Bite your lips

Black Heart

Don’t cry. Don’t even let a drop fall.

“Leave my son,” The elderly woman demanded.

Don’t let anyone pity you. You’re strong, remember?

“It’s not much but it’s enough for you to let him go,” She continued and slide an envelope across the table.

Bite your lips and let it bleed, if you have to.

“He’s already engaged to a wealthy woman. I hope you understand.”

Sohee didn’t know what to say. She was tongue-tied. Her hands were shaking, her eyes were locked on to the glass of water, and she felt confused and scared. She wanted to cry so badly but instead, she bit her lips and held everything in.

And put her fake pleased expression.

The elderly woman was done speaking and stood up as Sohee quickly stopped her by saying, “Thank you for this... money.”

She put on a smirk and grabbed the envelope from the table. “Most girls would go find their ex-boyfriends and slap this on their faces. But me, I will use it well, eomeoni.”

Sohee formally bowed and took a few steps away from the table but turned back and said, “It’s a shame how a rich mother like you have to do your son’s dirty work. He’s a big boy now, eomeoni.”

The woman was shocked and end up losing her balance and sat right back on the chair. She couldn’t believe what Sohee said to her.

Sohee may look like the native girl next doors but she’s a really strong-minded person. She grew up in the orphanage and learned how to be independent. Nobody can bring her down neither can make her cry.

The last time she cried was when her father committed suicide and her mother died right after due to trauma. So she swears she’ll never shed a tear.

Because nothing can be tragic than that.

Nothing.

-

“Just a bit more, my dear,” She heard the maid said, “We’re almost there. A few more tugs and ties!”

Her mother wanted her to die, didn’t she?

She sighed in frustration and up her tears. “Eomeoni! I can’t breathe. My ribs are going to break!”

Obviously, her mother was enjoying the sight of her being in pain.

“The most important thing for a lady is their figure. How do you expect to wear a gown if you’re gaining weight?” She questioned as she raised her teacup to her lips and stared back at her daughter.

“I only gained two pounds! There’s no need for me to wear a smaller size corset!”

Her mother stood up and waved the maid to leave. “Yoona, the Horvejkul Ball is important to our family and your abeoji. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” She said as she loosened the strings of the corset.

Yoona’s future was already planned the day she was born. When she turned 6, her mother made her learned English and French. Then, when she turned 9, she was forced into learning piano and violin. She didn’t even have much friends, because her mother would paid them to go away.

Yoona already knew her mother was creating a perfect daughter that she can marry off to a wealthy family. Of course, benefiting the Im’s Industry and the family statuses.

Her mother wasn’t satisfied with middle class, she wanted more. That means sacrificing her own daughter’s happiness, she is willing to do.

All she wanted is to live a happy life of what she got.

.

Vally

Friday, June 4, 2010