Bag of Skittles

The Girl who Kidnaps Idols

 

DISCLAIMER:
I do not own the artists, only the plot. In no way do the characters portray
how I feel about the artists or how the artists are like in real life.
If I depict someone an antagonist, that does not mean that I am an anti-fan
or that they have a bad character in real life. This is only a fanfiction.

 


 

 

ost

 

 

The rain has stopped. Han Semi closes her umbrella and shakes the after-rain dew off it, pointing it away from her and accidentally stabbing the person walking next to her.

 

Stab.

 

"Sorry." She apologizes with a tone that does not sound very sorry.

 

The person stabbed just glares and walks away. Maybe it's her hair that's tied in two bundles on the top of Semi's head like television antennas, but the stabbed person does not seem to want to socialize with her and ignores her.

 

'Walk out exit 9 of Hondae Station. Walk until you get tired. Turn 20 degrees to the left. Walk fast for 3 minutes. On the right, an abandoned cafe with its red paints peeling off.' is what the letter sent to Semi says but... what's up with these instructions? She gets a feeling that she's getting—hm, what's the word?

 

Trolled.

 

Also the fact the letter includes the jawdropping, saliva-inciting offer of free housing and promise of 20 manwon* a day for this work smells a little fishy.

 

What work is it? Semi has no clue, but it came with a packet full of a bunch of people's pictures and background information about them. It doesn't matter to her though. She's already calculating the money she will be making in her head. Finally! She'll be able to escape the title of 'freeloader' and 'hobo' by her friends.

 

Cutting the cold winter air by raising her fist victoriously, Han Semi follows the direction exactly as written. Magically, at the end of it all, she actually finds herself standing infront of a small worn out red cafe.

 

"Hello?" With a creak, she steps inside and greets questioningly at the people inside.

 

This cafe reminds her of the bag of skittles she used to love as a child.

 

There's a brown haired boy with a hint of orange, gaming away furiously on his iPad along with a quiter boy with blue streaks. A blond one listening to his iPod. A red head fixing his hair with a hand mirror in his hand. A purple peacock colored one sleeping in his chair.

 

Taste the rainbow.

 

Hey, the building is red too, like the package.

 

And all the human skittles are quietly sitting at individual tables without acknowledging each other.

 

Only the one dancing in the corner and the lone girl watching him have plain black hair.

 

Although Semi lost interst in the entertainment world and the idols since she entered junior high, the outfits they're wearing are screaming, "We're idols. Watch us dance!"

 

Another thing. None of these seven idols appear in the least bit interested in Han Semi's arrival. Maybe they didn't hear her. Semi decides to try again. "I said hell—"

 

"You're here!" Someone cuts her off, walking out of the restroom with the refreshing sound of toilet being flushed echoing behind him. He quickly scans Han Semi up and down, and so does she.

 

It's Andy from Shinhwa. 'Woah, a celebrity.'

 

"Dr. Han? My name is Lee Andy. Am I the Andy from Shinhwa? Yes, I am." He introduces himself, smoothly answering his own questions as if he's practiced this several hundred times the day before. "Am I the one who called you here? Yes, I am."

 

'Why is he answering his own questions?' Semi takes the handshake awkwardly, but goes along with it. Free housing and money is at stake here.

 

"I wanted to ask you to take care of my company's artist, and a couple of my other friends' artists." Still smiling and remaining his friendly pose, suddenly he lowers his voice as if he's trying to be careful and secretive about something. "You read the profile I sent you, right? The one about the artists and their... problems?"

 

Semi nods, not really paying attention to the words flowing out of his mouth.

 

How can she? She's talking to the Shinhwa's Andy! The group she was a huge fan of before junior high. Oh, and they're still shaking hands by the way, which is making it even harder for Semi to focus as the tiny fangirl inside her wakes from her seven year slumber with a twitch.

 

"I'm sure you read them." Andy answers himself again. "I know this is quite rude of me, but can you help them? How, you ask? By helping them change and solving their problems."

 

Han Semi her head, confused. 'Can't they just go to a normal hospital or clinic? Why is he asking me? I mean, I'm not even—'

 

As if he can read her mind, he continues, "We can't take them to an actual mental institute or hospital, whatever you call it. They're hallyu idols, and it'll be in the news everywhere if it gets found out. It'll be horrible for the kids to be labeled 'different' or maybe even 'crazy.'"

 

She reacts with an understanding nod.

 

Andy looks like he's about to cry, and his voice has gotten a tad louder. "They already have a lot of scars in their hearts and have been rejected by their peers in the entertainment world because of their... behaviors. Heal their wounds. Heal their hearts. Please... Please..."

 

'Now I get it... but he's really good at saying cheesy things like that with a straight face.' Her body involuntarily shivers from the ultra cheesiness. Let's just say that cheesy things are not her forte.

 

Finally letting go of her hands, Andy wipes his already dry tears and ends the conversation. "Well, I'll leave them in your care. I'll be outside in my van, so you can talk to them." Already feeling better, he winks, quite charmingly, before heading out the door with a light wave.

 

What has she gotten herself into?

 

Free housing and money, she chants in her mind.

 

'Hwaiting, Han Semi. You can do it. Okay?' The girl turned towards the seven people still in their own worlds. Other than the complete denial of her existence, each and every one of them looks perfectly fine in Semi's eyes. 'Do they even know I'm here?'

 

Feeling awkward and maybe even slightly left out, Semi decides to get used to this out of place atmosphere and claps her hand a couple of times to gather their attention. "You guys." Does that sound too friendly? The inner Semi is crying tears of storms, not sure how to go about with this business.

 

"Oh." The brown hair with the hint of orange reacts first, putting down his iPad. "Hey there's a girl in here."

 

The blue streaked one looks up in the direction of Han Semi as well.

 

At the orange hair's word 'girl,' the red head pulls aside his flower mirror and gives a smug smile. "You're right."

 

Then, the rest of the skittle heads turn their full attention on her and murmuring among themselves about their newfound discovery: Han Semi. The only one not interested is the purple peacock haired boy who is busy snoring away in his sleep.

 

'Well, they sure are fast.' Sarcastically, she thinks to herself and wonders what she's supposed to do with them now that they've forgotten her presence because they're too busy talking about her.

 

Let's start with an introduction. "My name is Han Semi." That gets their attention.

 

"How old are you?" The red head asks, raising his hand in the air. This isn't school...

 

Speaking of school, Han Semi might not have done well in high school, but she has an amazing memory she's proud of. Thinking back to the information she read about them, she recalls his name. 'Jinyoung. He's the narcissist.'

 

Jinyoung's still tightly clenching his hand mirror as if to prove her point.

 

"I'm nineteen." Semi answers his question without a thought. She's too busy debating whether to have them introduce themselves to her or not. 'They're idols... so they might be expecting me to know their names (even though she just learned their names and faces two days ago from the letter), but I remember reading you should have them tell you about themselves with their own mouths.'

 

In her head, the scene of her saying, "I'm going to heal your hearts and fix your damn problems. You're Jinyoung, right?" and the aftermath flashes into her brain. The red head may throw a tantrum of "Don't think you know me just because you know my name. You'll never understand me!" and bursting out the cafe, and then goodbye~ free housing and money~. This is a problem.

 

"Woo~ She's young." The twenty-one year old Jinyoung and Woohyun playfully laugh as if they've hit a jackpot.

 

"So what's this about?" The one that was dancing in the corner gets right to the point. Kim Jongin, she recalls.

 

'Oh, the time has come to explain yourself, Han Semi.'

 

The others stare at her with the same question in mind as Jongin... except the purple haired one whose eyelids are still tightly glued together with sleep.

 

After a long period of flipping her brain to the left and then to the right, the girl opens to respond. "I-I'm going to fix your hwearts... heal your prob-blems, and make you feel bettar," Pointing at the three boys—"you're Jongmin, and, and you're J-Jinyoung, right? You're Woohyun...?"

 

Ah.

 

A strange tension forms in the air as Semi realizes what she has done. The silence hangs awkwardly as the words seep into each of their brains.

 

'Noo!! How could you actually say what's on your mind, Han Semi!?' Cringing to herself internally, she braces herself for what's to come. Jinyoung will complain and Jongin will run out of here. 'I'm doomed.'

 

"Actually, my name's Jongin, but whatever." The boy in the corner sighs, leaning against the wall.

 

'Hm?' Semi is a little shaken by the fact that no one got offended or sensitive.

 

The blue streak boy mumbles almost inaudibly. "Oh, you're that psychologist who CEO Andy was sleeptalking about." He's Lee Byunghun.

 

"Hey, she knows my name! Cool." Woohyun seems excited that Han Semi knew his name.

 

"She better know my name." The red head threateningly growls in Woohyun's direction.

 

At that moment, Semi's glad she included Jinyoung's name in her answer.

 


 

 

My goodness. I almost had a panic attack.
After reading your comments, I got so energized and wrote out almost three chapters...
Then, I spazzed and deleted them. By accident.
Thank the Lord for the backspace button. T^T I recovered them.

My hands are still shaking.
See... this is what your comments do to me. Shame on you.
Just kidding. Love you~ ♥ ♥ ♥ Thank you for the comments!

 

Ah, my hands won't stop shaking.