--

My Friend's Girlfriend

 

Minhee was front and center, just as she said she would be. They went on and performed songs, making her forget about her encounter with Hyunchul. She smiled brightly and cheered when Jinsuk came on stage. He took one of the microphones and smiled when he looked out into the crowd. "Thank you all for coming out to see us!" When the yelling died down he squinted his eyes and was able to see Minhee. 
"Now, this next song goes out to a very~ special lady."
 
Minhee now understood why he made such a big deal about her coming out tonight. She blushed and heard a few females in the crowd squeal. 
"She knows who she is and, she means a lot to me." Minhee saw another body enter from the right and gulped. Hyunchul signaled for the DJ to play the song and he and Jinsuk both stood side by side. 
 
 
"You got baby you got that good stuff
Good love put it on me can't get enough
Yep that's my girlfriend yep that's my girlfriend
Yep that's my girlfriend yep that's my girlfriend
All mine all mine shawty with me all the time~"
 
 
Even when Hyunchul began the verses the corners of her lips curved upwards a little. He looked directly at her and she giggled when he rapped the English lyrics in his accent. As angry as she was with herself she couldn't help how her heartbeat sped up with the words he said.
 
 
"Shawty put it on me like a pro
They say she got my head gone
She got my head gone
I can't even lie!" 
 
"Them other broads can fall back
They hate 'cause they wanna be where you at"
 
"Oh I won't give you up girl
You've got that
(Fire love)
People might hate us
But you'll always be my girl."
 
 
Minhee focused her eyes on Jinsuk and her heart sank. He was smiling so brightly and his eyes sparkled when he looked at her. He's the one that you love, Minhee. Jinsuk doesn't deserve what you're thinking. The lights got brighter when the song ended and Ven came out from the left side of the stage as the next song started. 
"How y'all doing to tonight?!", he asked. Everyone shouted in response. He chuckled and adjusted his hat. 
 
"This next song, I think a lot of people can relate too. The only message that it gives is...No matter how you find one another, if you love someone and you know they love you back...just be together man.", he chuckled. 
"It's cheesy I know but, love is one of the most amazing things you can expierence so...I'm not gonna waste any more time..." Jinsuk brought the mic to his lips and the song started.
 
 
"I can’t breathe- no
Him and me, you and me-
I think I’ll go crazy"
 
 
Oh no. Minhee's eyes widened and she remember the song right away. She had first heard it when she and Jinusk barely started dating. The only reason she didn't think anything about it was because Hyunchul has said Ven had written it all and that he wanted Jinsuk and him to be in it as well. So at the time nothing went through her mind when she heard it, until now.
 
 
"How can I do it do it do it
This can’t be- you’re my friend’s girl- this doesn’t make sense
Why can not do it do it do it
This can’t be- we’re in love so there’s no reason we can’t"
 
 
She bit her lip and felt her heart thump against her ribcage. There is a reason though...
Her eyes left Hyunchul, who was standing right in front of her and landed on Jinsuk. Hyunchul's voice cracked on the last few words when he realized she wasn't looking at him. Minhee looked down and sniffed, she just hated how confused she was.
 
After the final song all of them came out onto the stage and thanked everyone for coming and supporting. They told them to get home saftely and that's where they exited the stage. Minhee quickly went backstage and searched for Jinsuk, hoping to get out of there as fast as she could. She found him gathering his things and talking to Samuel, one of the younger members. 
 
"Minhee!", he beamed.
"You guys were amazing!", she hugged them both.
"Thanks noona! Hey are you two going to the after party?", Samuel asked.
She hesitated and looked at Jinsuk. "Oh please baby!", he held her hands.
"I don't know...", she bit her lip, "You could-"
"But, you haven't been around lately.", he pouted.
"Wow.", Samuel chuckled, "I never knew how whipped you had him."
 
Jinsuk scoffed and shooed him away. "Minhee what's wrong? You don't want to be around me anymore. Did I do or say something?"
She tilted her head, "Of course not Jinsuk. You...You didn't do anything."
Not far behind him Hyunchul caught her eye and she looked down. 
"You know what, I'll go.", she smiled.
He grinned and hugged her tightly, "Thank you~"
Minhee leaned in and kissed him, opening her eyes just slightly to see Hyunchul's reaction.
 
He clenched his jaw and looked away. Minhee saw pain flash in his eyes and she took a step back from Jinsuk. "Are you okay?", he asked lifted her chin up. Minhee took another glance at Hyunchul and exhaled. "Y-yeah, I'm fine.", she faked a smile.
"Okay, well we should get going then! Hyung!", he turned and looked at Hyunchul.
"Carpool with us?", he batted his lashes. 
He chuckled, "Yeah, yeah I got you."