Chapter 4

One Rainy Day

Ok, sorry but I kinda lied.. Actually there will be some more fluff, yay! I hope...

There is a little guest apearance in it (who have already read Amnesia, can you guess?) and the idea for the ending came from my friend as we talked about perfect dates~

I hope you'll enjoy!

 

 

 

It was a sunny summer day, but Kibummie across the table was quieter and more distant than ever. He lifted little bites of cake to his mouth, slowly, and chewed, slowly, and then adverted his eyes at me again, slowly. It had gone like that for couple of minutes and as I thought of asking him what was wrong, he opened his mouth.

“When I was little, I had a friend named Taemin.” He had never told me about things like that before. To be honest, even though I now had a pretty good overview of his current family life, I still knew next to nothing about his past. It was just something he never spoke about.

“He... he was the most adorable thing ever. You should have met him. I know you would have liked him. He was really an angel, a best friend to ever ask for.” I smiled and nodded for him to continue, not daring to open my mouth. It was just so rare for him to talk about things like this. And I definitely couldn't mess it up now.

“He was really sweet. He was exactly as sweet as mush he liked the sweets. And he was absolutely crazy about them. His favorite was cake. Just... pretty much every cake. He absolutely loved it. Whenever he felt down we went to a café and had cake. He would take two or three, one time even four slices, how much he thought was necessary to feel happy again. We were so little then, so young. It seems so silly now.” He chuckled but there was no joy in his voice.

I looked at the cakes on our plates and now I could see the connection. I couldn't help but wonder why would thinking about an adorable person make you sad. But I got my answer soon enough.

“He was so important to me. At times he was my only friend, very long the only one I could throughly trust. But he died. He... It was an accident. A car crash. It happened momentarily and was all over before he knew it. Doctors said that probably he didn't even feel pain. I hope he didn't. And his parents died with him, they were all together when it happened. At least he wasn't... alone.”

I reached over the table and took his hand into mine, squeezing it 
lightly. With my other hand I reached and wiped away the tears that were beginning to roll down his cheeks.


“He is in a better place now. Don't worry. I bet that he has no worries any more. I bet he can eat as much cake as he wants,” that elicited a chuckle from his lips. “You must believe that he is happy,” I said with soft voice, caressing his cheek.

“I hope he is. He was a wonderful person. He deserves to be happy forever.”

***
I smiled, pulling blindfolded Kibummie to follow me. The pout on his lips was so adorable that I felt my smile widen even more.

I sat him down on a comfortable couch and told him I would be back in a minute. I hurried to the reception table, checking us in and getting our keys.

I pulled Kibummie to his feet and headed to the elevator, consistently ignoring his questions, kissing him every now and then. Judging by the smile on his lips after I pulled away, that way of silencing him wasn't too bad after all.

I opened the door to our suite and had to contain my very manly squeal when seeing the luxurious room. I finally lifted the cloth from his eyes and he opened them slowly, a gasp sounding from his lips when he saw our surroundings.

“Whe-where are we?” He looked at me, eyes wide in disbelief, his expression making me chuckle.

“Happy anniversary, honey.” I pulled him into an embrace, pressing a soft kiss on his lips, before pulling away and walking to the table, grabbing the cards that were neatly placed on it.

“An hour of massage for two, spa tickets with saunas for two. How does it sound?” I smiled at him, handing the cards to him.

“You are absolutely crazy!” He shouted, but his lips were pulled into a heartfelt smile. He came closer, wrapping his arms around my neck and leaning in, touching his lips to mine. I answered immediately, pulling him even closer.

***
“Open up,” I whispered into his ear. He parted his soft lips and I placed the chocolate covered strawberry between them, watching as he bit down, humming in approval.

We were laying on the huge bed, my arm around him, content in each others' embrace. I pulled my free hand's fingers through his hair, enjoying the way he leaned into my touch.

“I don't even want to know what it all cost you. You really didn't have to do all of that. You know I'm so happy to just be with you, wherever, whenever.” He turned his head to watch me in the eye. He leaned closer and our lips met, the strawberry long forgotten between my fingers.

“But you deserve every second of it, Kibummie. I love you.” I watched the corners of his mouth turn upwards into a little smile. It filled me with this unimaginable gratification, seeing that I made him happy.

“It's exactly a year of the day I first saw you. And I want you to know that I wouldn't chance my life for anything. You are all my life, Kibummie.” His eyes were watery when I put the strawberry back onto the plate and wrapped both my arms around him, pulling him into a tight embrace.

I felt his chest moving up and down against mine, his breathing deep. And suddenly I realized we were breathing as one. Our breath mingled, our bodies moved in sync. We were one.

 

 

 

 

It was pretty short, I'm sorry.. But did you like it, did you hate it? Can i improve anything? Let me know :)