3 {F}

Is This My Life?

Taemin
---
'This place is so dark. Whose footsteps are those I hear echoing? Why can't I breath!'

"Umma!" I yell at the top of my lungs. "Umma!" There was no sound coming from my mouth. "Umma, I am scared! Appa just left me, and I don't know what to do! Umma, why did you leave me too?"

"Umma!" I yelled as I jolted awake. I quickly composed myself, and looked at my surroundings. Then, an epiphany hit me. 

'Everything that happened wasn't a dream.' I lay back down on a huge bed and looked at the room more intently. It looked like the master bedroom my Umma and Appa slept in. Sunlight shone through the large glass door that lead to a balcony. I sat up and threw my legs over the edge of the bed and flinched as I felt my feet hit the cold floor.

Walking around, I noticed a little music box sitting on the corner of a large, majestic dresser. I ran my fingers across the edge of the cover, carefully opening it. It released a soothing beautiful melody. For the first time in the last two days, a smile made its way on my face. 

I left the music box open so I could immerse myself in the melody before it was taken away. I walked over tot he door that lead to the balcony and opened the door. The cool, misty air felt wonderful on my skin, and I made myself over to the railing where I placed my hands. My eyes scanned the area, but I didn't know what exactly I was looking for. 

'Maybe I want to find a way out, or maybe I want this to be a dream. I want my mom to wake me up with a fresh cup of hot chocolate.'

I sighed and went back inside, closing the balcony door before deciding to see the rest of my new 'home.' Before I took my first steps into the outside world, I noticed my Umma's scarf on the bedside table. I quickly grabbed it, and wrapped it around me. Sighing again in relief as my mother's scent surrounded me.

I walked down the hallway, taking notice of multiple doors that were lined up across the walls. None of them interested me until I faced a very old looking door. I looked behind me to check if anyone was there and despite the ominous feeling that was yelling at the back of my head, I proceeded to open the door. With a deep breath, I managed to push open the door and was greeted with as strange sight. 

The room is two times the size of the one I woke up in, and it was accented with black and red. In the middle of the room was a massive canopy bed, along with a big dresser and a chest located at the foot of the bed. It struck me as odd at the fact there were no lights in the room, and the lack of windows made me feel uneasy. The only light that came in was from the opening of the door. I ran my hands along the wall, stumbling around the room trying to find a light switch, but my efforts were in vain.

I opened the dresser, hoping to find some sort of flashlight or lamp, but all I saw were weirdly shaped objects. I picked up a pink tube and looked at it, trying to figure out what it was. I found a switch and gasped as it started to vibrate. Out of reflex, I dropped it, resulting in a loud sound echoing throughout the room.

"Taeminnie?" I heard a voice call out. I panicked as I heart the footsteps get closer. 

'I have to get out of here quick!'

I quickly ran out of the room, only to be greeted by the man who I met yesterday. I kept my gaze on the ground, as I felt him scan me up and down. He looked at the pink tube lying on the ground before picking it up and turning it off.

"I should have known better than to leave you by yourself. Maybe this is going to be harder than I expected," he said. 

He walked over to the dresser and placed the pink tube back inside. He closed the dresser and grabbed my wrist.

"Come with me," he said, before dragging me out of the room. I wanted to desperately yell at him and demand my Appa back, but I refrained from doing so. He too out a key from his pocket and locked the door to the mysterious room.

"Follow me," he said with a hushed tone. 

I kept quiet as he led me down endless hallways of the mansion. We stopped in front of a door to another room. He twisted the doorknob and pushed open the door, using his other hand to grab my wrist. Unlike the other two rooms, this room had a very cozy feeling to it. There were books kept organized on bookshelves and toys neatly placed on the floor. He led me to the two desks placed in the middle of the room and motioned me to sit down. He cleared his throat as he sat down at the desk across mine.

"Okay, to start off, my name is Minho, and if you remember from last night, I bought you," Minho said. "There are a few ground ruled I would like to tell you. Number one, you are to call me 'Appa'."
"A-Appa?" I stammer out. He nodded and smiled at me in response.

"Number two, you will listen and do as I say. Number three, the older you get, the more responsibilities you will have regarding pleasure, but as of now, it is nothing to worry about. Number four, whatever you do Taeminnie, you are not allowed to go back into that room ever again unless I say so. These rules may change at any given time, but I will be sure to inform you when they have changed," Minho said. "The most important thing is, if you ever need anything come to me okay? I will try to help you as much as I can."

I quickly got out of my seat and ran to Minho. He lifted me up and hugged me tightly.

"Shh, it is okay Taeminnie. I know this is all new, but please bear with it. It will get better," Minho said in an attempt of comforting me.

"Appa," I said quietly, "Promise me you won't leave." I felt Minho lift a hand and place it on my head.

"I will never leave Taeminnie. I promise."