---

My Friend's Girlfriend

 

The car ride was the most awkward thing Minhee had ever been put through. She sat in the back seat in between Jinsuk and Hyunchul. Whenever Ven braked too hard or went over a speed bump or pot hole she ended up slumping closer to Hyunchul. Each time their skin touched she would took a deep breath and try to control herself.
"Can you open the window oppa?", she got a little closer to Jinsuk.
"You okay?", he furrowed his brows and touched her forehead with the back of his hand. 
 
"Mhm.", she assured him, "It's...it's just a little hot in here..."
Next to her Hyunchul smirked and lowered the window. "There you go Minmin~"
Minhee cringed when he pinched her cheek. "Thanks.", she muttered. 
From Jinsuk's view it was a cute and innocent act and Minhee hoped that he was going back to how things were before. 
"And we're here!", Ven stopped the car and took off his belt. Minhee got out as fast as she could and stuck to Jinsuk's side. 
 
Minhee declined drinks left and right, she was so afraid of letting her guard down because she knew that either she would go find Hyunchul or feel the need to tell everything to Jinsuk. Jinsuk didn't drink either, he didn't want to get drunk and have Minhee struggle to get him home. Throughout the night she made sure that Jinsuk was in sight of her and not near Hyunchul. After what he had said earlier she was sure that he was definitely in the state of mind to do something stupid.
 
"Come on guys!", Kimm teased, "Just one beer!" She held out two frosted bottles.
Jinsuk took them both and thanked her, "Just one.", he told Minhee. 
"We shouldn't be so uptight tonight.", he smiled. She relaxed a little and nodded.
"Sorry Jinsuk. I know I haven't been myself lately...", she took a sip of the drink.
He put his arm around her shoulders, "I love you baby, you don't have to apologize."
She lowered her head and shut her eyes, "Yeah...", she mumbled.
 
"Are you sure you're o-"
"JINSUK!", they both yelped when Hyunchul staggered over and fell on them.
Jinsuk chuckled and helped him stand up, "Whoa hyung, don't you think you've had too much?" Hyunchul giggled, "N-no! Pfft, I'm fine~", he assured.
Minhee's eye twitched when he glanced at her, "Maybe you two just haven't had enough!", he smiled, "Come on Jinsuk, do a shot with me! Just like you used to!"
Jinsuk chortled, "Hyung, come on I think you-"
 
"No!", he whined, "You're coming with me!"
He grabbed Jinsuk's arm and tugged him along. Minhee stuttered while he was being taken. Jinsuk looked at her and shrugged his shoulders while laughing. She let out a fake giggle but her face scrunched in worry. The remainder of her drink was dumped down the sink and she began to search for Jinsuk, already planning to use the excuse of not feeling good.  
 
Once they were away from Minhee, Hyunchul became surprisingly sober and pulled his friend aside, saying he had to speak to him. "Hyung, you know you can tell me anything. I'm your other half remember?", Jinsuk chuckled and put a hand on his best friend's shoulder. Hyunchul smiled weakly and sighed, "Look, you're my best friend Jinsuk. You've been there for me this whole time and...you're gonna hate me...", he muttered.
"I could never hate you.", Jinsuk spoke softly, "What's wrong?"
"Just know that...it was all my fault, Minhee didn't want-"
"What does Minhee have to do with this?", he interrupted.
 
"It was when I broke up with Yoomi, and I went to her for help.", he gulped, "You have to believe when I say that she didn't want to, Jinsuk. She only-"
"What did you two do?", Jinsuk removed his hand from his friend's shoulder.
Hyunchul looked at his worried face and bit his lip. "I slept with Minhee."
"I'm sorry Jinsuk." The younger boy shook his head in denial and took a step back, hitting the wall behind him. "You're lying.", he accused.
 
"Jinsuk.", he put his hands on his shoulders. 
"No!", he shoved him away, "You're lying to me, that...Minhee wouldn't-"
They met eyes and the anger and sadness washed over him completely. He knew he wasn't lying. "Why would you do that...", Jinsuk felt his eyes get watery.
"You wrote that song, that song is about her, isn't it?!", Jinsuk covered his face.
Hyunchul stayed silent, "How long have you...felt this way?", he asked.
"I saw her a few days before you introduced her to me...", he spoke softly.
 
"WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!", Jinsuk let go of his beer and the glass shattered. The music turned off and everyone looked in their direction. 
"YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND, WE'RE LIKE BROTHERS, I TRUSTED YOU!" Hyunchul tried to calm him down but all that earned him was a punch to the face. "I LOVE HER HYUNCHUL! WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" He stayed on the ground, covering where Jinsuk had hit him. 
 
"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?!", he grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up. He pushed him against the wall and punched his stomach. "JINSUK!", Minhee gasped and ran up, trying to pry him away. "NO!", he yanked his arm away from her.
"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!?", he yelled at her, "I LOVE YOU MINHEE, YOU WERE...YOU WERE MY EVERYTHING!", his voice cracked and he covered his mouth. 
"J-Jinsuk.", Minhee's eyes watered and she sniffed, "Baby I-"
"Don't call me that.", he spat and kicked Hyunchul who was on the ground, holding his stomach.
 
"STOP IT!", she pulled him away. "JINSUK PLEASE, LET ME EX-"
"THERE'S NOTHING TO EXPLAIN!", he yelled, "I...I can't look at you."
He pushed past her and she turned around to see everyone looking at her. Minhee felt the shame wash over her and she ran after him. "JINSUK!", she made it outside and caught up to him. Jinsuk shook her hand off of him and turned around.
"Choose right now. Me...or him.", he clenched his jaw, and blinked away a few tears.
"Jinsuk, please...can we just talk-"
 
"Just choose Minhee.", he growled, "Do you love him?", he asked, "Huh?"
She cringed, "I...I..."
"ANSWER ME!", he grabbed her arm tightly.
"Jinsuk, you're...you're hurting me!", she cried out and tried to get out of his hold.
"Jinsuk, calm down man.", a few of the boys ran over and pulled them apart.
Minhee wept and felt a bruise already begin where he had held her.
"Answer me.", he breathed harshly, "Answer me, Minhee."
Minhee looked up at him and shrugged, "I don't know.", she sniffed.
 
Jinsuk wiped his eyes and tore his arm away from Samuel before turning to walk away.
"Jinsuk please!", Minhee followed but they held her back.
He stopped with his back still to her. "Jinsuk.", she sobbed, "I'm sorry."
A sigh escaped his lips and he kept walking, not turning to look at her. Minhee cried harder and fell to her knees. She covered her face with her hands and shook her head whenever they tried to get her up.
 
"Minhee.", Hyunchul whispered and groaned when he squatted next to her.
"Leave...leave me alone.", she croaked.
He sighed, "Minhee I-"
"NO HYUNCHUL!", she pushed away and stood up. "YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDN'T!"
He looked away and struggled to get up. Ven grabbed his arm and steadied him.
"He had to know, Minhee you have to understand."
"YOU. PROMISED.", she got in his face. "YOU SWORE YOU WOULDN'T."
 
He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out, she wiped her tears and looked a the four boys that had stayed out there with them.
"I'm really sorry for wrecking the party guys.", she smiled bitterly. "Really sorry."
Minyoung walked towards her and hesitated before handing her her purse.
"Do you want me to tell Kimm to drive you home?", she asked softly.
"No.", she hiccuped, "I'll take the subway, I...I need to be alone. Thank you Minyoung, really.", she brushed the girls hair back, "I'll see you around."
Minhee took one last look at Hyunchul and began making her way to the subway station.