Childhood Romance

Minwoo The Courage Fairy

Soomin:

That kidnapper...hmmmm.....where have I seen him?? Hmmm.....I scratched my head....Why do I want to hire him?? Hmmm... I scratched my hand.What is the reason??? I scratched my whole body.The boy's face keeps on replaying in my mind.When have I seen him? I felt so puzzled that I could explode any moment. I let out a loud "BAH!" and stop scratching my red, sore skin.A clap of thunder startled me and memories flooded into my mind...

It was a rainy night, many years ago.. I got lost while I was trying to venture out of the mansion and I could not find my way back. I was wandering through the streets, drenched and hungry. My warm jacket was not doing a very good job keeping me warm when it is soaked. Then, I passed by a bakery. I stopped in front of it as I smelt the nice aroma of bread baking in the oven. My stomach started grumbling despite how I tried to abstain my hunger. A boy saw me through the window. He rushed out of the house and passed me a bun and an umbrella.

"Here! You must be starving. I could hear your stomach churning from up there.."He grinned as he passed me both items.

I bowed down thankfully and took them from him before walking on. I had just walked a few steps when a plump lady rushed out of the house. He slapped the boy in the face real hard, he went plummeting down into the floor. I could hear a loud "BAM!"

"UNGRATE! You think bread just fell down from the sky like rain?How dare you stole and ate them behind my back! The expensive custard cream bun not to mention!" She screamed and locked him out of the house.I turned back to see if he is fine.A red palm mark was stamped into his cheek. It must have been burning pain.

"Are you okay?"The seven year old me asked worriedly. He got hurt bacause of me anyway and I was feeling kinda bad about it.

"Ahh....gwaenchanayo...I'm always alright..Heh..heh..." He chuckled, as if to convince me that it was a small thing, but I saw a drop of tear at the one little corner of his left eye.

I touched the red mark on his cheek and kissed it, as my mother always did to my wounds, hoping that he will feel better. He smiled and patted my head. I felt an electric current going through me at that moment. Just then, a hand patted me on my shoulder.

"Young mistress, we're so worried about you...we've spent hours looking for you."A man in black spectacles and suit has his hand on my shoulder."It's time to go... I then knew that he was one of my family's chauffeurs.

I gave the boy a last hug and returned him his umbrella. The chauffeur sheltered me into the limo with a black umbrella. I looked out of the window as the limo drove off. The boy was waving his hand at me...His tiny hand waving...waving...and still waving..

And that electric current...What is it all about?

Why do I feel it when the kidnapper gagged me?

I wonder how he is now?

That little boy.

 

To readers:

 SOrry for not informing you about the short hiatus..But it was all really sudden. Exams, homeworks and competitions...No time to explain now but yeah...Thanks a lot for being kind and supportive to me so far and I hope you enjoyed the story..I really tried my best...Thanks! :D