Chapter 2: Kyu's Plan

Camerawhore

When Eunhyuk awoke the next morning, his first thoughts were of Donghae and his health. He grabbed his phone to send a quick text to his friend, pausing for a moment to look at the picture he hadn’t changed back quite yet.

 

“How are you, Hae? If you got sick from yesterday, I’ll kill you.” Message sent, the screen once again returned to Donghae’s smiling face.

 

“Stupid Hae,” Eunhyuk muttered, “Stupid, Stupid Hae…who goes out with just a sweatshirt on in frickin February?”

 

He got up and went to the mirror on his dresser, “aish!” he leaned closer, inspecting the dark circles under his eyes, “I couldn’t sleep at all last night…”

 

A picture tucked into the frame of the mirror suddenly caught his eye. He didn’t remember putting any pictures up, he looked closer and realized it was from the Eunhae fan letter on his desk. Donghae must have seen it and put it there when he was in my room, Eunhyuk blushed, realizing the other boy must have read it in order for him to have put it up.

 

He really didn’t need Donghae to get any more ideas about making the fans believe in Eunhae. The other boy knew how much it drove him crazy when Donghae went all skinshippy with him in public. Enough people thought he was gay already. Which he was totally not! Tooootally.

 

“Aish!” He glared at the picture of them, pulling it down, “Why do you have to go putting your face everywhere I look?”

 

He pulled out his cell phone and angrily changed the background back to his monkeys, deleting the picture of Donghae.

 

“And why won’t you text me back?” He pouted, looking at the picture he’d taken down.

 

After several hours he went looking for Hae. He knocked on the door of his friend’s bedroom. His stupidfriend’s bedroom.

 

There was no answer.

 

“Donghae-ya!” He called, but nothing.

 

He nudged the door open and peered in. A large lump of blankets covered Donghae’s still sleeping form. Creeping inside, Eunhyuk tiptoed over to the bedside. He could just see the top of Donghae’s messy hair, the rest of him being enveloped with blankets.

 

“Donghae,” he whispered, getting only a low moan in response.

 

He pulled the covers down just enough to feel the forehead of the sleepy boy. He drew his hand back quickly in dismay.

 

“Didn’t I tell you I’d kill you if you got sick, pabo?” he asked gently.

 

Donghae opened his eyes and looked up at Eunhyuk miserably. Shivering a little.

 

Stupid puppy face… Eunhyuk thought, melting a little. “Don’t move, I’m going to get some damp towels and then I’m gonna kick Ryeowook til he wakes up and makes you some soup.”

 

Donghae tried to say something but it came out as a croak.

 

“It’s a good thing we only have tv shows to go on and no singing this week, jeeez…” Eunhyuk shook his head as he backed out of the room.

 

….

 

They were in Japan now for their first big concert there and the group was excited. Their show was to begin in several hours and Eunhyuk paced back and forth in the hallway waiting to get his makeup done.

 

It wasn’t that he was nervous, far from it, shows like this were second nature now. The concert was the last thing on his mind, in fact. It had been weeks since Donghae’s fever, and since that day there had been no smiling Hae gracing the background of his phone. He hated to admit it, but he kind of missed the cute faces and little messages Hae would put there now that they’d stopped. He opened his wallet and pulled out the picture Donghae had stuck on his mirror several weeks ago. He’d started carrying it around when he realized how much he missed seeing Donghae’s face when the other wasn’t around.

 

Someone had left the windows open in the changing rooms and the building they were in was bitterly cold. Eunhyuk wondered absently if Donghae was wearing enough clothes Probably not. He decided to look for him to find out, and possibly yell at him if he wasn’t.

 

He looked into one of the rooms they were assigned to, but didn’t find Donghae. Instead he found a smiling Leeteuk, which, trust me, is rarer than it seems. This peaked Eunhyuk’s interest. What could possibly making their moping leader crack a full on smile? Something he hadn’t done, aside from public appearances, since Kangin had left for the army.

 

“Hyung…” He said, as he approached hesitantly, “What’s up?”

 

Leeteuk smiled up at him, “Oh Eunhyukkie! How are you?”

 

Eunhyuk looked at him oddly, “I’m…fine. You seem…like you’re in a good mood? He said, slowly.

 

“Ah, it’s nothing really, just got a nice surprise from someone.” Leeteuk looked at his phone and shook his head, still smiling.

 

“What is it?” Eunhyuk asked, bubbling with curiosity, “Text from Kangin-hyung?

 

Leeteuk’s face fell a little, “Ani, but it’s still really sweet. Look what Donghae did to my phone.”

 

Eunhyuk snatched the phone and felt his heart clench a little. He saw Donghae’s sparkling eyes peering up from the background image with the words “smile teukkie! because when you’re happy, SJ is happy. love you hyung!”

 

So Donghae was the one that cheered up Leeteuk? Eunhyuk’s mind raced. Did he like Leeteuk, he said “love you” at the end, why was Leeteuk so pleased about it? Did helike Donghae? Why did Donghae have to go around putting his stupid fishy face on everything? And most importantly, why did he stop doing it to Eunhyuk? It wasn’t like Hae to give up so easily on something that Eunhyuk got so annoyed with. In fact, getting annoyed usually had the effect of making Donghae want to do it even more! Eunhyuk was starting to hyperventilate.

 

“…Hyuk…Eunhyuk!” Leeteuk was waving a hand in front of his face, “can I get my phone back, by any chance?”

 

Eunhyuk was seized by a desperate urge to delete the picture, but he didn’t quite have the heart to wipe the smile of Leeteuk’s face. “H-here…sorry hyung,” he blushed as he quickly returned the offending item. Turning away, he hastily searched for something else to do. From around the corner, someone watched the exchange with interest, and increasing glee. He let out an evil laugh, rubbing his hands together in anticipation.

 

Sungmin jumped, “Kyuhyun! What the hell is wrong with you?”

 

The cackler sighed, “Does my evil laugh still need some work? Damn it.”

 

Sungmin rolled his eyes. “I don’t even want to know what you’re planning, so just hurry along.”

 

Suddenly a though struck Kyuhyun, “I’ll go but…could I maybe borrow your cell for like… 5 minutes?” He smiled sweetly, “Hyung?

 

Sungmin shook his head, “And you thought you’re evil laugh needed work. That smile looks about as innocent as bear trap. What’d you want it for?”

 

“To uh…call my sister!” Kyuhyun grabbed the phone out of Sungmin’s hand, “Kaaaythnxbai!”

 

He ran off leaving Sungmin blinking after him.

 

Donghae sat against the wall in an empty hallway, brooding over a certain anchovy boy, when Kyuhyun ran up to him breathing heavily.

 

“Kyu!” He stood up, looking surprised,

 

“Hi…” Kyuhyun nodded, a roguish grin on his face, “You don’t mind if I take a picture of you do you?”

 

Donghae looked at him suspiciously, “Why? And isn’t that Sungmin’s?” he said eyeing the pink cell phone in Kyuhyun’s hands.

 

The maknae rolled his eyes, “Just trust me, I’m really doing this for your own good, okay? You just need to go along with everything I say for the next week.”

 

“Can you explain at least a little what this is about, Kyu?” Donghae asked, still unwilling to trust his mischievous group member.

 

“Ah, but where’s the fun in it for me, if I tell you?” Kyu raised an eyebrow, “Let’s just say that I’ve noticed how a certain someone feels about another certain someone, but they haven’t quite figured it out yet. It would be in your best interests to cooperate with me as my plan is going to force him to acknowledge his feelings.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Donghae asked, heart pounding.

 

Kyuhyun stopped smiling, “I seriously live with the most oblivious people on the planet, you really don't deserve my help” he flipped open Sungmin’s girly pink phone and pushed Donghae against the wall, “Smile!”

 

Aaaaand... that's chapter two! I have a serious love of all-knowing-kyu I think. He always seems to figure things out before everyone else. Things he's like well duh! and everyone is like deniiiial! haha. I hope you like this chapter, and Kyu. and of course Eunhae. Kenzy, does this answer your question hehe? (but really this is me... of course it's gonna be Kyu... he's like my biggest weakness, he literally forces himself into my writing.)