Dance with Me

It's Your World. Have It Your Way. [REQUEST BOX OPEN]

 

Requested by: animeotakupooh

 

Description: Henry, Hyoyeon, and Rhea have been friends since middle school. The three connected in high school so well because they all have one major thing in common.

The love of dancing.

Dreaming of being on stage, wow-ing the crowd, and especially become a legendary dancer/choreographer. Their dreams finally felt achievable when they were specially chosen to be SM trainees after they won a dance competition.

But new factor poses to bring a new relationship between Henry and . . . .

 

Characters:

Henry Lau: 18 / unpredictable but in a good way

 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon:18 / funny / bright and outstanding (just like the colorful highlights in her hair)

 

 

 

Rhea (You/OC): 17 / shy when put under pressure or really nervous / friendly and all around great

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Hyoyeon and Rhea got back from school and went to Hyoyeon’s house. They were discussing Rhea’s ‘problem’. (It’s only a problem in Rhea’s mind)

 

“Just say yes.”

“But why would he ask me. You’re the best dancer out of all the trainees.” Rhea sat down on the couch after she came back from getting water. “If I did become his dance partner, I would just bring him down.”

“It’s obvious why he asked you, instead of me! He-”

“Don’t you dare say it.”

“He-”

“Stop.”

“Likes-”

“Don’t!”

“He likes-“

“Unnie!” Rhea glared towards her.

“Okay, fine! I won’t say it.” Hyoyeon threw her arms up then crossed her legs. She watched Rhea drink some of her water. “He likes you!” She ran and locked herself in the bathroom.

“ARGH!!” Rhea almost choked. “He does not!!” She threw her head back and looked up towards the ceiling. *I don’t think he does.*

 

 

After that never ending conversion, Rhea noticed that it was time to get to practice. She and Hyoyeon grabbed their stuff and headed out the door. Hyoyeon decided to drive since they were going to be late if they took the bus. Rhea had to endure 20 minutes of Hyoyeon going on about Henry liking her.

“He likes you and I know that you like him. I can tell because you start turning red when I bring up his name.”

Rhea huffed and looked out the window.

“Ha, your ears are turning red. I was right!” Hyoyeon said. “And that’s why you two should start dating, then get married and have little dancing Henrys and Rheas around your beautiful house. No, dancing and singing Rheas.” Hyoyeon stopped at the red light. “How come you didn’t tell me you could sing? I heard you in the shower when you stayed over yesterday. You sound great, so you should also sign up for signing lessons. Henry will be surprise to know his future wife has an amazing voice.” Hyoyeon commented as the light turned green.

As Hyoyeon continued with her ideal of Henry and Rhea getting married, Rhea was on the verge of banging her head against the dashboard of the car.

“YES! You two should get married. I can picture the both of you in Paris just lovin’ all over each other.”

Rhea was practically dying inside. Luckily, Hyoyeon finally drove into SM Entertainment. “THANK GOD, WE’RE HERE!!!!!” Rhea was too quick to hop out the car.

“Wait for me, Mrs. Rhea Lau!”

 

 

Rhea burst through the doors to get away from Hyoyeon. Unfortunately, Hyoyeon’s last shout could be heard through the bullet proof glass doors. The staff and some of the trainee glanced/glared toward Rhea. Rhea hung her head down in shame. Covering her face, she walked (more like a fast passed jog) to the practice room. She greeted the trainees then sat near the window, waiting for practice to start. Hyoyeon slipped through the doors before the teacher closed them and started practice.

“As you all remember, I asked you to find somebody to do a dance number with. And that I’d tell you more details tomorrow, which is today. That means today’s assignment will be simple, so will the rest of the week.  Group with your partner, and choreograph a hip hop or jazz dance. This assignment will turn into a competition that will take place on Saturday. You will be judged on creativity, and on how clean and sharp your moves are. ” The teacher clapped. “Get to work.”

 

Rhea spotted Henry across the room. He smiled and did do this weird point and eyebrow raise thing.

 

 

*Okay, I will be his partner. Not because I like him. It’s because he is my best friend and I’d rather work with him than a random trainee.* Rhea thought as Henry walked over to her. Rhea got out of her chair then realized a boy standing next to her.

“Um, would you like to pair up with me?” he said, nervously.

“Sorry. We are already partners.” Henry slung his arm across Rhea’s shoulders. “You don’t mind do you?”

“Nah, that’s okay.” The guy walked away.

Henry looked down towards Rhea and poked her cheek. “You are my partner, right?”

“Yeah.” Rhea’s answer made Henry smile. Rhea turned away making Henry notice her red ears. *Aigoo~ So cute.* He pinched her cheeks.

“Aish. Shouldn’t you love birds be coming up with a whole dance routine?” Hyoyeon said as she came over. Henry broke apart from Rhea. “Being all mushy won’t make a new routine fall into your lap.” Hyoyeon wagged her finger then sent a wink towards Rhea.

“Yep, that’s right.” Rhea grabbed Henry’s hand and led him as far away from Hyoyeon as possible. “Come on, Henry.”

 

Henry’s smile never faded as he and Rhea came up and practiced their routine. Rhea found it a little creepy but, late on, thought it was cute when he would make little mistakes during the dance. When Rhea would laugh at him, his smile would just get that much wider.

Once lunch time came around, they decided to get lunch nearby at a café. They finished and headed back to SM. After a few more hours of practicing, the teacher came back in a said everyone could go home early if they wanted.

 

“You leaving?” Henry asked as he wiped the sweat from his forehead.

“Yeah.” Rhea stood up and unplugged the CD player. “I have homework I need to finish.”

Henry nodded and walked towards his bag. He leaned against a wall to catch his breathe. Rhea packed up and was ready to go before Hyoyeon came in.

“Rhea, ready to go?” She asked then smiled and waved at Henry. “Hey!” Henry muscled up some strength to wave back. Hyoyeon noticed that Rhea’s back was turn. She jabbed her finger towards Rhea while mouthing words to Henry.  When Henry rolled his eyes then mouthed back a ‘No’, she raised her eyebrows and nodded her head. She shuffled over and pulled Henry to his feet. Well, tried to. It only ended up with Henry being dragged along the floor.

“Come on, Henry!  Just ask her out!!” Hyoyeon whispered, lightly smacked his wrists.

“No way. She will just say no.” Henry tried to put his weight down to make it difficult for Hyoyeon.

“You’ll never know if you don’t ask.” Hyoyeon tried with all her might to make Henry get up. He was just wiggling around, which made it more difficult.

 

“Umm, what are you two doing?” Rhea said, making Hyoyeon drop Henry’s arms.

“Ha! Huh, Nuthin’.” She nervously said. “Henry has something he wants to ask you.” She smiled and pointed down to Henry who was rubbing his hurt arms. “Uh, yeah. So I’ll be in the car, Rhea. Bye, Henry!” She dashed out the room.

Rhea blankly stared at Henry. He started to blush when she unknowingly tilted her head to the side and puffed her cheeks. *Jeez, why does she have to be so cute at a time like this?*He got up then walked back over to his stuff. “Umm . . . You’re coming to school tomorrow right?”

Rhea slowly nodded her head.

“Ok, that’s all. Bye.” Henry left. He ran down the hall then turned into the hall on the left. He pressed his back against the wall while banging his head back on the wall. *So stupid. ‘Are you coming to school tomorrow’ Aish, what the hell was that?* Henry face-palmed his forehead. *She’s going to think I’m such a loser.* Running his fingers through his hair, Henry left SM Entertainment.

 

“So what did he say?” Hyoyeon asked as soon as Rhea got in the car.

“He asked if I was still going to school tomorrow.”

Hyoyeon’s mouth dropped in disbelief. “That’s it?!?”

“Yeah.” Rhea put her seatbelt on. Hyoyeon mentally scolded Henry as she started the car, and drove off.

 

 

~~~

 

~THE  NEXT  DAY  AT  SCHOOL~

Rhea opened her locker to grab her stuff for class. She closed her locker then looked up to see Henry standing next to her. “Oh, Hi.” *He kind of started me. How long was he standing there?*

“Hey, can I walk you to class?” Henry asked.

“Yeah.” Rhea and henry walked to Rhea’s first class. But, Henry was slowly trailing behind. He scratched the back of his head and nervously bit his lip.

*Come on, Henry! Just ask her.* He opened his mouth but nothing came out. *Damn.*

 

“Henry.”

“y-Yeah!” Henry looked at Rhea then noticed a frown coming across her face.

“It feels like I’m walking by myself as you’re stalking behind me.” Rhea said. “What’s wrong?”

Henry’s face softened. “Nothing. It’s just that . . .”

“What?”

Henry took a deep breath and exhaled. “I . . . URGH!!” *Why can’t I make words come out of my damned mouth? So frustrating.*

Henry looked straight at Rhea. He grabbed her hand and jogged toward her next class. Rhea almost tripped but kept up with Henry for the most part. “Henry?!?”

He stopped right in front of the class room door. He turned and said, “IhavesomethingIwanttoask. Waitformeafterclass.” Henry swiftly moved pass Rhea and ran in the other direction.

“What in the . . .?”

Rhea stared down the hall as she tried to make sense of everything. When the bell rang, she went in her classroom as she started to smile. *Silly Henry.*

 

 

Henry was near his class when he suddenly stopped running. He glanced down at his hand then pumped his fist in the air. *I held her hand!* He did a victory dance, not realizing the other students could see him thru the hallway window. The teacher tapped on the glass which made Henry jump up in surprise. He quickly entered the classroom and took his seat.

“I don’t know what’s so good about being late to class.” the teacher mumbled.

 

 

Rhea sat down in assigned seat and listen to the teacher’s lecture. Some of the other students stared towards her direction wondering what’s got her in such a mood that has a smile stuck on her face. Hyoyeon noticed and thought of Henry. *Only Henry can make her smile that wide.* She turned back around in her seat. *Even her ears were turning red.*

 

 

                        ~ AFTER  CLASS ~

Rhea walked out of the classroom and waited for Henry. Someone tapped on her shoulder so she looked right, but nothing was there.

“Hi.”

Rhea turned around to find Henry beaming down at her. “Hey. You wanted to ask me something?”

Henry nodded. “Let’s go to the rooftop.”

Rhea and Henry walked down the hallway then went through the door that leads to the rooftop. Rhea walked up to the side of the building and held her arms apart. *Ah, it’s feels like I’m flying.*

“You must be a reincarnation of a bird.” Henry laughed to himself. Rhea laughed along because she heard him. “Rhea.” Henry called. Rhea turned back around and stared towards him. He looked down, stuffed his hands in his pockets, and shifted his feet.

“I like you.” He looked up and watched Rhea’s reaction. “I like you a lot. For a while now.” He took a step forward and continued. “I was wondering . . . if I can take you out.”

 

He cleared his throat then continued. “I’ll show you a good time. I don’t mean as friends, but like a couple-”

“Wait!” Rhea said. “Did you just ask me out?”

“Yeah. We’ll be boyfriend and girlfriend.” Henry shrugged his shoulders. “. . . if you want to be with me.”

“I would love to be your girlfriend.” Rhea stepped closer, being only two feet away from Henry.

“So . . .” Henry took another forward. “Does that mean I can kiss you now?”

“Yes.” She stepped forward. Henry reached up to gently stoke her cheek as he slowly leaned in. He kissed her lips. Smiling, Rhea kissed him back which made Henry grabbed hold of the back of her neck.

 

“FINALLY!”

Breaking away, Henry and Rhea jumped into surprise at the loud shout, only to see Hyoyeon cheering.

“Thank goodness.” Hyoyeon made her way over to the new couple. “Sorry, Henry, but if I had to listen to ‘Rhea look so y today’, ‘Did you see the way she smiled?’, ‘She’s so pretty’, or ‘I want her as my girlfriend’ stories one more time, I would’ve smacked you.”

Rhea turned to Henry in shock. She never knew Henry had such strong feeling for her. A little embarrassed, Henry slightly blushed and scratched the back of his head. Emotionally touched, Rhea stretched up and kissed him on the cheek. *So cute. * Rhea smiled then Henry smiled back in return.

 

“You two just got together, and you’re already being super mushy.” Hyoyeon commented. “But, since I am happy for you guys, let’s go celebrate. My treat.”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This took me 4ever to write, but I hope you enjoyed it. (There might be some typing errors in there. I'll fix them later.)

Comment / Subscribe