I can never be like hyung

Black Heart

“You’re turning twenty-three this year and you never brought home a girlfriend. Your eomeoni is starting to question about your ual orientation.”

Nichkhun almost choked on his water when his father said that.

Him?

Gay?

What?

Before he could speak, his father said, “I told her that you were still working in the company. That you take your position serious and that you don’t have time to meet women.”

He relaxed a bit as he lay back on the chair, “Thanks abeoji.”

That’s his smart father. He sometime wonders why his father loves his mother so much. She was different from other wealthy mothers of course. She’s so carefree and doesn’t care much about her status and money. Like his father, he loves his wild umma too.

“However,” His father continued, “She expects you to meet someone during our Ball. If you don’t, she plans to do it herself, son. So be prepared.”

His father smiled before walking back in to the house, leaving Nichkhun a bit confused.

His heart was already torn once, he was afraid to love again. All the women in the world were in love with his money, status, and everything he owns.

Nichkhun sighed and looked up in the sky depressingly.

Honesty, how can he ever find a woman like his mother?

.

“Tooooop!” Yoona shouted and as she banged on his door. “Top! If you don’t open this door immediately, I’m going to break it down!”

Yoona pounded on the door until she felt soreness in both hands, “Stupid oppa. Is he seriously not going to open the door?”

Then suddenly the door cracked up, “Did you hurt yourself again, alligator?”

Strangely, Yoona, the goody-two-shoes and Top, the bad boy, are very good friends... maybe even best friends. The Im’s industry almost went bankrupt many years ago, but Top’s father saved the company by lending a vast amount of money to them. Ever since, both families would often have dinners and businesses together.

Yoona and Top went to the same elementary school, middle school, and even high school. Yoona got bullied a lot in school because she wasn’t rich as other kids. Top didn't know why how he always end up protecting her. They have such a close bond that people thought they are a couple. But Yoona and Top would laugh it off and thought people were insane to think like that.

“Thanks for telling me that you fought with your abeoji.” Yoona sarcastically said as she sat down on the leather couch. She quickly covered her nose when she sensed a horrible odor. “What’s that smell?”

Top ignored her question and sat across from her and asked, “Fany told you?”

“No, your abeoji called me and asked me to find you,” She replied, not staring back at him. Instead, she pinched her nose and tried to find where the smell was coming from.

Top just smirked and said, “You can tell my old man, I’m never going back home. Tell him—”

“Seung-hyun oppa! I’m not your messenger—”

“—And you’re my father’s messenger?”

Yoona took a deep breath before continuing, “Okay, if you don’t want to go home then that’s up to you. But he loves you oppa. He’s your father and that will never change.”

His eyes lowered, “He always loved hyung. I can never be like hyung.”

“It wasn’t your fault that he… died.” Yoona stood up and took a seat next to Top. She rubbed his back and continued, “It was all an accident, oppa.”

There was a short silence. Then Top smirked sadly and replied, “You’re sitting on something precious to me.”

Yoona felt confused and stood up. She looked where she was sitting and saw a hot pink thong.

She glared at him. Then she couldn’t help herself but chuckled too.

She was the one who suppose to cheer him up. Why does he always end up doing it?

.

Vally

Saturday, June 5, 2010