Chapter 1: Bump Me and I'll Hit You

Days to Forever

 

--Jessy slowly smiled as she was daydreaming about her self-proclaimed boyfriend, Minhyuk. From her country to Korea, she’s expecting to find a new life, to be away from the controlling pressure that her surname gives her. And as she stares at the clouds from her seat in the plane, the words of her mother drifted through her heart and soul.

 Jessy: mom, I finally have the courage you were talking about, to go after what I want, whom I want


 

Jessy: ihhhhhhh..where is he?!

--And yes, she was truly into her daydream :D then her phone rang.

Jessy: oh! Hello?

Mr. kim (family assistant): jessy?

--And like she knew how bad the news is going to be, she tried to hang up as fast as she could.

Mr. kim: no! no! Please don’t be mad. It was your dad’s decision. Where are you? I’m taking you to where you’re going to stay, okay?

Jessy: fine then, mr. kim. I’m actually here…uh..waiting for someone…

--She hated how her life back to her country is slowly getting into her ‘should be alone’ vacation, but as much as he respects mr. kim, who’s one of the few that understands her next to her mother, she just let it go. And just to calm herself down, she took herself back to her fantasy.

Mr. kim: ah really? who?

Jessy: ah! Nevermind. I think he won’t come. Just..just come and pick me up here at the airport. Thank you, mr. kim.

--Jessy just stared at the sky, waiting for the best to happen in her vacation.

Jessy: tsk, what am I thinking of him coming to pick me up..but soon, jessy..soon.


 

--He adjusted his coat and kissed her mom’s cheek.

Mrs. yook: go home early, ok?

sungjae: yep, bye mom.


 

--Sungjae was riding his bicycle along the street. He was really sleepy that his bicycle moved too wobbly

Sungjae: aaaaaaaah. So cold.

--Out of his consciousness, he took a sharp turn.

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!

Sungjae: oh! Oh! no!

-He struggled to regain his balance and stopped at the sidewalk, scratching his head out of embarrassment and not knowing that the girl who’s riding the car, might just change his whole life.

Sungjae: I’m sorry!

 --He shouted at the car.

Sungjae: aisshh..i should have slept early…


 

--Jessy was annoyed at how mr. kim suddenly stopped that she almost bumped her head to the front seat. Then she stared furiously at the guy riding his bicycle as the car was driven faster.

Jessy: silly boy.

Mr. kim: ah, really. Kids nowadays are so careless and brave.

--She coughed, as if to say that she does not belong to those ‘kids’.

Mr. kim: aish. sorry.

--Mr. kim just chuckled and smiled through the mirror, which jessy saw and made her smile too. If only her father acts like this to her.

Jessy: so where are we going?

Mr. kim: you promise you won’t get mad?

Jessy: what? You’re making me nervous, mr. kim.

Mr. kim: your dad’s decision again.

Jessy: (sighed) he won’t let me go that easy, will he? [no…I can’t believe him..even here in korea? Seriously? Why can’t I just have some time for myself?]

Mr. kim: (mimicks her dad’s voice) since she’s going there, might as well help in our school.

Jessy: ah! But I went here to relax, to find myself! and that’s the reason why I forced myself to graduate earlier! I didn’t think I would end up handling this business we have here.

Mr. kim: don’t worry. You’ll just supervise. Not much to do.

Jessy: but still. So you mean, we’re actually going there?

Mr. kim: yes, the school prepared for your arrival.

Jessy: whoa. They did that and I’ve heard nothing about it.

Mr. kim: I’m sorry, sweetheart.

--She hated it. Totally hated it. >: |


 

Ilhoon: hey sungjae!

--With his swagger voice, he called sungjae. Ilhoon saw sungjae parking his bike and rushed to him.

Sungjae: ilhoon.

Ilhoon: I’m surprised you’re not late! (tapped sungjae’s back)

--As they were walking, sungjae finally noticed that the teachers were having a huge commotion at the entrance of the school.

Sungjae:  what’s going on?

Ilhoon: (chuckled) I knew that you don’t know about this, because if you do, you won’t hurry to be in school. :D

--Sungjae just looked at him, waiting for the right answer. Yeah, he’s really some kind of snobbish at times.

Ilhoon: fine. (defeated) The teachers said there’s someone important coming. But I don’t know who it is.

Sungjae: ahhhhh…whatever, let’s go.

(fading dialogue…like addlib…)ilhoon: so what’s your lunch today? Can we trade?(sungjae pushed him away)ilhoon: yah! I gave you a little of mine yesterday!......


 

--At the dean’s office…

Mr. joon(teacher): sir, she’s coming in a while. All of us are ready.

Mr. park(dean): ok, let’s go meet her.

--At the school’s entrance…

Mr. park: everybody show your most wise expressions. We don’t want this little girl to tell something bad about us to the president.

--Mr. park had been in charge of the school for many years. He feels like he’s the one who owns it already, and having jessy there would be a huge problem.

Ms. Shin: (whispers to co-teacher) I wonder what she looks like. Wrapped with branded items, maybe? Ah..so rich.

Ms kang: yes..and she’s smart. Graduated a year earlier.

Ms. Shin: what? Really? Ah..i hope she’s not like her dad or mr. park though (looks at the dean) tsk..


 

Sungjae: (walking along the corridor) they are scolding students for being late but then they are wasting their time of teaching just to meet someone. Aish…so unfair.


 

All: (ah! She’s here!)

--Jessy walked out the door with totally different aura. Well, she was trained to act like this since she was a little child. She walked and greeted them with confidence and humbleness at the same time, giving her sweetest smile to everyone who shooked her hand.

Jessy: hello, I’m jessy hyun. Nice to meet you all. I hope we’ll all get along well. (smiled and bowed)

All: (welcome, ms. hyun)

Jessy: (smiled) thank you (walked towards dean)

Mr. park: I’m mr. park, school’s dean. A pleasure to meet you ms. hyun. (handshake)

Jessy: a pleasure to meet all of you (looks at all of the teachers (they smiled too))

--All seemed to like her. But of course the dean was an exception, with his forced smile and tight handshake, jessy’s really in danger. -.-


 

Random students: she’s here! (staring through windows and corridors) ah..so elite and pretty.

--Hyunsik, reading a book, was disturbed and took time to look at what the students were gossiping about.

Hyunsik: ah..she looks so smart, right?

Sungjae: looks like a brat…

Random guy: alright! alright! how many days for her to hate the dean?

Random guy1: 10000 won for 5 days!

Random guy2: 30000 won for 3 days!

sungjae: (looked at the guys; shook his head and just smiled) [I bet it’s the dean that already hates her now]

--Ilhoon, being known as one of the most playful students in his class, threw a ball at sungjae.

ilhoon: sungjae!                                                                                    

Sungjae: ah! Ah!

--At sungjae’s surprise, he did not catch the ball and it fell out of the window.

Ilhoon: aisssh sungjae!!!!!!

Hyunsik: a huge possibility that it’ll---

(they all looked down)


 

Jessy: ah! (hit by the ball on head)

(all are panicking) are you alright ms, hyun?

Mr. kim: jessy! Jessy! Excuse me…

--Mr. kim made his way through the crowd of teachers surrounding her and checked if she’s alright.

Jessy: ah really.. is this how students welcome people here?

--She whispered to mr. kim. For a second, she knew that she really lost her composure and almost shouted to whoever it was that ruined her perfect entrance to the school.

Mr. kim: ssshhh..i’ll just get you an icebag.


 

Hyunsik: ---  hit someone’s head.

--All students from sungjae’s class have very fast reflexes except for him, so when the teachers looked up, there’s no one to blame but him.

Sungjae: ahhh..really. I’m doomed because of you ilhoon!

Ilhoon: ah! It really did hit someone??? But we’re always doing that! You’re the one who did not catch the ball!

Sungjae: aissssh! (ran after ilhoon) come here!!!

Hyunsik: a teacher in five, four, three, two---

Mr. joon: yook sungjae!!!!

Sungjae: but it’s just an---

Mr. joon: to the dean’s office.

Hyunsik: they won’t kill you sungjae, be brave! (shouted as he walked away)

Ilhoon: mianhe!!!!

--Sungjae gave his best irritated look, which ilhoon just laughed to. :D


 

--At the dean’s office…

Mr. park: we are terribly sorry, ms. Hyun.

Jessy: it’s alright. it’s just an accident.

--Jessy was still pressing the icebag to his head, forgetting how it’ll ruin her combed hair because she’s quite scared if the ball will leave a mark on her head.

Mr. kim: don’t worry. It won’t reach the president.

--Mr. kim sure knew what the dean really wanted to hear.

Mr. park: thank you, thank you.

--Mr. joon walked into the room, giving a signal for someone to come in too.

Sungjae: but mr. joon, I told it was an…(looked at the three) accident…

Mr. kim: you?!

Jessy: who is he, mr. kim?

Mr. kim: jessy, he’s the one who’s in the bike a while ago.

Jessy: oh! Oh! The silly guy!

--Jessy was psyched that this guy already gave him too much embarrassment in just a few minutes.

Mr. park: excuse me?

Jessy: nothing..ah!(head hurting)

Mr. joon: apologize yook sungjae..

Sungjae: but…

Mr.joon: apologize..

(dean was looking at him) sungjae: I’m so--

Jessy: it’s alright..i forgive you..

--Jessy said it was alright but did a ‘get out of here already’ expression. Then she realized that it was too much to be hated by a student in the school she’ll co-manage in her first day, so she tried her best to be nice.

Jessy: (looked at sungjae) just don’t do it again. study well, okay? (then she smiled)

--Okay. her act , but the effort sure counts, right? Her smile was too forced and she looked awkward, so sungjae just smirked and tried to exit the room when mr. joon caught him by the arm.

Sungjae: (while looking away he said..) thank you.

--Then like he wanted to forget everything that happened already, he walked out of the room quickly, leaving their memory of first meeting full of shame. But as much as he knows, he can’t just move himself away from her.


 

Sungjae: I shouldn’t have gone to school if I knew it would be like this. Maybe I should have let the car bump me.