Chapter OO6

Beautiful Mess

 

 

 

 

OO6:JUICE AND BEER



 

Dara stepped out of the bus walking her way to Kim’s General Hospital. She smiled staring at the sky where the sun was slowly taking over it as beautiful colors danced on it. She took a deep breath staring at her wrist watch which say exactly six in the morning. With a weak smile she walked her way inside the hospital with the nurses and even doctors who had known her well for the past two years greeted her with sweet smile as she walked her way to Sanghyun’s room which was located at the hospital’s highest floor, where he was resting in one of the presidential suit all thanks to Jiyong.

 

Dara grabbed the cold metal knob of the door pushing it open as she was welcome by the dark cold room of his brother with the cold air of the room brushing to her face. She smiled looking at his sleeping figure with the noise of the machine that was keeping him alive blended in the air together with the sound of ECG, the only thing that her he’s still there, he’s still alive. And there will be this day in which he will open his eyes again and they will live together again.

 

She pressed the light’s switched on walking her way to his bed checking him. She heard a small meow on the side of the bed as she saw her cat, Liloree, resting on her basket. She smiled grabbing him and started caressing his back. ‘Aigoo have you took great care of your appa huh Liloree?’ she asked the cat giggling as it only yawned at her. She smiled placing it back to its basket as it stretched and rolled over before getting back to sleep.

 

Liloree was a cat given to her by Jiyong just recently. He told her that Sanghyun had always been fond of cats and that’s one of many things the impressed her regarding Jiyong. He knew Sanghyun so well like he was also his brother. She sat on the edge of his bed gently holding her hand caressing it lovingly as she gently brushed his long bangs that was covering his beautiful face. ‘Look at you, your hair’s long when will you wake up to get a haircut or talk to your pretty noona?’ she asked with a weak smile as she caressed his hand. She pressed her lips on a thin line her gaze drifting to the fresh flowers on the vase on one of the wooden table in the room.

 

She smiled knowing it all came from Jiyong for he never fails on sending flowers every other day for Sanghyun. She smiled maybe she should really give him some chance but then the smile ended in a sigh, knowing the complication of their relationship, the consequences and the people that would be hurt, his wife that was already suffering and his two lovely children. Those kids didn’t do anything to deserve this kind of situation to face in such young age. She looked back to Sanghyun bringing his hand close to her lips kissing it gently. ‘When will you wake up, save me from this Sanghyun,’ she whispered gently in a voice said by weakness and agony.

 

She gently placed back his hand on the bed as she stood up. She walked closer to him, leaning down kissing his forehead. ‘I love you,’ she whispered gently. ‘I’ll be back soon okay?’ she smiled as she bent down and grabbed Liloree’s basket with her before she left the room to face another day ahead of her.

 

The ride to her apartment from the hospital usually takes almost an hour. She walked smiling holding with her the basket of Liloree and feeling her burning black card in her wallet inside her pocket. She turned to an alley after buying some freshly baked bread. And right behind those beautiful tall buildings of comfort hide the cruel reality that most people has to face. She was welcomed by the environment she had grown within the past years of her life. She was welcomed by noisy place, poor conditioned houses, children walking their way to school and all things that can be categorized with poverty. But then she had always loved that place, she felt comfort from it, she felt peaceful, she always feel attached to it for some reason and she rather choose it over the life that Jiyong can offer her. She knew she was just living by her means, living by the things she can afford through her hard work. And she had always believed that, that was something she could be proud of.

 

‘Good morning Dara!’ she was greeted merrily by her neighbor as she waved at them with a smile on her lips greeting them good morning. ‘Oh! Liloree’s with you, good morning too Liloree,’ some will say as they would even stop just to caress the cat’s head which delighted her greatly. ‘Dara when will you answer my love for you?’ some of the lads will shout to her as she would always answer them saying jokingly that when the moon became square she will answer their love making the other lad draw a huge square moon on a bond paper showing it proudly to her making everyone laugh. It had always been a routine every single day.

 

 ‘Dara I know I still owe you some money but please can you lend me some again, I just need it for my daughter,’ Mrs. Im said to her pleading in her voice. Dara smiled at her fetching her wallet and lending her the amount she was asking. ‘Have a good day Mrs. Im,’ she smiled at her caressing her back as the old lady kept on bowing down to her in deep gratitude. It had always been like that she had always been her neighbor’s lending machine. They kept on running to her when they were in need of something and she was more than willing help her though some never bother paying her up but she was okay with it thinking that they needed it more than her.

 

Though it has always been like that it was sad that she never had any friends that no one bothers to get to know her or go beyond of what they know about her. But then maybe it was her fault as well for being afraid of telling everyone about her, for being afraid of letting anyone in her heart, afraid that in the end they will hurt her and so she opted to stay inside her shell where she could be away from the pain that they could inflict her.

 

After a not so long walk she finally reached her apartment. She opened the rusted gate of the apartment pushing it with its squeaking and creaking sound. She then closed it gently as she saw some of the renters were out enjoying the morning and doing their own business, some were sweeping, other’s were doing the laundry as they all greeted her with her greeting them back. She walked to the first unit of the apartment knocking to the door and waited for minute before someone opened it.

 

‘Unnie,’ the young girl who opened the door said in surprise as Dara smiled at her. ‘Hey why are you still here, don’t you have school? Where’s your oppa?’ she asked her bending down leveling her gaze with her. ‘Well, we don’t have money for today grandma wasn’t able to sell much yesterday,’ the girl answered her. ‘Really?’ she asked in worry. ‘Can I come in?’ she added as the young girl open the door wider letting her in with her removing her shoes. There she saw their grandmother lying ill on the sofa with Sungjae taking care of her. She smiled walking her way to Sungjae.

 

‘How is grandma?’ she asked placing her hand over Sungjae’s small shoulder with Eunji walking near them. ‘She’s was really sick. Will she die noona?’ the young boy asked her. She smiled bending leveling her height with him. She shook her head. ‘No she will not, it’s just a fever and do you really think your grandma can leave you, she will never do that for she knew you both still need her,’ she explained gently wrapping her arm over Sungjae and Eunji as the two child nodded their heads. ‘I brought you some bread,’ she said as Eunji smiled brightly at her timely to the growl of her stomach.

 

She threw a warm hug to Dara which she welcomed. ‘Unnie thank you for always being there,’ the young lady cried to her as Dara let out a chuckle. ‘Of course you were all like siblings to me,’ she said hugging her back while ruffling Sungjae’s hair while the young boy was now sobbing. ‘Aigoo don’t cry you should be brave for your sister and grandma,’ she turned to Sungjae after pulling away from Eunji’s hug. She pat the young boy’s head fetching out her wallet. ‘Here, use this to buy your grandma some medicine and to buy you two your lunch and dinner and other stuffs for the whole day,’ she said handing the money to him making him hold it firmly as the young boy listen to her carefully.

 

‘Make sure your grandma will eat before drinking the medicine, you’re a great cook Sungjae right?’ she smiled at him as the 12 year old boy blushed deeply while nodding eagerly to her words. She ruffled his hair. ‘I know,’ she chuckled. ‘I will be back maybe by night to check you two, by then I want you to be a man for a day and take care of Eunji and your grandma. Can I trust you Sungjae?’ she asked at him in a serious tone as Sungjae wiped his tears away nodding firmly. ‘I am always a man, I always take care of them,’ Sungjae said proudly making Dara smile. She then pulled the child for a quick tight hug. ‘I know,’ she smiled pinching his cheeks. ‘I’ll be going to my unit now okay? Take care you two,’ she said pulling the two child on a quick embrace.

 

She stood up and was about to walk out of the apartment when Sonbin, Eunji and Sungjae’s grandmother held her wrist stopping her, making her look at her. ‘Dara…’ the old lady called her name as Dara crouched on the side of her sofa looking at her holding her hand. ‘Thank you for all your help and for never forgetting us,’ she said weakly between her loud coughs. Dara smiled running her fingers on her gray hair. ‘Aigoo of course I’ll always be here for you,’ she smiled sincerely kissing the old lady’s forehead. ‘Take care of yourself grandma, I know it’s hard but Eunji and Sungjae still needs you,’ she said as the old lady forced a smile and managed a nod.

 

Dara quickly went out of the unit after bidding goodbye to the children. She then walked her way to the rusted metal staircase leading to the other unit on the second floor, where her unit was in the end of the open corridor. She walked her way there staring at her phone reading Jiyong’s sent messages. She lifted her gaze and was about to open the door when she saw someone sitting on her doorway sleeping with his bags settled beside him and one look you’ll know he ran away. ‘Seungri,’ she called him as the lad stirred from his sleep quickly pushing himself to stand up. ‘Noona,’ he called her as she bowed down to her greeting her good morning. ‘Aigoo how long have you been here?’ Dara worriedly asked him.

 

Seungri fixed his huge black rimmed glasses in place, rubbing his palm over his nape. ‘Since last night,’ he mumbled shyly. ‘Aigoo why didn’t you call me then?’ she asked pushing the key on the knob twisting it open. She pushed the door open getting inside after switching the light on with Seungri pulling his bags with him entering her house. ‘I don’t know your number noona, besides my dad wreck my phone,’ he answered pressing his lips on a thin line. Dara looked at him ruffling his hair before pulling him into a tight hug. Seungri or Lee Seunghyun was Sanghyun’s best friend before he joined drag racing. The two of the usually hang out together and work on part time jobs while studying until Sanghyun joined some new company who introduced him to drag racing. Seungri was a good child, the only boy among the seven siblings and the youngest as well. His mother died after giving birth to him resulting an irresponsible, drunkard father who had married and divorced for so many times that he could no longer count.

 

‘Noona, I know we haven’t seen each other much but please can I stay with you I don’t know where else I could go,’ he shyly said his head looking on the floor his fingers fiddling with each other. Dara smiled ruffling his hair with light chuckles. ‘Of course Seungri, I have always considered you as Sanghyun’s twin, you’re a brother, a cute brother to me,’ she chuckled lightly pulling him into an embraced. Seungri quickly bowed down in deep gratitude to her as Dara just laugh pulling him with her as they enter the small apartment with the kitchen, living room, dining area were all squeezed to one. There’s also small bathroom and two small bedrooms. ‘You can stay at Sanghyun’s place,’ Dara smiled weakly at him.

 

‘I always visit him when I have time,’ Seungri smiled at her wanting to lessen the getting heavy atmosphere. ‘Really?’ she asked feeling happy with what she heard. The latter nodded with his lips on a smile. ‘Of course, he’s my best friend,’ Seungri grinned at her. ‘Thank you for not forgetting him,’ Dara smiled caressing the lad’s cheek as he just smiled brightly. ‘I’m glad you will be here I rarely go home. I need someone to look after the house,’ she chuckled jokingly with Seungri laughing with her. ‘Yeah, you must be tired from working all night,’ he said between his laughs.

 

Dara stiffened as her lips pressed on a thin line with her laughs dying that instance by his words. She looked at him and smiled weakly before messing his hair. ‘Yeah, I was working all night,’ she forced the voice out of her lips in great pain that she felt her chest constricted. ‘Let’s prepare breakfast,’ she said changing the topic not really wanting to gloom the atmosphere with Seungri nodding enthusiastically to her.

 

After preparing the breakfast they both sat on the floor with the table in between them. Dara grabbed the remote of their television switching it on as the morning news welcomed them. They were eating with usual conversations trying to catch up with the time they lost when Sanghyun was caught in that dreaded accident. ‘Uhmm noona,’ Seungri called gently placing down his bowl on the table together with the chopsticks. Dara looked at him. ‘Hmmm,’ she answered staring at him as he was looking down fumbling his fingers and scratching his head. Dara’s lips curved into a bright smile. ‘Seungri, please get over with your shyness, ask me anything and I’ll give it as long as I can okay…. You’re my brother remember?’ she asked placing down her bowl on the table.

 

Seungri bit his lips lifting his gaze to her. ‘I need some money for my enrolment to collage. I know leaving here is already a huge favor, but noona can you lend me some money? My father saw the money I have been saving for my collage and well he got it and spent it,’ he said weakly pushing his glasses as his tears was swelling in the corner of his eyes. He let go of a deep sigh hoping his tears won’t fall as he quickly stood up scampering with his things. Upon seeing what he was looking for her hurried his way next to Dara showing her his class card which has A+ grade from his first subject to his last.

 

‘I don’t know when will I be able to pay for all the things I will and might barrow from you but I promised you that I will study really hard,’ Seungri said in great determination while looking straight into her eyes. Dara smiled pulling him into a tight embraced. ‘I’m so proud of you! Your grades are to be proud of!’ she said as Seungri smiled hugging her back. Dara pulled from the hug standing up and fetching her wallet. She looked at it and saw that her money was just enough to get her to the orphanage where the charity event will be held. She bit her lips as her eyes drifted on the cards in her long red leather wallet. She let go a sigh grabbing one ATM card that Jiyong gave her.

 

She sat in front of Seungri handing him the card. ‘Here use this and withdraw money from it,’ she said giving him the pin number of the card. ‘Noona… this card…’ the latter trailed off as Dara looked at him. ‘Why?’ she asked making Seungri shake his head with a smile. ‘Nothing,’ he breathed out deciding to drop the topic before it even started. ‘Thank you for this. I promise I will pay as soon as I got a part time job,’ he said assuring her. Dara held his hand and shook her head gently. ‘Focus on your studies, as long as I can support you I will. Just promise me you’ll finish it and you will have high grades, that’s enough for me Lee Seunghyun,’ Dara said with a sincere smile making Seungri nod as tears trailed on his cheeks while saying his endless thanks to her making her laugh.

 

Dara just finished preparing herself when she went to the living room where Seungri was cleaning up things with the television on. She sat down looking at the television allowing herself for some rest before she head out and start her day. ‘Kwon Jiyong, CEO of the Kwon Group C0mpanies, together with his five year wife Japanese model, Kiko Mizuhara built a huge foundation in the benefit of more than ten orphanages and more than five animal center in the whole country,’ the news anchor said just repeating the news the broke last night showing again the video footage of the couple together with their two lovely kids. Dara smiled weakly at the news.

 

‘Wow, Kwon Jiyong’s really the man,’ Seungri said handing a juice to Dara with Dara looking at him. ‘You know him?’ she asked grabbing the glass of juice he was giving. Seungri nodded pressing his lips on a thin line before breaking into a smile. ‘Who wouldn’t I mean he was chosen by a magazine as the man of the year, earning millions on such young age, having a perfect marriage and family? I mean everyone envies his family. He’s a perfect husband and has a perfect relationship to his wife. He was also a loving father. He’s perfect, every man in the society should be like him,’ Seungri said with a proud smile on his lips as he stared at the television.

 

Dara felt herself weaken on what she heard as her lips pressed on a thin line. Her heart was hammering painfully against her chest with her eyes drifting on the television where they kept on playing the video footage of him and his family. Him who was looked up to even by Seungri, him who was chosen as the man of the year for being a prominent business man and for being the perfect husband and father and him whom she had destroyed. She can feel the stinging in the corner of her eyes as guilt maliciously all over her burning her with the regret and the stinging pain of the sin she was committing. How can she corrupt him? How can she bring herself to destroy such family that everyone looked up to, everyone envied? But then she never wanted it, never did she intended it.

 

She was trapped, she got no choice.

 

‘Ahhh, I really want to be like this man,’ Seungri smiled finishing his juice with Dara looking at him. She then nodded and silently pushed her drink on forcing herself to finish it. ‘You really idolize him don’t you?’ she asked her voice stuttering, slowly faltering. Seungri looked at her nodding with a smile on his lips. ‘Yes, he’s a role model for me, an inspiration,’ he chuckled as Dara forced herself to smile standing up and ruffling his hair. ‘I need to go,’ she said placing the empty glass on the sink then wiping her hands on the towel hanged on the refrigerator’s handle. She then paced to get her yellow back pack and her guitar that she placed on its black hard case. She fetched for her brown fedora hat that has black lace around it.

 

‘Please take care of Liloree and the house okay?’ she smiled at him. Seungri smiled nodding at her request. ‘Noona, thank you again,’ he said pulling her for last hug making Dara chuckle. ‘Aigoo, no need to thank me,’ she answered pinching his cheek. ‘You’re really the kindest and best person ever!’ Seungri proudly huffed making her chuckle but killed her inside.

 

I’m not Seungri, I’m not.

 

---

 

Seunghyun pushed his phone inside his pocket. He was in the middle of his class when he received a call demanding him to get to the school parking lot without any excuse. He shook his head in disbelief that he really went and ditched his class just to see him. But then they haven’t seen each other for ages and he was his best friend, his childhood friend and his business partner. He’s unfortunately one of the persons he couldn’t refuse to. Damn that brat, he hissed inside his head shoving both hands inside the front pocket of his black pullover jacket.

 

He reached the school ground and in seconds he made it to the huge parking lot of their university where he saw him on his usual coat holding plastic that contains cans of beers early in the morning while leaning on his black Lamborghini. He’s still like before, he still like showing off. Arrogant jerk. He let out a chuckle of disbelief. He walked towards him with him lifting his gaze looking at him with his child like grin. He never changed. It was as if he didn’t grow and they haven’t seen each other for two years. Well he saw him on the news every now and then and he remembered conducting a photo shoot for cosmopolitan magazine with him and his family as the model but that was more than a year ago.

 

‘Wassup dude?’ Jiyong asked lifting his hand which Seunghyun met with a loud high five that ended into a hand shake. ‘Still alive,’ Seunghyun smirked at him making Jiyong laughed. ‘What are you doing here?’ Seunghyun asked changing the topic. ‘What? Am I not allowed to see my best friend anymore?’ Jiyong asked laughing as he head locked him. ‘Yes you’re not allowed,’ Seunghyun said tapping his chest making him let go of him.

 

Jiyong just chuckled looking at him. ‘I just miss you bro,’ he said as Seunghyun grimaced. ‘You sound gay,’ he chuckled and he was one of those who can really break his ice wall and make him smile and chuckle. ‘Whatever,’ Jiyong waved off removing the cans of beer on the plastic handing one to him and getting himself his own can while placing the rest on the roof of his million worth car. ‘Wow, early in the morning huh?’ Seunghyun said opening his beer as Jiyong opened his while chuckling. ‘Who told you, you can only drink at night?’ he chuckled tapping his chest as Seunghyun rolled his eyes.

 

‘So what brought you here?’ Seunghyun asked once more taking a sip on his can. ‘Nothing in particular I just missed hanging out with you,’ Jiyong answered taking a sip at his can of beer looking at the huge foot ball field in front of them. Seunghyun pressed his lips on a thin line before letting out a heavy sigh. ‘Too bad Sanghyun died early we could have been together now, I miss our maknae,’ he said finishing his can of beer in one go making Jiyong look at him. ‘I miss him too,’ he smiled, drinking.

 

‘So what’s new to you? Aside from you’re getting into charity? Congrats on the foundation by the way,’ Seunghyun said looking at him crumpling the can throwing it in front of him. ‘Thanks,’ he smiled smugly remembering her. ‘You seemed to have this different aura though? Just got laid?’ Seunghyun joked nudging him while grabbing a new can of beer. ‘Yes,’ he said wiggling his brows as they broke into laughter. ‘So Kiko still has it,’ Seunghyun said opening his can of beer. Jiyong was silent for a moment looking at him. His lips broke into a giddy smile shaking his head. ‘It’s not Kiko, TOP,’ he said chuckling finishing his can of beer and crumpling it before throwing.

 

Seunghyun looked at him for a moment gauging if he was for real or if he was joking. ‘What do you mean? You’re cheating?’ he asked in a serious tone. Jiyong smirked at him. ‘I wouldn’t call it that, let’s just say I’m in love,’ he answered grabbing a new can. ‘Dude, last time I check you were in love with Kiko, hell in love that your marriage was shotgun marriage,’ he said in disbelief making Jiyong roll his eyes. Jiyong was silent for a moment looking at his can of beer, his hands tracing the cold can of it. He inhaled deeply before looking at him. ‘Have you felt the feeling of you thought you were so in love like the world could just screw yet it was not close to what love really is… it was unfortunately a mere infatuation and desire brought by hormones?’ he asked chuckling in the end wanting to lessen the seriousness of the question he was asking his best friend.

 

‘Dude what I felt for Kiko before was not inch close on what I am feeling for her,’ Jiyong breathed out opening his can. Seunghyun looked at him and in just that completely understanding him perhaps because they had always been together, that he could read him so easily and maybe because he was experiencing what he was going through right that instance. Just thinking that he will see her later on the charity concert he felt as if his world was spinning upside down and his heart was about to burst from feeling so much. He nodded. ‘Dude, that’s I don’t know… you do know your image to the public right?’ he asked his eyes on the field in front of them.

 

‘Of course,’ Jiyong breathed out with obvious exhaustion perhaps exhausted that he was being rubbed in his face of his so called image ever ing time. ‘I just love her, I love her so much that I could turn my back from everything if she ask me too,’ he breathed out drinking from his can. ‘I can just do anything for her, I could kill if I have too, she’s every little thing to me,’ he breathed out in helplessness words hugged by so much sincerity that it made Seunghyun shivered.

 

They were consumed by silence for a moment before Seunghyun let out a chuckle tapping his back and then draping his arm over his shoulder pulling him closer to him. ‘If that’s what you want do it, screw everyone,’ he chuckled. ‘I’m just glad that you didn’t marry Sohee or else I am probably kicking your right now,’ he chuckled making Jiyong looked at him chuckling in disbelief. ‘Your sister didn’t do enough seduction,’ Jiyong smirked making him pushed him away playfully. ‘ you,’ Seunghyun chuckled to him as Jiyong laughed. ‘You should introduce me to this girl one time,’ he said taking a sip from his can. Jiyong nodded. ‘Sure, maybe if the opportunity allows,’ he chuckled. ‘You’ll like her, she’s a lovely girl,’ he said proudly with a smug smile on his lips.

 

‘Let’s see then,’ Seunghyun said finishing his can of beer.  

    


okay mian i thought there will be a tabisan fluff, but dara's life ate the whole chapter sorry aigoo.... and oh no i mean oh yes top and ji are bestfriends but why does TOP thought sanghyun's dead? hmmm fishy...