Good Mourning

The Day the World Ended

Chapter 1: Good Mourning

 

 

*BANG* 

You woke up to an abrupt sound coming from downstairs. *What the hell?* You rubbed your eyes and sat up, letting your blankets softly fall to the ground. You looked at your clock on your bedstand to your right. 1:00 P.M it read. 

*Where's mom? She should've woken me up already* You got out of bed and tripped on your blankets left on the floor. "Ouch!" You said as you held your knee. It was bleeding. "Wow, guess who just got owned by a floor..." You said to yourself. You decided to clean it when you got downstairs and you walked to your door and walked into the hallway.

"Urghh..Arghhh.." You heard from downstairs. A pit immediately formed in your stomach as you slowly started down the stairs. You grabbed an umbrella from the little basket next to the main door and slowly, carefully turned the corner.

"MOM!!" You screamed as you dropped the umbrella. You saw your little sister in your mom's arms, looking extremely pale. Your mother was kneeling on the floor, holding her. She quietly weeped. "M-mom, what happened?" You asked slowly brushing the sweaty hair out of your sister's face. "She..she fell, and..and she wouldn't eat, or stand up...the..th-the , and the groaning and-" your mother said shakily as she started to cry. "Mom," You said softly tapping her shoulder "we are going to call a doctor and everything will be alright..okay?'' You said. She nodded.

You helped your sister to her room as your mother called the doctor. You've never seen her like this, and to be honest you wanted to breakdown and cry right there..but you had to stay strong..for your sister.

 

~2 hours later~

 

After talking  walk around your house for a while, you found that our dad had a gun safe for intruders in his bedroom. You hacked the code by typing in your birthday then your sister's birthday. Tada! Open safe..that's not so safe anymore...

*Knock Knock*

You ran to the door and opened it. It was your mom, barely holding herself up. She was crying so hard, that you could barely tell her eyes were open. "She..she's not gonna make it..." Your mother said, quietly.

*No..no, no, no, PLEASE NO!!!* You mentally screamed, but remained completely motionless physically. "I wanted you to say goodbye..." She said. You slowly nodded, trying to stay strong for your mother..the hallway seemed endless and dark...why wouldn't it? The light of your life...is gone. There is no hope..no miracles. This is it...you can't do anything about it this time.

You reached your sister's room and the door had a painting you two made..together. Yet another thing that stabs your heart mercilessly. You opened the door and saw her tiny, fragile, grey body. It was..indescribably cruel to see your joyful little sister..in so much pain.

"Hey Rinny," you said slowly walking towards her "..gosh, I can't believe..that..I'm gonna..I'm gonna have to live without you. I just want you know that no matter how much we fought..I ALWAYS loved you and would switch places with you right now in a heartbeat if I could. I..I just," you started as you sat next to her and grabbed her hand,"I wish this wasn't happening. I wish you could bounce out of this bed and dance to gangnam style or something." The thought of that made you giggle a little and you saw a weak smile appear on Sung Rin's face. "I realize that I'm not gonna see you go to the 7th grade, or highschool, or college..I won't get to see you become a doctor like you wanted to..I won't see you get to be a kpop star like you wanted to..I won't see you go to America, or go on a first date, or walk down the aisle." Youstopped as your mom opened the door. 

"Honey..if you don't mind, c-can I say goodbye?" She said with red puffy eyes and more tears falling down her face. "Of course mom, just call me if you need anything." You slightly smiled and walked out. You exhaled deeply, that was the last time you would ever see your little sister. You slowly walked downstairs to the living room and saw all the pictures..all the memories..

You saw pictures of you, your sister, and family pictures. You looked up and saw your little sister's machetes that she would use to practice with. She may be small, but she was FIERCE! the thought made you chuckle, and you slowly picked up the swords and lightly glided your hands across the tips. Suddenly, you heard a bloodcurling scream.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! OH DEAR LORD HELP ME!!! OH MY GOODNESS HELP ME PLEASE!!" Your mother shouted. *MOM.* You thought as you dropped the pionted object and ran upstairs, sprinted down the hallway, and whipped the door open. There, you saw your little sister...feasting on your mom...

She immediately turned to you, leaving your mother's lifeless body on the ground. She stuck out her hands and started limping towards you. You ran down the stairs and to the living room and picked up both machetes. Too bad they were completely UNSHARPENED! You heard you little sister AND your mom fall down the stairs and limp to the living room, reading to make a feast out of you. You quickly grabbed the swords nd sprinted to the door and ran outside as fast as your legs could carry you. You immediately shut the door and locked it. You slowly started to walk down your driveway, looking for something to sharpen your swords with. Finally, you reached the end of your driveway and continued down the sidewalk. Your plan was to go to the police station and tell them what happened..then, leave it to them. While thinking about your plan, you totally missed your dad's car park in the driveway and your dad walk up the walkway. 

You continued walking until a thought smacked you right in the face.

 

 

"Dad..."