Chapter 44. Happily Ever After

This Stupid Marriage

3 years later

“Daehyun, can you please bring this out the backyard for me?” You handed the 2 year old boy a bowl of salad.

“Yes mum!” He grabbed it and carefully ran out with the bowl.

“Oh you are adorable!” Shelly pinched Daehyun’s cheeks as he handed her the bowl.

“DAEHYUN! COME TO UNCLE!” Chunji hollered as he ran towards the boy.

“No!” Daehyun yelled as he ran.

“Oh no you didn’t!"

The sounds of laughter erupted out the backyard as the adults helped prepare for the party.

It is L.Joe’s 20th birthday today and whilst he is at work, you, your family, L.Joe’s family and Teen Top came over to help set up the party.

The day after he proposed, everyone started to get ready for the wedding. It wasn’t too big nor was it too fancy. It was the ideal wedding and this time, you didn’t get married because you were forced to. You got married because you loved someone.

During the past years, many things have changed and many unexpected things start to bloom.

Jaejoong, your cousin, is now married with Shelly, L.Joe’s sister. It was a big surprise but you were more than happy for them. When you gossiped with Jaejoong –yes he is the type to gossip- about Shelly, apparently he said that he knew her and got to know more about her when they teamed up in order to get you and L.Joe together.

Yes, they were the masterminds behind everything and you were so grateful for them.

Myungsoo? Well, he’s been out and about. He decided to stop working in his father’s company and not take over. It took a while for his father to accept this but eventually he moved on. Now, Myungsoo is doing the thing he loves, taking pictures.

Teen Top is still the same as ever. Almost all of them are employed but they still couldn’t catch a girlfriend.

Hyemi your best friend is now a designer. She designed your wedding dress for you when you got married and it was absolutely gorgeous. She has her own little boutique and you often visit when you can.

L.Joe’s POV

Straight away, when I walked through the house, I noticed it was silent.

Usually when I arrive home, Daehyun would be sitting 1 metre apart from the door, waiting for me to walk through but today, he wasn’t there.

“Soo Jin?” I called. “Daehyun?”

My eyes landed out of the backyard and slowly, I walked towards it.

“Surprise!” Everyone jumped out from their hiding spots.

Wow.

“What are you guys doing here?” I questioned Teen Top.

“What a nice way to treat your guest,” Ricky muttered.

Ignoring his comment, I noticed Soo Jin walking towards me. Her fragrance lingered in the air as the wind pushed it towards me, her angelic figure, gracefully walked towards me, she is indeed an angel.

“Happy birthday,” she smiled as she handed me a box.

I opened it up to see a Rolex Watch, new edition. My eyebrows furrowed.

“What’s wrong? Don’t you like it?” She asked.

“I was hoping for a car on my birthday,” I sighed, jokingly.

She rolled her eyes and knocked my forehead.

“Ow!” I flinched.

“Your car will be in another 10000 years,” she said.

“I’m only joking. All I need I you. Thank you for the watch,” I smiled.

Soo Jin’s (You) POV

The party shortly started.

Everyone was wishing L.Joe a happy birthday and had a little conversation with him.

“Babe, why are you working so hard on my birthday?” L.Joe came and s his arms around my waist.

“Because it’s your birthday?” I replied, putting the plate of fresh bread down the table. “Why are you here anyways? Go and enjoy the party.”

“It won’t be fun without you,” he muttered as he rested his head on my shoulder.

The things this guy does that sends chills everywhere to my body.

“L.Joe, Soo Jin,” someone called.

We turned around and saw Myungsoo standing in front of us and a girl next to him, linking arms.

“Oh Myungsoo!” I smiled.

“Wassup bro,” L.Joe fist pumped him.

“Happy birthday hyung,” he handed L.Joe his present.

I couldn’t help but to be curious of whom the girl is. She had an s-line body, short hair and fairly white skin.

“Oh, this is Nicole. Nicole this is Soo Jin and L.Joe,” Myungsoo introduced.

Oh. He read my mind.

“Nice to meet you,” I shook hands with her.

L.Joe only gave her a curt nod.

“Are you guys dating?” I wiggled my eyebrows at Myungsoo which in return he blushed madly. “Oh I am so happy for you!” I exclaimed.

“How did you guys meet?”

“Well, she was a waitress at a coffee shop in New York. I was taking a break from touring around to take pictures and coincidentally I met her,” he explained.

“Awwww,” I cooed.

Gosh, I sound like a freak now don’t I?

“Anyways, please make yourselves comfortable and enjoy the party,” I bowed.

They walked off and I was nearly in tears. It’s like sending your daughter away to someone they love. Not that Myungsoo is my daughter, just a very close friend who has been through a lot.

“Tch. Look at this. He gave me pictures of him and Nicole,” L.Joe flipped through the photo book and scoffed.

“Ah, they are so cute.”

“Appa!”

L.Joe tore his attention away from the photo book and towards the little boy, standing a few metres in front of him.

“Daehyun, come here you little monkey,” he smiled.

Oh, father and son reunion.

“Monkey? Seriously?” I spoke.

“Ooof,” L.Joe leaned forward, clutching onto his man hood.

Oops, I think I distracted him.

“Are you okay?!” Niel came running towards us as he saw the scene.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” L.Joe managed to let out.

“Daehyun, are you okay? Did it hurt?” Niel bent down to Daehyun’s level and checked him.

“You little bastard,” L.Joe cursed.

Oh gosh.

“Appa, are you okay?” Daehyun asked as his eyes rounded.

“Of course I’m fine. Your mighty dad can do anything!” He tensed his muscles. “Anyways, what took you so long to come to me?” He carried Daehyun up.

“I’m sorry daddy. I was trying to find your present,” he spoke.

“What present did you get me?”

“Here!” Daehyun got out his toy car.

Teen Top choked on their salvias and I tried my best not to laugh.

Looks like L.Joe got a car after all.

“Oh, thank you Daehyun,” he gave him a kiss and accepted the gift. “Okay, you can go play with your uncles now. I need to talk with your mother for a little bit.”

“Bye, bye!” His fingers stretched out like a fan, waving side to side.

“Man his head is hard like a rock,” L.Joe declared.

“What happened to ‘mighty daddy’?” I laughed.

“I’m still mighty daddy. But I can be superman if you make me feel better,” he wiggled his eyebrows at me.

“I can’t.”

He pouted. “Why not? It’s my birthday,” he complained.

Yeah totally.

Looks like it’s time to tell him.

“Because I’m carrying another life inside of me.”

 

Because of this stupid marriage, I met L.Joe.

Because of this stupid marriage, we fought for the stupidest reasons.

Because of this stupid marriage, we both got hurt.

Because of this stupid marriage, i fell in love.

 

 

 

 


I'm so sad that this story is finished! :( I had a great time writing this and i hope you readers enjoyed reading this. Thank you for your continuous support and comments that makes me smile. Please look forward to my next fanfics in the future! I appreciate all of the comments and subscribing that you've done! Thank you for reading! ^^