Getting Ready

This Stupid Marriage

After a long day at school, you walked out arm in arm with your group of friends. From the far corner, you could see L.Joe getting into his car as girls surround him and take pictures of him.

“So Soo Jin, I heard that he nearly crashed you this morning.” Eunji your friend winked at you.
“Yes, with his new red Mercedes Benz that has been transferred from Germany 2 days ago, yes, he nearly killed me. Yet he said that it wasn’t his fault,” you grumpily explained.

Your personality was always like this. You terribly dislike people who think they are better that this and that. You dislike people who think they are right. You dislike people who are rude. You dis- *Am I describing L.Joe?* To put it short, you dislike people like L.Joe.

“Woah, you must pretty hate him,” Minji cooed.
“I don’t hate, I dislike.” You smiled to yourself.

Your phone suddenly vibrated in your pocket making you jump. You took out your phone and brang it to your ears.

“Yoboseyo?” You answered.
“Soo Jin dear, remember to come to dad’s office! He has something to tell you, arasso? Be there before his meeting,” your mum informed.
“Deh, I’ll come as soon as possible!” You replied then hanged up. You turned to your friends with an apologetic smile, they understood and gave you a slight nod. You hugged each one of them and ran towards the car waiting for me.

“Hello, Young Miss,” Mr. Jung greeted.
“Please, call me Soo Jin. I feel more comfortable that way!” You bowed and went in the car.

Soo Jin’s (You) POV

On the way to my dad’s company, I asked Mr. Jung to stop by at a bakery shop. Dad always loved this shop and we would always order Tiramisu cake from here, he said it gives him energy. After getting what I need, I proceeded back to the car and Mr. Jung drove me away.

Zoom Zoom

Walking through the big doors in front of the company, people greeted me as I walked by. I politely bowed back. You may think that I like this kind of attention? No, I really don’t. It’s really uncomfortable. At least paparazzos don’t follow me around and invade my privacy life eh?

“Oh, Ms. Choi, how may I help you?” My dad’s secretary bowed.
“I’m just going to see my dad. He isn’t busy is he?” I pointed to the doors to his office.
“Deh, he is currently in a meeting right now which will end in 5 minutes. How about you go in and wait in his office first?”
“Um, can you put this on his desk?” I gave her the box of cake. “I’m just going to tour around here, I haven’t seen the whole company yet.”
“Deh, would you like someone to show you around?” She asked.
“No thank you, I’m fine.” I bowed and walked away.

Sighing to myself I looked around at the interior of the building. Somehow, it seemed a little bland. A little too serious. Scary feeling man. Scary feeling.

“Oh, this is so confusing,” I mumbled. I looked left and right then left and right again. “Do not tell me I am lost. Where am i?”

I continued walking, hoping that I will find my way soon. It’s been over 5 minutes meaning, dad has already finished his meeting and I am so late for my meeting with him.

 “Excuse me, can Choi Soo Jin please meet me in my office please. And dear, take a left turn, walk straight, catch the elevator and from there on you know where to go right?” My dad announced over the PA system.

I chuckled. Oh daddy, you know me too well! But when did I use the elevator? Or did I use the stairs to go down? Aish, I don’t know.

“DADDY!” I burst through the doors.
“Aigoo, come here pink rabbit!” He embraced me into a warm hug and kissed my cheeks. Yes, pink rabbit. That was my nickname ever since I thought rabbits were pink in what? In prep. How embarrassing.

“I see you bought my favourite cake from my favourite bakery shop?” He pointed to the cake on the table.
“You saw right!” I chimed. “Oh, appa, why did you call me here?” I asked.

He sighed and sat down on the couch. I sat down too. I cannot stand any longer! My short legs were about to break from the tour of his company.

“How many blind dates has mum set you up with?” He asked. OUT OF THE MOTHER PIGGY BLUE SKY.
“Deh?” I asked, confused. Where is this going?
“How many blind dates have you been too?” He repeated.
“Um, about 6? Waeyo appa?”
“And you turned them all down?” He raised a brow.

I meekly chuckled. “I didn’t turn them all down, I just gave them a bad impression of me. No biggie! But why are you asking me this? You know I want to focus on my studies right dad? And, we have agreed that I live my life and you guys make some of my decisions.”

My dad sighed. It looked like he was keeping something from me. I just couldn’t find out what. Hesitated, he looked at me with his cute deer like eyes. Oh no not this again. This is the affects that always work on me every time I disagree with something.

“How would you like to go on another blind date?” He smiled.