The smiling gentleman

Black Heart

Minor Characters:
Jung Yunho – Nichkhun’s friend
Lee Hyori – Tiffany’s step-mother

.

He’s already engaged to a wealthy woman.

Let him go.

It’s not much but it’s enough for you to let him…


She bit her lower lips as her fist tightened. The words from that old woman kept flashing through her head. She closed her eyes to remain calm.

“Sohee! Why are you standing here doing nothing?”

She immediately opened her eyes and saw her angry manager and replied, “Oh, there was something in my eye, but I’m okay now.”

The manger sighed and said, “You need to bring this to table 9. I must remind you to be in your best manner. Mr. Horvejkul’s son is seated there as well.”

Sohee worked at one of the high-class restaurants in Seoul.  However, this restaurant was for business people to have their meetings or small drinks. Working there for three years, she knew the list of rich people and the surname Horvejkul is on top of her list.

Everyone knew the Horvejkuls, the wealthiest family in Korea. They are well respected in the world of businesses and known for their kind donations.

She nodded quickly and grabbed a wine bottle from her manger and on her way to table 9.

As she reached the table of two young men and an older man, she put on her sweet smile and was about to greet them till the old man stood up unexpectedly.

Talk about wrong timing.

“You…” He muttered as he pointed his index finger to the smiling gentleman with a pair of large eyes. “How dare you do this to me? I am one of your abeoji’s life long friends! I will let him hear about this!”

Sohee was speechless as her eyes switched from the old man to the young man.

Nichkhun only smiled. Not a single trace of guilt was on his face. He answered politely, “Mr. Park, please calm down. You must understand why I am letting you go. I already did my investigation about the stolen money… would you like me to continue?”

Mr. Park eyes became wide as he stumbled back a bit. Nichkhun chuckled and continued “Because you’re my abeoji’s friend, I’m not planning to take this to court.”

Everyone in the restaurant attention was glued to table 9. They whispered and wonder what was going on. They stopped speaking and watched Mr. Park walked out the restaurant embarrassingly.

Sohee jaw dropped a little as this occasion never happened in the restaurant before.

“Are you going to serve that wine?” She heard him said as she rapidly got her act together. She cleared and stuttered, “Here is the Romanée-Conti wine you order sir.”

As she was serving the wine, she heard the two young men talked.

“I can’t believe you just fired Mr. Park.” Yunho said as he took the glass of wine.

Nichkhun only smiled like nothing just happened, “He wasn’t only stealing money, he was secretly stealing documents and selling it to other companies.”

Sohee finished pouring wine into Nichkhun’s glass and bowed, “Please enjoy.”

Walking away, she could hear his cheerful laugh. How could he be so happy about what just happened?

.

Tiffany quietly opened the main door of the house, hoping that she won’t get caught by the maids or worst, her… step-mother.

As she paced up the stairs to her former room, she the light. She missed her room a lot. The patterns on her wall, the bed she slept on for years, her dolls and teddies she grew up with… she loved this room.

Tears were forming in her eyes as her eyes landed on pictures of her when she was a little girl and her deceased mother.

“Tiffany.”

She heard her name and quickly wiped the tears off her face. It was Hyori, her step-mother.

“I’m leaving. I just need to grab something.” She took the frames and put it in her purse.

As she was about to leave, Hyori said, “Your father had a heart attack this morning.”

Tiffany stopped in her track. “Is he okay? Why wasn’t there any news about it?”

“Your father didn’t want anyone to know he’s ill. His condition is well. He’s resting in the hospital right now.” Hyori answered. She grabbed onto Tiffany and pulled her back in the room, “I beg you to stay. He really misses you. You might help him cure faster.”

Tiffany freed herself from Hyori, “I’m sorry, but I can’t. Please take care of him…”

With that, Tiffany walked out the house. She might be heartless but she could never stay in her own home. Her abeoji is like a stranger to her. Her real mother is dead and replaced by a gold-digger.

Tiffany’s mother committed suicide when she was a little girl. Not too long after that, her father remarried to one of her mother’s models. When she turned 17, she found out that her mother died because her father was cheating on her with Hyori and was planning to divorce her.

So Tiffany packed her stuffs and ran away.

And her only goal in life is to become a great designer like her mother.

.

Vally
Wednesday June 30, 2010