrs. yook: okay, be back before lunch.

Sungjae: de, annyeong omma.

--When sungjae got out of the house, he saw a familiar car, and he walked away hurriedly.


 

--When jessy got back, they were already eating.

Mrs. hyun: ahhh…I really missed your cooking. Kamsahamnida.

--She said to the maid who was putting more dishes on the table.

Mr. hyun: oh jessy, join us.

Jessy: de, appa.

--MInhyuk suddenly stood up and helped her sit beside him.

Jessy: gomawo : )

Minhyuk: eat a lot, okay? you’re losing weight these days.

Mrs. hyun: ah chincha. I think I gave birth to jessy because minhyuk was born.haha

Minhyuk: I think so too, mrs. hyun.haha kamsahamnida for your hard work!

Mrs. hyun: then you should really take care of her : )

Minhyuk: de : )

Mr. hyun: so, minhyuk, you’ve been causing a lot of news today. I guess you’re really a great singer.

Minhyuk: I guess I inherited a lot of good characteristics from my parents, mr. hyun.

Mr. hyun: well then, we should really meet them soon to see what they can do.haha

Minhyuk: don’t worry mr. hyun, we’ll prepare a concert for you.haha

--It was weird for jessy to see his father talking comfortably to a young man like minhyuk. Now it was clear to her that he really likes minhyuk to be with him, but she hopes that it was not just because of business.


 

Mr. lee: I don’t know how she knew all of this. Mianhamnida, min ah.

Mrs. yook: she threatened our lives, now what should I do? Still keep calm and not worry about sungjae?

--Her hands were curling into fists.

Mrs. yook: it’s alright if it’s just me, but if she hurts my child, I swear, I’ll never forgive her!

Mr. lee: that’s why I’m here. If you want me to help you move into another place---

Mrs. yook: what?! Andwae! Sungjae’s life is in here! We won’t leave this place just because of her!

Mr. lee: but---

Mrs. yook: daehyun, I think…I think I don’t know you anymore.

--Her tears were silently flowing down her cheeks.

Mrs. yook: I know that I was wrong when I left you, and not letting you know that we have a child. Trust me, I regret leaving your side when you promised you’ll fight for our relationship even if it means not having your family. I realized how much that might have hurt. I’m sorry if I was too scared at that time. But please, fix these things even just for sungjae. Please…

Mr. lee: for ten years, I was not by his side. I can’t blame him if for all the years that I spent asking for his forgiveness, he still have hatred on me.

--Mr. lee was letting all his feelings out in the conversation.

Mr. lee: I wanted to blame you for hiding him from me, that if not for my brother’s friend I would have not known that he exists. Everyday, I pray for him to forgive me and even just for once call me his father. I know it would be hard for you if the two of you move away, but it’s harder for me. I’d rather have him far from me again than seeing him hurt.

Mrs. yook: and you think that he would like to be far from you?

Mr. lee: as much as it hurts, yes.

Mrs yook: you’re wrong. I know my son. He may say bad things and appear tough, but inside him, I know that he longs for you. He longs for you since the time he learned the word father. He just couldn’t accept why he should ask for your time, why he should hide from people, and why he, your son, should not live with you.

Mr. lee: you know I already explained it to the two of you.

Mrs. yook: you know what? I understand that as time went by, you learned to forget me and love eun ji, but I think you’re being unfair with your son. Can’t you just pick his happiness this time? Even just for once?

--There was silence for a few minutes, both were trying to calm themselves, inhaling deeply.

Mr. lee: I’ll see what I can do about this.

--He said and left the house.


 

Mr. hyun: it was really nice meeting you, minhyuk.

Mrs. hyun: be careful on driving, okay?

Minhyuk: de, we’re going now : ) thank you for the delicious meal.

Mrs. hyun: take her home early, okay?

Minhyuk: de, mrs, hyun. kapshida? : )

--He said, and put his hand on her back.

Jessy: de, annyeong omma, appa.

--They went inside his car and minhyuk drove immediately.

Minhyuk: it’s not that hard, right?

Jessy: what do you mean?

--She was nervous, not sure of why minhyuk is reacting like he forgot everything last night.

Minhyuk: I mean being a couple in front of your parents.

Jessy: ah, I’m not sure about that.

Minhyuk: I forgive you for not telling me where you are and for making me find you for so long. But I’m not accepting that I’m already defeated by him.

--Jessy knew exactly what he was talking about.

Minhyuk: I can’t just give up.

Jessy: minhyuk---

Minhyuk: no. let’s just say that I didn’t see you with him, that i don’t know a thing on what’s your relationship with him, oh wait, I really don’t know.

Jessy: de…

Minhyuk: so let’s just keep it like that. This pretending, I guess it’s not that bad. You’ll see, as days pass by, you’ll find yourself not pretending anymore.

--Jessy didn’t know what to say. She wanted to tell him to just stop and forget about her but she couldn’t. She just decided to solve their problem and reveal the truth as soon as possible.

Minhyuk: you know what, I didn’t know why I agreed on you when you said you want to go with me when in the first place, I remembered that I have a scheduled radio broadcast…

--He looked at his watch.

Minhyuk: now.

--She felt tensed.

Jessy: oh no, can you just---

Minhyuk: but I told your mother that I’ll take you home, and I’ll be late.

Jessy: oh okay. I promise I won’t be a bother.

Minhyuk: it’s fine, you can even sing along if you want to.

--He looked and smiled at jessy for a brief moment and focused on driving again.

Minhyuk: ahhh…what should I sing?


 

Sungjae: ilhoon? Why are you here?

Ilhoon: hyunsik and I decided to have a deadly match.

Sungjae: on video games?

Ilhoon: it’s serious, sungjae, serious.

--He said as he tapped sungjae’s shoulder and shooked his head slowly.

Hyunsik: were you bothered with what I told you a while ago? I’m really sorry, sungjae.

Sungjae: anyo, I just wanted to relax.

Ilhoon: wait! What was that all about?

Sungjae: nothing, just a petty thing.

Ilhoon: tell me!

--Ilhoon shouted so loud and his eyes became bigger that the two were a little scared.

Hyunsik: t-tell him!

--Hyunsik elbowed sungjae.

Sungjae: de!


 

Jessy: ah chincha, you shouldn’t have brought me along here.

--She said as she pulls her cardigan to cover her, trying to hide herself as the staffs and other celebrities pass by.

Minhyuk: what’s wrong with that? It’s not like they’re gonna throw you out if they see you. stop that.

--He pulled jessy’s hands away and fixed her dress. Jessy suddenly couldn’t move. Then minhyuk took her hand and clasp it with his tightly as he greets everyone that passes by. Jessy bowed everytime he greets someone. Minhyuk looked at her, secretly enjoying the time that she’s his.


 

Ilhoon: that was…awesome!!!

Sungjae: you think?

Hyunsik: well, a little risky too…

Ilhoon: I know, but still!!!

Sungjae: yeah, but maybe not as awesome as what we saw yesterday…

--He smiled at ilhoon teasingly, raising an eyebrow.

Hyunsik: what? Tell me!!!

--Hyunsik shouted, almost imitating what ilhoon had done.

Sungjae: why on earth do I have scary friends?!


 

Radio broadcaster/host: and here he is, lee minhyuk! Please say a few words to your fans minhyuk-ssi.

Minhyuk: annyeonghasseo, lee minhyuk imnida!

Rb/h: today is a special day, isn’t it minhyuk-ssi?

Minhyuk: ah de, it’s nice to be here and perform for all of the fans listening.

Rb/h: ah anya, not just because of that.

--He nodded towards jessy, who was waiting for minhyuk innocently outside the booth.

Minhyuk: ah de. Haha jessy’s here, waiting outside the booth.

Rb/h: ah chincha! Our listeners surely are having mixed emotions right now.

Minhyuk: ah haha mianhe. To all the listeners, saranghae!

Rb/h: can she join us, mihyuk-ssi?

Minhyuk: oh. I’m not sure she’d like that; she’s quite a shy girl. Haha but…

--Minhyuk looked at jessy, who was watching them and signaled her to come inside. The staffs were leading her to come and she couldn’t refuse. She was given her headphones and she sat beside minhyuk. The host then, whispered for her to say something. She cleared , and with a very soft voice, she greeted…

Jessy: annyeonghasseo.

Rb/h: ahhh…we’re so lucky today! Ms. Hyun jessy’s here with us! I can’t believe it!

--Jessy didn’t want to be awkward and didn’t want for minhyuk to worry about her so she played along.

Jessy: well, you better do because I’m really here.haha annyeonghasseo listeners, hyun jessy imnida.

Minhyuk: I thought it’ll be hard to make her join us , but I guess I’m wrong.haha

--He smiled at her and she smiled back.

Rb/h: ahhh! If you listeners are just feeling what I feel right now! daebak!!!

Minhyuk: thank you…

Jessy: maybe it’s my way way of making it up to you, minhyuk-ssi. : )

--The radio host heard their soft whispers that they seemed to have forgotten about the microphones.

Rb/h: Maybe we can expect a duet after minhyuk’s solo performance ms. Jessy?

Jessy: ah!

Rb/h: can we?

--Jessy couldn’t disappoint them. And anyway, it is her dream to become a singer.

Jessy: sure. No problem.

Rb/h: daebak! How can this day be more amazing?!

Minhyuk: I agree to that. : )


Hyunsik: no way!!! You two get out of my house now!

 

--Ilhoon was laughing and sungjae high fived him.

Sungjae: then you should someone too!

Ilhoon: oh! Oh! Choaya?

Hyunsik: ahhh…noooooooooo…that girl has some serious thing going on with sungjae.

Sungjae: eh?!

Hyunsik: you two are so…it is so obvious!!!

--Sungjae just looked away and ilhoon’s jaw dropped.

Hyunsik: I hate the two of you.

Sungjae: yoonari, then.

Hyunsik: ahm…no.

Ilhoon: ah wae?!

Hyunsik: I don’t know, maybe because I just don’t see her like how you see seoulhyun or jessy.

Sungjae: don’t blame us if you get old alone, alright?

Hyunsik: alright!

--And he tightened his arms around ilhoon and sungjae’s heads.


 

Radio host: wow! That was great, lee minhyuk!

--Jessy and him were clapping.

Minhyuk: Kamsahamnida!

Radio host: that was realy awesome, especially when you were giving sweet smiles and glances to jessy.haha

Minhyuk: oh haha it wasn’t like that.

Radio host: oh come on. Even the listeners felt it with the way you sang. Ms. Jessy, will you sing for him too like that?

Jessy: ah haha maybe?

Radio host: honestly guys, I think our staffs are fans of this couple. They even know that ms. Jessy hyun sings in theaters back in their country. Are they right?

Jessy: de…

Radio host: so why not become a singer here? We would love that jessy-ssi. : )

Jessy: ahhh…

--Jessy sighed deeply and swallowed. Minhyuk felt her tensed and put a hand behind her back. Minhyuk was ready to answer for her even if he didn’t know why she was acting like that, but jessy immediately answered.

Jessy: it was just…it is not in our..i mean, in my plans so I didn’t pursue it.

Radion host: that’s a pity, but can we hear you sing even just this time?

Jessy: sure : )

--Minhyuk smiled at her and discussed what they should sing.

Jessy: this is a dream come true, minhyuk, to be able to sing again…thank you.

Minhyuk: it is the same for me. shall we sing ‘all for you’?…I guess the lyrics says it all.

--Minhyuk held her hand. After a while, the host signaled if they’re already ready and they nodded. Minhyuk said what they were going to sing.

Radio host: let’s enjoy listening to the two of them, okay? so here they are, jessy and minhyuk with ‘all for you’!


--They were both satisfied with their performance. Overwhelmed by finally singing again, jessy hugged minhyuk with gladness, he hugged her tighter and kissed her head, making her jerk a little. But then, she couldn’t explain how thankful she is that after a long time, he made her do again what she dreams, to sing. Her eyes were being filled with tears as they hugged. Her heart was full of contentment that she finally breaks through a wall that was built with her father’s hindrances to her dream. She remembered how much she fought for her to do what she wants but ended up losing to him, how she escaped everytime she had practices but finally giving up after finishing a few plays and performances that only her mother attended to, and how much she cried that she decided not to sing again if that’s what he wants. And this, she needed this. She needed to sing again because her heart tells her to do so, and for once after all of the pain she felt, let everyone hear everything her voice wanted to say.

--She felt sorry to minhyuk. After all that she had done, he made her happy, maybe he didn’t know how much special it is for her, but this simple act made every fight and misunderstanding they had erased from jessy.

Minhyuk: ah wae? You did great…don’t cry, sweetie.

Jessy: thank you. just thank you, minhyuk.

Minhyuk: all for you, jessy. All for you…

--They smiled at each other as they received praises from the staff and host.





***10th chapter!!! Yey! I want to thank all the people that read and are reading this fanfic!!! Also, BTOB is having a new album soon so please support them! Thank you thank you thank you! : ) btw, I love the song ‘all for you’ by eunji and seo in guk : ) and sungjae resembles seo in guk, right? Haha