Chap. 7~

Still With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junsu pressed his ear against the door and listened very carefully. Behind the door he could hear the slight ruffling of the bed sheets and the faint sound of the mattress squeaking under Chansung’s weight. “Give it a few minutes and hopefully he’ll be asleep.” He muttered to himself pressing his ear against the door even harder.

After making the bed more comfortable by throwing half of the pillows to Junsu’s side of the bed, he climbed in welcoming the warmth and comfort of the soft bed, but before he could even comfortably tuck himself in, Chansung jumped back out of bed, “I’m thirsty…” he went to the door, unaware of what was on the other side. As he pulled the door open, Junsu who was still leaning on the door fell straight onto Chansung’s bare chest.

They both blushed deeply, “I… Uhm… S-sorry!” Junsu stuttered as he slowly pushed himself carefully off the other before quickly retreating to the room. Everything seemed to happen so fast that Chansung was a tad bit confused with Junsu’s behavior before he realized that he was still shirtless. “Note to self, don’t forget to wear a shirt at night.”

The rest of the night both Chansung and Junsu kept their distance not sure of what to say to one another.

About a week had passed since that night, neither of them had the guts to bring it up to even talk about it, but it was far from forgotten.

Junsu woke up with the sun like he normally would and got ready for the day. Looking over his shoulder his eyes landed on the other side of the bed where Chansung sleeps. “I guess I’ll let him sleep in for a few more minutes.” He thought to himself as he left the room to start his morning chores.

As soon as 6 o’clock rolled in Junsu re-entered him room to wake the other. “Time to wake up!” he called out grabbing the edge of the sheets. Before he decided to quickly pull them off like he normally would, that night’s incident came racing back. “He might still be again… maybe I should just shake him…” he flushed a bit recalling the brief image of Chansung’s exposed self, though it was a week ago, it was still fresh in his mind.

“Hey, time to get up.” Junsu shook the bundle under the blanket, but there was no response.

“Hey, wake up now…” still no answer.

Growing impatient Junsu decided that he’ll just do what he normally would do. Shutting his eyes as hard as he could, Junsu gripped the sheets and pulled. “Wake up!” He waited for the other’s protest but none came. He slightly opened an eye and noticed that the bed was actually empty. The bundle under the sheets was just a pile of pillows.

“He left early with Nichkhun.” Victoria called out startling Junsu.

“Really? That’s a first. He usually sleeps in. Where did they go so early in the day?” Junsu asked out of curiosity.

“Another summer shower is supposed to roll in later today, so they left to take care of some of the work before it hit.” She explained as they went down to the kitchen. “Junsu is everything ok between the two of you? This pass week you guys seemed to be acting a bit… awkward.”

Junsu was taken aback but Victoria’s sudden question. “What do you mean? I-I don’t think that we were acting weird.” He tried his best to keep a straight face and not blush.

“I know you’re lying to me… I can read you like a book Junsu.” She confronted with a sweet smile. “See, I knew it. I can see the nervousness in your eyes.” She continued to tease.

“I-it’s nothing! I swear!” he outburst suddenly, only making Victoria laugh. “Something did happen. Well, if you won’t tell me I’ll have to ask him myself.”

“No! It’s nothing serious, really! Chansung and I just sort of… well…” Junsu tried to explain as she listened. “Well… What happened was…” but just as he started to explain, the front door was kicked open, startling Junsu and Victoria.

“Call the doctor!” Chansung yelled as the two appeared from the kitchen.

“What happened?” she questioned frantically kneeling beside Nichkhun.

“We were blocking off the sides of the river just in case it rains more than needed. And Nichkhun went to tie off one of the logs, when he slipped on something.” Chansung started to explain.

“The ground was really soft and I slipped, then the log I was trying to tie off came rolling with me.” Nichkhun clarified, trying to ease Victoria’s worry. “Over all I’m fine, but I do think my leg could be broken. Possibly more than that.”

“The doctor is on his way.” Junsu called out as he entered the living area. “Nichkhun, what happened?” he asked full of concern, but all Nichkhun could offer was a reassuring smile. “Not too much to worry about, yet.”

With all the commotion going on, the lil kids poked their heads out to investigate.

“I think something is wrong with daddy.” Junho stated informing all the others.

“Should we go out there?” Sulli asked.

“No. The doctor is coming.” Wooyoung pointed out as the doctor ran into the house.

“Please give me a little more room; I’ll inform you once the exam is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter