DaeJong #1 (Requested by nightstar)

B.A.P Fluffshots&Drabbles;

DaeJong requested by nightstar ^^ 

oh my god this oneshot is pretty long. Started as a drabble but then I needed background to it and yeah. 2755 words and that was after I cut a lot of things out LOL

Hope you like it c:


Jung Daehyun.

Who is Jung Daehyun?

If you ask the students at our school, they’d tell you:

“Jung Daehyun? He beat up that kid with the glasses this morning.”

“He skipped every one of his classes today. How is he passing?”

“Daehyun broke one of the windows but didn’t even get caught!”

“He knocked out someone that was older than him!”

 

…In other words, Jung Daehyun was bad. Very bad. He beat up students; stealing their money and stuffing them into lockers. He hardly ever attended classes and talked back to all the teachers when he did.

The whole school knew him.

You could hear them whispering in the halls; Jung Daehyun did this, Jung Daehyun did that.

 

Jung Daehyun, however, was also one of the most popular kids in school.

He practically owned the place.

There were those that were too scared of him, and let him trample all over them.

Then there were those who were infatuated with him. Those girls; even guys, who sent him love letters and presents every day. Part of me thinks they’re crazy to love a guy like that, but then again, I understand.

Jung Daehyun was beautiful. Not handsome, not hot, but beautiful.

With his soft lips and round eyes that shone when he smiled.

Oh, don’t get me started on his smile.

His eyes would shine and his nose would crinkle; the baby fat underneath his eyes would soften his whole face.

Daehyun’s smile was what made him beautiful. 

But as beautiful as Jung Daehyun is, it doesn’t cover up the fact that he was a jerk.

A jerk that happened to like picking on my best friend.

 

 

“Did you do my homework for me, loser?” The sound of books thumping to the ground could be heard, along with the crash of a body being pushed against a locker.

“Y-yes Daehyun-ssi,” the boy stuttered, hurriedly zipping open his backpack and handing him a single sheet of lined paper.

 Daehyun smirked, yanking the sheet of paper out of his hands. “Good boy, I’ll be back tomorrow for my math homework,” he grinned, laughing as the boy in front of him shook as he nodded. “You better have it, or else you know what will happen,” he threatened, pushing him against the locker one last time before turning around.

The students in the hallway had separated for him, leaving the boy slumped on the ground alone. I ran towards him and kneeled on the ground, picking up his books.

“Are you okay, Junhong?” I asked, handing the books back to him. He sighed and took them from me, nodding. “Did you stay up again to do his homework again?”

He nodded again.

“You shouldn’t let him treat you like this,” I sighed. “I know you’re smart Junhong, but you shouldn’t be doing his homework every day.”

“B-but it’s fine, really I-“

“I don’t care. He makes you do it because he knows you’re smart. You skipped a ing grade, for goodness sake!” I said, reaching out a hand to pull him up.  Junhong took it and lifted himself up off the ground.

“Well sorry for being smart, hyung,” he mumbled, brushing at his clothes. “I’m fine, really. I’m used to it now.”

“That’s not a good thing, Junhong,” I sighed, brushing the hair out of his face. Something felt damp beneath my hand. I pulled away, looking at my fingertips.

Blood.

“That ing ,” I growled, stomping my way down the hall. Junhong chased after me, pulling on my arm.

“D-don’t do it, Jongup,” he stuttered, “s-seriously it’s okay, it’s just a bit of-“

“JUNG DAEHYUN,” I screamed, and everybody in the hallway turned to look at me.

“Is he crazy?”

“Nobody talks like that to Daehyun. Nobody!”

“Does he want to get killed?”

The older boy turned around at the mention of his name, eyebrows raised, curious as to who would have the guts to speak in that manner to him. Slowly, he walked towards me, smirking when he saw Junhong tugging at my arm.

“Oh? This kid is a friend of yours?” he asked, and Junhong cowered under his gaze. I glared at him and took a step closer, pointing a finger at his chest.

“Yes, this kid is my best friend,” I spat, “and I am sick and tired of you beating him up every day. How about you do your own ing homework for once?”

The whole hallway was silent, and everybody turned to stare at us; anticipating Daehyun’s response.

However, Daehyun blinked, before taking a step back.

“Okay,” he said, “I’ll stop.”

The whole hallway looked at him; eyes wide open and mouths dropped. Even I was looking at him like that. Daehyun looked around and shrugged, before turning around.

“Sorry, Jongup. I didn’t know he was a friend of yours.”

The hallway split for him once again, and I watched as he walked away from us with his back turned. The whole hallway started buzzing as soon as he left, and Junhong was tugging on my arm.

Hyung, Hyung! THE Jung Daehyun apologized to you! Wow, I can’t believe….”

My best friend went on and on, rambling about what had just happened. I didn’t hear a single word he said though, because one thought was running through my head.

 

How did he know my name?

 

 

The rest of the day went on smoothly. Well, if you call being pestered by every single person in this school smooth. By the end of the day, the whole school had found out what happened. People were congratulating me, or telling me that I was their idol. Honestly, was it that big of a deal? I was surprised that Daehyun backed down so easily too, but am I really an idol just because I stood up to him? 

That one thought still bothered me though. How would the Jung Daehyun know my name? He’s two years older than I am, and never in my life have I even talked to him before this day. I wasn’t popular, I wasn’t on any school teams. I was a wallflower. Nobody paid attention to me.

So why would he know my name?

Well even if he didn’t know my name before, he’d know now. Along with his name, mine was whispered around the halls. Stares were thrown my way, but I was used to it by last block. So when I went to my locker and felt eyes on me, I shrugged them off. It wasn’t until I slammed my locker door shut did I realize why everybody was looking at me.

“What the are yo-“ Daehyun covered my mouth before I could finish, and I glared at him. He rolled his eyes, before looking around the hallway and ordering everybody to leave. They all hurriedly emptied the hallway, leaving the two of us alone.

Daehyun took his hand off my mouth, and I wiped my lips with the back of my hand. “What do you want,” I growled, “come back to beat me up? Well go ahead, I’m not-“

“Go out with me.”

“I said I’m not- WAIT WHAT?” I spluttered, choking on my own spit. “Why the would I want to go out with you?!”

“Because anybody would kill to go on a date with me?” he said back, crossing his arms.

“No way in hell will I go out with you,” I laughed, rolling my eyes and turning around to leave.

“I won’t stop beating up your friend if you don’t.”

I froze in spot, turning back around to look at him. “Oh, so now you’re blackmailing me?” I spat, and he shrugged.

“What was his name? Junhong?” he asked, stepping towards me. “He’s a smart kid. Why should I stop making him do my work for me?”

We stared at each other, before I threw my hands up in exasperation. “Fine. I’ll go on a date with you. But just one date. After that, I don’t want to deal with you anymore.”

“Okay,” he smiled, walking past me. “I’ll pick you up at 6!”

“Wait, pick me up where?” I called after him, but he was out the door already.

I sighed, before hitting my head against the locker.

What have I gotten myself into?

 

 

Right now it is currently 5:55pm and I was running around my room looking for something to wear. No, that shirt doesn’t go with these pants. Is this too formal? Wait, why do I even care? I thought to myself, pausing to look in the mirror.

I care because I don’t want to go out looking like a mess. Yeah, that’s right. It has nothing to do with Daehyun, I nodded to my reflection, fixing my hair a bit.

The doorbell rang and I could feel my heart beating faster. I’m not nervous. Why would I be nervous? It’s just one date that I was ing blackmailed into.

The thoughts didn’t stop me from running towards the door though.

Calm down, Jongup. Act normal.

I opened the door slowly, glaring at him as soon as it opened. My glare wavered though when I saw the bouquet of flowers in his hands.

“For you,” he said, and I took them hesitantly from him; putting them on the floor inside my house.

“L-lets get this over with,” I stuttered, sticking my hands into my pockets. Daehyun sighed and nodded, leading me towards his car. He opened the door for me and I carefully got in. He got into the driver’s seat and we drove off in an awkward silence; his eyes occasionally glancing towards me.

“How did you know where I lived?” I asked, and he shrugged.

“I asked a couple of people,” he answered. There was another long silence, before I spoke up again.

“Where are we going?”

“Just… Somewhere,” he nodded, causing me to sigh.

“You know it’d be nice if you’d talk to me since you blackmailed me on this date in the first place,” I said, holding in a pout.

Daehyun laughed breathily. “I’m sorry,” he said, shaking his head. “I’m just a bit… Nervous I guess.”

“Nervous?” I asked, staring at him questionably. “Why would you be nervous?”

“Ah...” he bit his lip, “Nevermind. We’re here.” He parked the car next to a lamp post, hurriedly getting out to open the door for me. I wrapped my scarf around my face, hoping to hide the blush that was slowly creeping on my face. Why is he being so sweet to me?

He reached out a hand to pull me out, but I shook my head and stepped out on my own. “Where are we?”

Daehyun didn’t answer, and instead walked in front of me. I followed behind him, almost bumping into him when he stopped abruptly.

“Why’d you stop so-“ I started, before my jaw dropped at the sight before my eyes. “D-Daehyun…”

We were right by the shore of the Han River, the bridge shadowing over our heads. Right underneath of the bridge was a blanket, along with a couple large candles lit up; facing the moonlit river. He sat down on the blanket, before patting the spot next to him. I sat down carefully, trying not to knock over the candles.

“W-why…” I began, and once again he didn’t answer. What happened to the cocky jerk he was at school?

“I come to this spot a lot to think,” he said quietly. “It’s my special place, so I thought I’d share it with you.”

“What do you come here to think about?” I questioned, looking at his face properly for the first time that night. I regretted doing it immediately though, because under the moonlight his face was… mesmerizing.

The moonlight made his face glow; illuminating his features. The light dust of pink on his cheeks, his full lips curved into a small smile.

I couldn’t stop staring.

I coughed and looked away when I realized what I was doing. My face is probably bright red right now.

Daehyun chewed on his lip a bit, before continuing. “I don’t know,” he said. “Family, friends….” His voice faded off into silence, and I played around with my fingers. The air was cold that night, and I could feel the heat radiating off of him. Part of me wanted to move closer to him, but the other part was stopping me. I shouldn’t be reacting this way to him.

“Jongup…” he whispered, and I looked down at my knees when I felt his gaze on me. “I’m not like what you think I am. That isn’t me.”

“What isn’t you?” I chuckled, “The who beats up kids every day?”

He nodded. “I don’t think you’ll believe me, but that isn’t me. I’m not like that.”

Daehyun stared at me, his eyes pleading as if they were begging for me to believe him.

“I believe you,” I said, and his eyes widened.

“R-really? How come?” He asked. “Why would you believe me when I’ve been beating up your best friend for the last few months?”

“Because if you were really like that you wouldn’t have gone through all this,” I gestured around us with my hands, “just for me.”  

He smiled towards me, and I felt my heart skip a beat. No Jongup, don’t be weak around him.

“Thank you for believing me, Jongup,” he said quietly.  He scooched a bit closer towards me, and I held in a breath when our shoulders touched. We sat in silence for the hundredth time that night, and I was really hoping my heart wasn’t beating loud enough for him to hear.

“You… You like dancing right?” Daehyun asked, and I looked at him, surprised.

“How did you know that?”

“I…Heard,” he blushed, before getting up and holding an arm out towards me. I accepted it this time and stood up to face him. Daehyun fumbled around his pocket before taking out his phone, playing a random slow song.

“C-can I… Have this dance…” he mumbled shyly, his face beet red. I was pretty sure my face matched his though when I nodded and took his hand in mine.

We danced around awkwardly, hand in hand, without even casting a glance at each other. He stepped on my foot and I stepped on his, apologies after apologies were muttered along with small giggles. The small giggles grew to loud laughs when the music changed to a loud pop song, and the both of us tripped over each other and fell to the ground in hysterics.

“Oh g-god, I’m sorry,” Daehyun breathed in between laughs, “That just r-ruined the whole moment.”

“I-it’s okay,” I giggled, holding onto his arm from laughing still. We spent a good 5 minutes just sitting there, laughing, before we eventually calmed down.

I don’t know how it happened, but somewhere in between our laughing fit my head laid itself on Daehyun’s shoulder. Neither of us complained though, so we just stayed in that position.

“D-daehyun,” I whispered, and he glanced at me, raising an eyebrow.  “Why me? Why would you bring me out here, when you have all the people you want chasing after you already?”

“They only want me for my looks,” he muttered. “Even when I act like the world’s biggest douche bag they still obsess over me just because I’m ‘handsome’. They don’t love me for who I really am because nobody knows what I’m really like.”  

There were tears forming in his eyes, and right then I saw Jung Daehyun in a completely different light.

“I…I think I know,” I whispered, slowly inching my hand towards his.

I put my hand on his, lacing our fingers together.

 

 

“I like the real you a lot better.”

 

 

 

When Daehyun dropped me off at my house, he opened the car door for me again; intertwining our fingers together as we walked to my front door.

“I had fun today,” he said while I grabbed my key to unlock the door.

“I-I did too,” I said quietly, and he separated his hand from mine reluctantly.

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow, Jongup,” he smiled sadly, and I gave him a small smile back.

“Yeah. See you tomorrow,” I said, opening the door.

He began to turn around to leave, but I tugged on his arm.

“Uhm, Daehyun?” I asked, and he looked at me confusingly.

“Yes?”

“I-I’m glad you blackmailed me into this,” I whispered, before kissing him on the cheek.

 

 

“Y-yeah. I-I’m glad I did too.”

                                       

 

                                              

 


I didn't include how Daehyun seemed to know so much about Jongup because that would have added more boring parts to this >< but basically Daehyun's liked Jongup for a while because he doesn't get a lot of attention unlike himself, and Daehyun likes how he doesn't care about that stuff. But yes that's basically it ^^