6 {F}

Is This My Life?
Taemin was more than pleased with his new friend. The two of them were literally inseparable.

They played with one another. They hung out with each other. They obviously studied together, much to their distaste.

Once, they managed to create a food fight during dinner! They faced the consequences with huge grins, and they cleaned up the horrid mess they created in the dining room.

This was cute and all during the first year, but it got boring by the next year. 

Taemin began to notice that Mir was the type of person who would cling onto anything the could. He never left Taemin alone if he could, and he was constantly talking. 

Taemin grew out of his rebel stage by this point, and he was more laid-back, calm, and collective. Mir on the other hand only seemed like he was getting more and more energetic by the day.

Taemin also began to notice how Joon acted different since Mir came. Taemin would find Joon smiling at Mir when he did something wrong, but when he did the same mistake Joon would scowl.

Taemin did not like this one bit.

Taemin grew into a jealous brat. He hated people who received more attention than he did. He resented Mir, since he always had Joon who would shower him with all the attention he needed.

"That is so not right!" twelve year old Taemin scorned out loud to himself. "Mir gets everything he wants from Joon. Mir wants a dog, done. Mir wants a new game, done. Mir wants to cuddle, done. There is nothing he doesn't have! It is not fair!" Taemin screamed in frustration.

Key rushed into the room, wondering what all the screaming was about. He looked around the seemingly barren room until his eyes laid upon Taemin's little figure tucked away in the corner. Key smiled and he slowly approached Taemin. Once he reached the young boy, he sat down next to him.

"Taemin-ah, what is wrong?" Key asked as he rubbed the younger's back. "I heard you shouting from all across the hallway, and I am almost certain the entire house heard your little out burst."

Taemin stiffened at the question, and he stayed silent for a while.

"I-I-It's about Mir," Taemin finally spoke. "I don't like how he gets everything he wants. He gets everything he wants from Joon. It is not okay with me."

Key looked at the boy and smiled at Taemin pouted.

"You should be happy for Joon and Mir," Key started out. "Taemin-ah, you may not have seen this, but before Mir came Joon was constantly sad. I once found him in an empty room crying. I asked him what was wrong, and you know what he said?"

Taemin shook his head no.

"Joon said all he needed someone to love."

This took Taemin by surprise. He never paid attention to Joon besides when they had class together. Joon was nothing to Taemin quite honestly, which made Taemin even more sad knowing his teacher was alone for all these years.

'Maybe that is why Joon was so cold to me when I was younger,' Taemin thought. 'I always had Appa to look after me, but Joon had no one.'

Taemin frowned at his realization and looked up at Key.

"Umma," Taemin said. "I feel sad all of a sudden. I didn't know that Joon was suffering all this time. Now I feel bad, since I always made him suffer with my horrendous attitude. Now I know I shouldn't have treated him the way I did, but it is too late now."

Key managed to smile a little and took Taemin into his lap. He started Taemin's deep brown locks, and he hummed a little tune.

Taemin took this opportunity to look at Key closely. With Key's eyes closed, Taemin could see how truly beautiful his Umma really was. Key reminded Taemin of his real Umma, who was now long gone. Taemin looked at Key and thought. Then, he did something truly out of the ordinary.

Taemin gave Key a kiss on the cheek.

"W-what was that all about Taemin?" Key questioned as he blushed a deep rose color. "That's not something you should do whenever you want."

Taemin giggled at his Umma's reaction. 

"Can I not kiss my Umma on the cheek?" Taemin countered attacked. "I usually did that with my real Umma," Taemin hushed down quickly. 

"I always gave her kisses, and she would return them. I would run to her when I felt sad or lonely, and she would hold me until I felt better. She would even hum to me so I could fall asleep. She would kiss me goodnight, and she always told me she loved me."

By this point, Taemin transformed into an insecure seven year old who just lost his parents. The wounds still seemed fresh, and it surprised Key how Taemin hadn't moved on yet. He saw how broken Taemin still felt towards the loss of both his parents.

Key could not begin to phantom how much pain Taemin was enduring, so he hugged Taemin tighter. He whispered how beautiful little boys should not cry. Key held Taemin's head close to his heart and started singing to him aloud. 

Little snores could be heard after Key was through with the song. 

"I never took you for being a singer type, Kibum," a voice said just outside the door. "I didn't think you would waste your time with such a hobby."

Long strides could be heard, and Key tried to pick himself up without disturbing the angel in his lap.

"Oh, that won't be necessary," Minho pointed out. "You can stay seated. Just make sure Taemin isn't woken up."

Key bowed to Minho before he spoke.

"My Lord, what are you doing here in the middle of the day?" Key asked. "Shouldn't you be in your office filling out paperwork or looking for a new modeling shoot?"

"I should be doing that, but I had this mysterious urge to wander the hallways," Minho said. "I haven't seen my little bundle of joy all day long, and it was making me quite curious. Why would Taemin-ah disappear without a word? I was walking past this room when I heard your voice. I was just as surprised to see Taemin in your arms. So if I may ask, why is my angel here?"

Key told Minho about Taemin's little outburst. Minho looked over the boy and sighed. 

"Key, you are my most trusted maid," Minho started. "I have a favor to ask. I know Taemin needs a mother figure in his life, and there is no one here better fit for the job than you. I am asking in the nicest way possible, can you be Taemin's Umma?"

Key nodded without a second thought.

"Of course I will. He is practically my own child."

Minho chuckled as he hoisted Taemin into his arms. 

"I knew you took a liking to the boy when I first brought him home," Minho said. "Also, don't think I don't know about those cookies you've been sneaking him whenever he asks. I don't mind him having a treat every now and then, but please do not over do it."

"Of course you would be the one to figure it all out," Key said with a smile. "Well, I must be off. Who knows what damage Onew has done to the house. I can't leave that man alone for a few minutes without something being destroyed."

Key bowed and walked briskly out of the room.

Minho paced himself back to his bedroom and slowly placed his angel down onto the bed. Minho then made himself comfortable next to his angel.

"Oh Taemin-ah, how I long for you," Minho said to the sleeping angel. "I wish you knew how much I love you. You are a beautiful boy, but you are just that-a boy. I feel my heart skip a beat when we touch. I feel my sanity slowly diminishing without your love. I am trying so hard to refrain myself from committing more sins than I already have."

Minho started slowly kissing Taemin's neck.

"When you fall in love with me, I will have my ways with you," Minho whispered into Taemin's ear. "I will corrupt your innocence."

Minho continued on with his kissing for a while, until he heard whimpers coming from the boy.

To say the least, Minho was perplexed as to why Taemin was behaving this way. Minho was about to kiss Taemin's collarbone when Taemin sat up with a blood curling scream.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Taemin hollered. "LEAVE ME ALONE! I AM NOT YOUR TOY TO PLAY WITH! I'VE NEVER DONE ANYTHING TO YOU. STOP! STOP IT PLEASE! I AM BEGGING YOU!"

Taemin continued screaming as Minho desperately tried to calm him down.

"Shhhh, Taemin please wake up," Minho whispered as he took Taemin into his arms. "Please Taeminnie, wake up. You are scaring Appa to death right now."

Taemin quieted down until he was simply whimpering. Little tear drops found their way down Taemin's cheeks, and Minho brushed them off. Minho caressed Taemin's face when the boy opened his eyes. 

"Appa?" Taemin said. "What are you doing here?"

"I came rushing to you when I heard you scream," Minho lied through his teeth. "Taemin-ah, please answer me. Why were you screaming 'I'm not your toy to play with'?"

Taemin's eyes went wide, and he looked in the other direction.

"No reason," Taemin's simple answer came out. "I have no idea what you are talking about."

Minho did not buy this for one second, and he forced Taemin's eyes to face him. Minho took a deep breath.

"Taemin-ah, isn't it about time you told me about your childhood?"

The house shook by a horrendous scream. Taemin picked himself up and started bashing everything within his sight against the walls.

"Oh, Taemin-ah," Minho said quietly to himself. "What happened when you were young?"