Goodbye...

The Day the World Ended

Chapter 2: Goodbye...

 

 

You quickly ran back to your house, only too find your dad's car parked in the driveway, and the front door wide open. "Dad.." You whispered. You quickly ran into your house, only to find your dad out cold on the floor with blood covering his neck. 

You ran over to him as fast as you could. "APPA!" You shouted. You held him in your arms as you softly cried. "No, no, no...I'm so sorry daddy...I shouldn't have left..I should've called you.." You whispered and looked up. "I'm so stupid..." You whispered again and looked back down. "Daddy...what should I do? My family is gone...what should I do appa?" You sobbed and put your head on his chest.  *119...call 119..* You heard your father's voice in your head. 

"Dad?" You asked and looked up, only to see his pale face still out cold on your lap. You sighed and set his head down gently as you got up. You walked over to your house phone and dialed the police.

"119, what's your emergency?" You heard a male ask. "H-Hello? My family...they're dead.." You sighed. "Okay, don't panic, we'll-" You cut him off. "No, my family is dead..but they're walking. I-is there such thing as..zombies?" You asked. "...Look, if this is some sort of joke this isn't funny.." The person said. "No! Please believe me...I have no one else. Please, please, send someone. Send two police officers for all I care, but please...send someone.." You said, looking around for any sign of your mother or sister. 

"...Okay, we're sending someone right now." The person said. "Thank you...thank you so much." You said and hung up. You looked around for anything to sharpen your swords with. As you walked into the kitchen, you looked around and saw pictures of you with your family from when you were young to now. You walked to the sink and found a small knife sharpener. *It's not much, but it's better than nothing.* You thought and put it in your pocket. Just then, the doorbell rang.

*Already? That was fast..*   You thought and ran to the front door. You looked outside and saw 5 police cars, 3 ambulances, and 2 fire trucks.

"Are you Min Hee Yeon?" One of the officers at the door asked. "N-Neh..please come inside." I said, stepping aside. One of the officers told me to go to the ambulance, so I walked over to them. 

"Annyeonghaseyo.." I weakly smiled. "Oh, Annyeong! Do you feel alright?" One of the paramedics said as they sat me down in the back of the ambulance. 

After ten minutes of the paramedics taking care of me, we heard two screams come from the house. All of the policemen quickly ran in with their guns and everyone got behind their cars. Five minutes later, we saw all the police officers and my family walk out very slowly and they were limping. *No...* I thought as I immediately knew what was going on.  Some of the firemen ran over to them only to get bitten and feasted on.

And that's when the chaos happened.

All of the firemen and paramedics started shooting at the undead creatures. I saw my mom and sister fall after getting shot in the head, but my father was still "alive." Many of the paramedics and firemen ran out of ammo and soon, they were taken over by zombies. A few of the paramedics managed to stay alive and they ran back to the ambulance I was in. They brought 15 empty guns with them and two of them were holding 3 cardboard boxes each. 

Once they arrived at the truck they quickly got in and shut the back doors. There were 2 males that looked like they were in their mid-thirty's and 3 women that looked like they were in their early twenty's. 

"Okay, we should be safe long enough for us to reload these guns and go back outside." One of the males said as he brought out one of the boxes. "GO BACK OUTSIDE? ARE YOU CRAZY?! AS STUPID AS THIS SOUNDS, THERE ARE FREAKING ZOMBIES OUTSIDE! DO YOU WANT TO BECOME A HUMAN BUFFET?!" One of the woman yelled. 

"Well we have to go out sometime! We can't live in here forever!!" He yelled back as he handed us each two guns. " Now start loading up. Quickly." He said as he brought out all 6 boxes of ammo. I quickly loaded up as much as I could, but only so many bullets could fit into two small pistols. I looked around and found a small bag next to a set of first aid kits. When no one was looking, I quickly grabbed both of them and put the guns and first aid kits in. I started grabbing handfuls of ammo and filling up the large front pocket of the backpack. Once I fit all I could, I quickly zipped it up and put it on my back. 

"What do we do now?" One of the women asked. After she said that, we heard banging on the doors. "CRAP. Those THINGS know we're in here." One of the guys said. "What do we do?" I asked. He began speaking but none of us heard him because the zombies had broke through the doors. 

"AHH!" One of the women screamed as two zombies got her leg. "HELP ME!" Another guy screamed as he tried shooting the zombie who was currently eating his arm. I went into shock and just sat there, watching them all die. One of them women, who was already basically half eaten took my arm. "Here," she said and handed me her four guns, "they're all loaded. Take them and get out of here. There's a map in the front of the car for the entire city. You'll also find a key to a set of handcuffs. Go to the circled address on the map and you'll arrive at the hospital. In the front you'll find a bike rack. Take the light blue bike on the 2nd rack to the left. Go inside and ask the secretary for a small radio. Tell her Miyoung sent you." She said as a zombie grabbed her body and started eating her insides. 

I quickly hopped to the front of the car and found the key and the map. I grabbed them and got out of the car, looking out for any zombies. I started running toward the address of the hospital. I passed by all of the cop cars filled with dead bodies and felt something grab me from behind. I quickly turned around and saw my dad. I saw his lifeless eyes that stared at me, and for a split second...I saw life in his eyes. I didn't see some evil man-eating monster. I saw my dad that I knew and loved. But he went right back to the moster in the form of my dad. 

Then I did the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I shot him. I shot my dad and left him there as I ran off to the hospital. *Why the hell did this happen to me?* I asked myself as I continued running.

 

*Goodbye my precious old life. Goodbye mom, dad, and little sister... Goodbye..everything..*

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

Okay, I'm so sorry for not updating for a while, but I decided to revive this story! Lol I hope you enjoyed and sorry for the late update T^T P.S B.A.P is going to finally appear in the next chapter!! :DD