Chapter OO2

Beautiful Mess

 

OO2:CRAZY


 

 

Dara then tapped her guitar three times counting with it as she started strumming its string making it sing from every move of her fingers and every twang of her hand. Every eye was on her as they were listening to her as she played the guitar with a smile on her face. She then started singing and her voice quickly filled the whole ward.

 

Heart beats fast colors and promises

How to be brave

How can I love when I’m afraid to fall?

Watching you stand alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

 

One step closer

 

 

Seunghyun felt his eyes widened as he stared at her barely blinking. Her voice, it was beautiful. Her voice was angelic, soft and soothing. He felt his heart hammered against his chest for some unknown reason, his blood rushing to his veins in double pace. His lungs it was as if it was begging for some air. His whole body was on a rampage as he kept his eyes on her as she continued singing.

 

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don’t be afraid

I have loved you

For a thousand years

I loved you for a thousand more

 

He blinked as he inhaled deeply. He roamed his eyes. He saw the children listening to her, some were singing with her others were moving their head left to right. They might be doing different things but there were something common in all of those, they were enjoying listening to her. They loved what they were hearing from her. He then drifted her eyes back on her as she was still playing the guitar, eyes closed and lips moving singing with all of her heart.

 

Time stand still

Beauty and all she is

I will be brave

I will not let anyone take away

What’s standing in front of me

Every breathe, every hour

Has come to an end

 

One step closer

 

He then felt his lips pressed on a thin line as he hung his head low staring on the floor. He closed his eyes as he let everything drown in her voice, in her guitar’s melody. It was as if everything faded to black. He then lifted his gaze and looked at her as he let his arms fell on his side and with that he moved away from the wall and turned walking out of the ward. Somehow he doesn’t know but he felt like he doesn’t want to hear her finish her song.

 

Maybe because he hated how his body reacts to her singing.

Maybe he hated how she was making him fell for no apparent reason.

And maybe he hated how she can make him think, worst feel of unnecessary things when he just saw her twice.

 

But there’s a big part in him that wanted her song to continue playing inside him. Just like that.

 


 

‘Where have you been?’ Youngbae asked as he saw Seunghyun stepping out of the hospital with hands over his pocket his camera dangling on his neck. Seunghyun didn’t answer as he just walked pass him climbing to their bus. Youngbae grimaced before following him. He sat next to him as Seunghyun rested his elbow on the window frame with his chin leaning on the back of his hand. He was looking outside in deep thoughts. Youngbae stared at him in both curiosity and confusion.

 

‘Did you get any pictures or idea perhaps?’ Youngbae asked him as Seunghyun turned his head to him. He shook his head as he leaned on his seat. ‘You?’ he asked as Youngbae grinned. ‘Tons,’ he answered with a proud smirk on his lips earning nothing but silent nod from Seunghyun. He heaved a sigh as he closed his eyes wanting slumber to take him away to stop thinking even for a while about a complete stranger. A beautiful stranger.

 

He snapped his eyes open as he bit his lips. He can still hear her voice inside his head. It was loud and clear. It was echoing and it was mocking him. He can see her face inside his head. It was so clear like he was standing in front of her just staring at her, watching as she was playing her guitar and singing. He felt his breathing was slowly getting heavy. He gritted his teeth. His body’s going through some drama without his permission. He hated it.

 

He hated everything that happens which was not included in his plan. He hated unnecessary things and he hated adjusting.

 

He then drifted his eyes on the view outside as their classmates were all now climbing the bus. He doesn’t know how many hours has he been sitting inside the bus. He had spent his entire day sitting there, staring at the unchanging view, trying to sleep but always fail. Youngbae had left him a while ago in order to roam around the hospital. He tried eating lunch even though he was just pushing almost everything inside his throat.

 

Is that really possible? Is being shook by some stranger like this really possible?

 

Is this even normal?

 

He doesn’t know anymore. He was raking his head for some reason for everything that was happening to him. He was trying to find something that will make sense to feel things like this to a mere stranger. He even thought that maybe he fell in love with her but then he quickly brushed the idea away. He doesn’t even have any idea on how that so called love works.

 

What is love anyways?

All he knew was the woman will get their nightie in a knot and the man will untangle it and that’s all. That was how every relationship works. That’s what love is, isn’t it?

 

Besides how could he fall in love to someone you just saw twice? He will definitely not buy crap that he was smitten by her voice and her beauty. True, she was beautiful and her voice it was spellbinding but that’s all. That’s it, no more, no less.

 

He rubbed his temples as he leaned more on his seat. He just needed rest, perhaps he was just stressed from the things he has been up to these past days. That’s all. She doesn’t have anything to do about it, not a single .

 


 

He was walking his way in the white corridor, hands shoved inside his pocket. He turned and entered the cancer ward of Kim Children Hospital. He has been visiting that place for almost a week now just to see her but then like all the past days she wasn’t there. He raked his hair in silent frustration. He hated how he just kept on coming there in hope to see her, he hated how he always hope that he will see her even just a small glimpse. He tightly shut his eyes before letting out a defeated sigh.

 

In all honesty he doesn’t even know why he bother going there and spending half of his day and sometimes even his whole day waiting for her when he has works to do. Maybe I have lost my mind already.

 

He honestly wanted to know why does he even gives a about it. So what if she was not there? So what if he hasn’t seen her in week? Isn’t that what he wanted to never see her again? Isn’t that what he hoped for? He never wanted to see her again and started feeling things he wasn’t supposed to, thinking things that were damn senseless. He never wanted to associate himself with her.

 

But then things were just ing cruel. The more he wanted to avoid her, the more he wanted to never see her was the more he was aching to see her, the more he was dying for her presence, for her voice. For just a small glimpse of her.  

 

‘,’ he cursed under his breath. He turned around as he started walking again hands inside his pockets, eyes on him. The patients in that ward had been seeing him for a week, he was just sitting in the corner or standing seemingly waiting for something but then never did he talk to them or ask them just anything. He was there in silence, waiting.  He just wanted to know why he was being like that. He just wanted to know why he can’t seem to stop thinking of her like they have known each other, like they have been together.

 

He just wanted to know how come someone you only saw and never interact with had so much impact on you to that damn point of idiocy. Is that too much to ask? Is seeing her too much to ask too?

 

Maybe it was.

 

He was too engrossed in his thinking that he didn’t noticed that he was now standing in front of his car. He shut his eyes tightly. Another wasted day Choi Seunghyun.

 

He opened the door of his car slamming it close. He quickly brought the engine to life and without wasting any seconds he drove away, somewhere that even he doesn’t know. And maybe somewhere far that even a thought of her couldn’t reach.

 

He slowly decreased his speed until he reached full stop. He then tapped his fingers impatient on his stirring wheel eyes on the traffic light in front of him waiting for its green light. He roamed his eyes all over the place. He glanced at his wrist watch. It was almost six in the evening yet the streets were crowded, the roads full with vehicles.

 

His eyes caught the date flashed on the monitor of his car. Today the city was celebrating some sort of festival, no wonder why the whole place was seemed at buzz and damn busy. He drifted his eyes back on the traffic light as he was waiting patiently for it to turn green. He then watched the people crossed the street right in front of him when a familiar figure caught his attention.

 

He blinked as he felt his heart pumped its way to his throat bringing a thirsting drought. He bit his lips. He was sure it was her, she was crossing the street. She was wearing another long sleeves dress now in light pink which has laces on the edge of the sleeves and skirt. She was wearing flats and as usual her big black guitar bag was clinging on her bag as she was gripping both straps. She was also wearing a light brown hat that has a black ribbon around it.

 

He could not be wrong he knew it was her. The clothes, that damn guitar and that angelic face hugged by pure beauty and innocence. It was her, his beautiful stranger.

 

The light went green as the vehicles next to him moved. He quickly stepped out of his car as loud beeping sounds coming from the cars behind his filled the whole place but he does not care. He quickly ran to chase her as her body drowns in the crowd. He was trying his best to get through the crowd, completely forgetting his car in the middle of the road causing further traffic. His car can wait. But him, who has been dying just to see her, can’t.

 

One more day that he can’t see even a glimpse of her he was bound to lose his mind.

 

He was shoving the crowd in front of him not caring about the complaints as he was trying to look for her in the sea of people but he can’t even see where she was already. He hissed a curse until he saw her guitar standing out in the walking crowd. He followed it as he saw her entered the park. He kept on trailing behind keeping a safe distant eyes all focused to her, to her every step and move. She stopped walking as she turned her head left to right as if looking for someone. Seconds passed her lips curved into a smile as she pulled something out of her guitar bag. It was bundle of papers. It was flyers.

 

With a smile she started giving out the flyers to the people passing by. Some were accepting it and keeping it but most were ignoring it worst throwing it away. Seunghyun saw a man crumpled the paper she gave and placed it on a top of a metal trash can; he went to the trash can eyes still on her as he grabbed the crumpled paper and straightened it. He read what was written to it.

 

‘Concert for a Cause,’ he read softly. It said that there will be a concert for a cause conducted on an orphanage just near in this area. It will be for the benefit of the children. The money would go for their supplies, school supplies and other expenses on the said orphanage. His brows met on the center as he slid the crumpled paper on his pocket. He sat down on one of the bench eyes still locked on her as she was handing out the flyers with a smile.

 

He can’t help not to wonder about her more. He grew curious more about her as she stood there smiling and working hard on distributing the flyers for a charity event. He felt like he wanted to know her more. He stood up and walked to her and pretended that he was one of the passerbies and as soon as he passed there he was stopped by her.

 

‘Sir! Please come and watch our concert!’ she smiled handing him one flyer. He stopped and looked at her as Dara lifted her gaze meeting his eyes. ‘Omo!’ she exclaimed pointing him. ‘You’re the handsome guy who almost hit my Liloree!!’ she added as Seunghyun rolled his eyes. He can’t believe that until now her mind was on her cat and not on her life that she could have lost that day.  Dara smiled. ‘Sir, since you almost killed my precious Liloree why not attend our charity concert please!’ she begged hands clasped together and feet stomping like a child. He blinked at her in surprise and disbelief.

 

 Seunghyun flicked his finger on her forehead. ‘Ouch!’ she whined. ‘What was that for!?’ she burst fist clenching, forehead creasing and was on her toe with her body leaning to him as her lips was curving into a grimace. She looked like she was asking for a fight and dying to get her fist on his face. She was so small and she looked like a child. ‘I didn’t almost kill your cat, I almost killed you,’ he mumbled as Dara stood straight. There was a moment of silence as their eyes remained on each other. Dara let out a soft laugh which made his heart pound against his chest fight for some air that he was terribly lacking that very moment as he stood there with her laughing in front of him.

 

Her laughs got to be the best symphony that he heard in his entire life. Is laugh even a symphony? Maybe he was indeed going crazy.

 

Dara covered . ‘Oh yeah, you almost hit me,’ she smiled at him as he forced himself to nod. Dara then extended her arm to him with a sweet smile. ‘I’m Dara,’ she said to him as he looked at her for a moment. He felt his throat just run dried and his body stiffened in place. He then inhaled deeply before gently holding her hand. ‘Seunghyun,’ he said as they shook hands. Her hands they were soft yet you can feel her rough forefingers, and the deep lines on it. They were also cold.

 

And it fits perfectly to his.

 

Dara pulled her hands away from him as he snapped out of his own reverie. ‘So are you going to attend our charity concert?’ she asked as she started explaining everything written on the flyers while he remained standing there staring at her as her voice was left unheard by his ears but stayed in his heart. ‘So are you going?’ she asked for the nth time as he just looked at her. ‘Seunghyun!’ she called as he felt his heart skipped a beat on his chest.

 

He had heard his name coming from millions of people. He heard his family said his name, his friends, then he heard people he doesn’t know said it, people who insulted him said it. He heard his name being said by different tongues, different voices and different accent. But hers… it was the best of all even though there was nothing special in the way she said it. She pronounced it like the way it was pronounced, she said it using her beautiful voice.

Or maybe it sounded special and different because it was her who said it. It came from her.

 

‘When is this anyway?’ he asked finally drifting back to reality. ‘Well it will be three days from now’ she smiled merrily. ‘So… are you coming?’ she asked as he smiled. He then nodded. ‘Sure,’ he said as Dara jumped up and down in happiness. She bit her lips. ‘You really look handsome,’ she said in a chuckle as he felt his blood raced on his cheeks he coughed making her laugh. ‘Aishh!’ he hissed snatching the flyers from her hand. Dara stared at him blinking in confusion. Seunghyun just snapped his head way from her as he started handing the flyers to the people passing them by as Dara stared at him in disbelief.

 

Soon girls started swarming around them as they were outrunning each other to get a flyer from Seunghyun while Dara became busy with some people acquiring ticket immediately, good thing she brought good amount of tickets with her which was sold out in just minutes. Seunghyun looked at her as Dara let out a laugh.

 

It was quarter to nine when they had finish with the tickets and the flyers. Dara stretched her arms upward with a grin on her lips. She turned to Seunghyun who was just walking next to her. ‘Thank you,’ she said sincerely as Seunghyun stopped from walking and looked at her. He nodded. ‘It’s nothing,’ he mumbled. ‘Where is your cat anyways?’ he asked changing the topic or perhaps wanting to lengthen the time with her, afraid that he might not see her again. ‘Oh Liloree?’ she asked as they started walking once more. ‘I left him at the house knowing there’ll be lots of people here today,’

 

‘The cat is a boy? I thought it’s a girl,’ Seunghyun said in disbelief. Dara laughed a bit before nodding. ‘He’s a guy!’ she said with a smile as she gripped the strap of her guitar as she walk on big steps avoiding the lines on road they were walking on just like a child playing. ‘Will he be okay alone?’ he asked. Dara nodded. ‘He will just sleep and sleep! He’s a lazy bum,’ she said making Seunghyun stared at her once more. Seunghyun was about to say something when Dara just bounced her way to one stall as he quickly followed her. He stared at him as she was buying something after minutes of talking to the vendor Dara turned to him.

 

She then handed him a keychain with a small bottle charm and inside the small bottle there was a four leaf clover. ‘Thank you for your help today, if you didn’t come I probably wasn’t able to sell any ticket,’ she chuckled as Seunghyun stared at the keychain she gave. ‘Yo-You’re welcome,’ he said stuttering for the first time in his life. He faked a cough as he cleared his throat. Dara smiled at him. ‘I’ll see you in the concert then Seunghyun,’ she happily stated. ‘Bye!’ she said as she started running away. He blinked when he just saw her running away from him. He quickly ran after her but the she was able to board the bus which quickly left.

 

He was breathing heavily as he tightly gripped the keychain she gave. He tightly shut his eyes as he leaned one of his arms on his thigh for support. ‘Seunghyun!’ he heard someone called him as he looked at the bus which was slowly moving away. He then quickly ran after it. He wanted to laugh when he remembered seeing a scene like this on one of the drama that he happened to watch.

 

But the difference the guy was chasing the woman he love in that scene, while he, he was chasing a stranger.

 

That’s not right. She was no longer stranger to her. She was Dara.

 

‘Next time I’ll give you a real four leaf clover!’ Dara shouted through the window of the bus waving at him. ‘Bye!’ she added which made him stop from running and stood there huffing, desperate for air as he looked at the bus disappearing before his eyes. ‘You’re going crazy,’ he muttered to himself as he clenched his fist tightly feeling the keychain she gave him. 

 

‘Hell crazy,’

 


 

 

He hissed before slamming himself flat on his bed. He stared at his room ceiling. He ruffled his hair remembering all the trouble he went through just to get his car back that was towed. He just found himself laughing as he covered his arm on his eyes. Why wouldn’t his car get towed, he left it on the midst of the road just to chase her. His laughter soon died as he removed his arms and stared at his room’s ceiling. A smile curved on his lips.

 

It was worth it. It was damn worth it.

 

He closed his eyes giving himself to the mix of exhaustion and satisfaction in him. He bit his lips. He then fluttered his eyes open as he pushed himself to sat down facing his huge window staring at the view outside, the night city of Seoul. He wondered how everything inside him can seem to have been flipped upside down.

He raked his hair before letting his back lie on his bed, eyes back on his room’s ceiling. ‘Crazy,’ he muttered under his breath. He closed his eyes, his breathing became slow and without noticing it he drifted to sleep leaving his questions unanswered while wishing for days to pass quickly so he could see her again. 

And maybe he was losing his mind already. 

 


>Author's corner:

okay first thing first i changed the storyline for the story it was not supposed to be like this, it was supposed to be another story but then i like this better and i wrote it better so there it is hehe. anyways please someone give me a banner. i am not into graphic designing anymore i got no time haha. so thank you for waiting for this hehe. here's your double update! i love you :D