Protection Friend

Having an Alpha Mate

Yang Yejin POV

The College was beautiful! It was filled with many modern paintings and buildings. Every part of the Collage was more than standard and certainly high class. I felt alien from the rest of the students.

They wore branded clothes with high heels and new Gucci bags. I felt shorter, less confident, a lower class compared to the rest.

“Welcome to ACE!” greeted a student. She was smartly dressed with a floral dress and black leather jacket that made her look edgy, she had a wide smile on her face, “I am Choi Jinri but I’m known as Sulli.”

She seems really nice. She had a clear, pale face with straight, long hair. She was pretty and you could tell she comes from a good family since she just had those friendly, warm auras around her.

I smiled back and bowed, “Hello, I’m Yang Yejin… a new student.”

She giggled and looped her arms onto mine, “I’m new as well but I know a lot of people since my friends go here.”

“Ahh, I see, you must be pretty famous then,” I assumed.

“No, no!” she denied teasingly, “I’m normal, it’s just that most students here are well connected.”

That explains why I feel like an outcast then. I feel as if I’m disconnected from the rest. Huff, what a great start with my College life.

“Come on and let’s check what schedules we have,” she dragged me to another setting. She knew where to go whilst I got lost on the third room we entered.

Apparently, I had Biology first but I wasn’t sure considering all Sulli did to me was drag me from one place to another, and would give me a brief trivia that has nothing to do with the school or our education. It was irrelevant but very amusing and refreshing.

I took my seat and Sulli sat next to me excitedly.

“Yang Yejin?” called the teacher.

“Here!” I answered.

The whole class looked at me as if I was some sort of surprising news. What’s with the staring?!

The teacher smiled and gestured to come to her, “Come here.”

I took a deep breath before hesitantly going over to her.

The teacher smiled and pointed to the class, “Please introduce yourself,” this is weird! The other students who were called before me didn’t have to introduce themselves! But why me?!

My cheeks turned pink slightly from the central attention I’m getting, I swallowed and bowed to the class, my heart was racing, “Hello, I’m Yang Yejin. I’m from Obangin High School, nice to meet you.”

I raised my head and Sulli was cheerfully clapping while the rest were clapping along boredly. This is totally weird!

My face was basically shouting it out but no one could care less and all they did was clap for me.

 

-------------------------

 

Choi Jinri aka Sulli POV

Aigoo! Our Yejin is so cute! She hasn’t realized that she’s attending school filled with werewolves who can chomp on her any time of day. But I’m here to make sure nothing like that happened!

Yejin is the third human in ACE. The first human is in his fourth year of College- Lee Jinki aka Onew and the other is in her third year- Seo Jooyeon aka Seohyun. Only SMART humans comes to this school and having her in our year makes our year a little bit more interesting, and that’s why I like her.

I know that she’s finding it weird why we’re clapping for her, but we want her to feel special since she’s a privileged human attending a supernatural school.

 

Sulli! Sulli!

 

A wolf was calling me. I could sense it. For us wolves, we can communicate through our mind. Though we’re not allowed in class since it’s blocked by the special designed walls, the only types of wolf who we can communicate with are Alphas… is an Alpha communicating me right now?! OMO!

 

Sulli! It’s Alpha leader’s son Kris Wu! I’m here to tell you something, so listen carefully. The girl who you just clapped for, you make sure you take care of her and no danger is done to her, or if you let anything dangerous happen to her, I will end your wolf pack immediately, including you.

 

Araso! Yes, boss. I will!

 

I can’t refuse an Alpha, especially if it’s the Alpha leader’s son who will become our leader one day.

My heart was beating nervously as I searched around the room to catch a glimpse of that Alpha but he’s nowhere to be seen. I then turned my attention back to Yejin and she sat back down on her seat.

“Stay close,” I told her with a smile.

She blinked, maybe a little bit confuse on my use of words, “Ok,” she smiled and started to write down some notes.

Whoever this Alpha is, I wish I could meet him. I’ve only met an Alpha once and he saved my life that day!

 

--------------------

 

Yang Yejin POV

The day turned out a little bit weird. A lot of people gave me first class attention as if I’m some kind of celebrity and I totally hate it!

This morning all I’m wishing for is a normal College life but how am I suppose to have that if this much attention is around me?!?

Sulli held on to me tightly. She was weird as well, since she was caring for me too much.

She would wipe my seat for me and would get me food when it’s not needed.

We were in the library to just rest from the busy day. She attentively stared at me. I looked up to meet her eyes with her, “Yes?”

Sulli smiled and shook her head, “Nothing.”

Once again, I felt her staring. I looked up and her eyes were still looking at me, “Yes?”

Again she said the same thing.

It was making me uncomfortable and so I inhaled a deep breath and looked at her, “Sulli, are you ok? Is there something in my face? Did I do something wrong?”

Sulli bit her lower lip and looked down, “I’m sorry Yejin. It’s just that I need to protect you but I don’t know how to.”

“Protect me?” What is she talking about?

“I don’t know how to explain this but let’s just say I want to be your really close friend and I’m doing this by taking care of you,” she explained further.

I guess she has a point but it’s still very uncomfortable.

I touched her hand, “Don’t worry, I’m fine. Just act how a friend would act around a friend, you don’t need to protect me, and I can protect myself, so nothing to worry about.”

I gave her an assuring smile and she replied with a grin.

Even if this day is very weird and out of my definition of normal, I guess having a friend look out for me isn’t so bad after all.