Vacation

It's Your World. Have It Your Way. [REQUEST BOX OPEN]

Requested by paula1988

Description: Annabelle and five year old her daughter, Mel, go on a vacation. One reason because Annabelle is a fashion clerk by day but a burlesque dancer at night. And another other reason being that she hasn't been spending enough time with her daughter. She didn't even notice her daughter was listening to pop music, in a different language no less. (She didn't judge because as long as Mel is happy, she's happy.)
She decides to surprise Mel with tickets to South Korea, so she can go to one of her favorite band (ZE:A) live in concert. Working for four days straight was worth seeing her daughter 'fangirl' and getting a big bear hug. But she gets something else that makes everything that much better . . . 

Characters: ZE:A's Kevin Kim / Annabelle (OC) / Mel (OC)

 

 

Kevin (Kim JiYeop) - 25 years old

 

 

Annabelle / Anna - 25 years old

 

 

 

Mel / Maddy (Madeleine Lorraine Lavigne) - 5 years old

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Mel, you got to stay close. Mommy is not familiar with any of these people." Annabelle sighed as she griped onto Maddy's, her daughter, small hand. *So glad I used to do work in Korea! I would have been screwed if I didn't know any Korean.*

"Arraso, Umma." Maddy says. *Aww, her Korean accent is so cute.I'm glad she's learning what I taught her. Hopefully, it be useful when she grows up.* Annabelle and Madeleine made it to the concert hall with any problems. Annabelle is some what excited to her this ZE:A band her daughter talks about nonstop. Who knows, maybe she'll end liking them, too.

 

They checked in and got their tickets. A person there announced that since it was a special event for the band, they will pick out people to hang out with the band. Of course, Maddy pulled her mom towards the table so she could sign up for the event. Annabelle grabbed a sheet and filled out all the info needed for Maddy. 

"Mommy, fill out your info."

"Why would I want to hang out with the members?"

"Because if mommy gets picked, I will have to go with her. I go where you go, right?" Maddy said. Now, Annabelle remembers. She told Maddy that when she had to go run errands. *My own daughter! Twisting my words to her own advantage.*

She filled out another sheet, then went to go find their seat when she was finished. Walking down the isles, she realized that everyone had nice, colorful signs. *Woah. Serious dedication there. Respect.* She walked pass people, and finally got to the seats. Maddy was jumping up and down in her seat as she 'patiently' waited for the concert. Annabelle took out her camera and took a picture of the funny sight sitting next to her. They were in their own world, but then the lights went out. 

 

"Is everyone ready for a great time?" A guy said dressed in a super fancy suit shouted through the mic. He was hyping up the crowd, getting them pumped up for ZE:A. Maddy was about the highest pitched person in the crowd as she screamed as much as her little five year old body could.

 

"What? I don't think the band members can hear you!!!" The crowd got louder as their anticipation to see the group rose.

The stage went dark and nine boy appeared when the light flashed back on. A faint sound could be heard throughout the place, echoing off the walls. As the music got louder, one of the boys turned around and showcased his talents. He moved freely with the beat then showed off his fluid movements as the tempo increased. The crowd went wild.  Another boy on the other side of the stage turned around and started to sing. The dancing boy made his way to the center, the others turned around and danced along with the guy from before. The song continued as the group sang and did the choreography. 

*This group has got real talent. I think I will end up liking them, after all.* Annabelle thought to herself. Clapping and humming along, she danced around a bit in her seat. She looked to her side and saw Maddy doing some kind of dance to the song. They were really enjoying themselves.

 

After a few more songs, they took a five minute break. The crowd sighed and booed (a little) in disappointment but them the announcer from earlier said there will be a chance to get to know the members then they will choose who won in the special event. Annabelle got up and stretched while Maddy sat back into her seat. She was coming down from her high excitement levels. 

"Having fun?" Annabelle asked as she wiped off Maddy's sweat from her forehead with a handkerchief. Maddy shot out her seat and pumped her fist in the air. "I guess so." Annabelle chuckled a little.

The lights dimmed back down and the guy in the fancy suit came back on stage with the nine boys following him. They all introduced themselves before they answered question sent in by their fans. Later, they showed off their personal talents. Some either danced, sang, or rapped. But one told the crowd that he knew multiple language and fluently spoke all four languages fluently. *Impressive*

 

Once they finished, they brought out a box that was filled with the sheets the people filled out earlier. The crowd get really loud then. Whispering among themselves how they hope they get picked, and they love one special member and etc. Maddy was standing up, holding her hands together as if she's changing the future to where she gets picked to hang out with the members.

Each member pulled a ticket from the box and read off the names and seat numbers. Maddy's shoulders fell and pouted. "Mommy they didn't call off our numbers." She cuddled up into Annabelle's lap. Annabelle rubbed her back and said comforting word to try and make her happy again.

 

"Everyone who has been called can come backstage but before that ZE:A has two more surprises for you all." the guys in the fancy suit said. Maddy stuck out her tongue and blew a raspberry.

"Each member has decide to show off their cute side, and then they have a special song to sing for you." 

 

Fangirl screams and shouts filled the whole place. Doing a 180 degree change, Maddy lifted her head of Annabelle's shoulder and widely smile. "Did you hear that? ZE:A going to sing for me!!!" Maddy got up and leaned onto the seat in front of her.

Annabelle smiled and laughed along as each member showed their aegyo. The rest of the crowd were certainly enjoying themselves, taking photos and videos of the members. Maddy giggled as she mirrored their actions.

"Mommy, am I cute?" She rubbed her fist in her cheeks as she flashed the cutest missing-two-front-teeth smile.

"Aww ~ Look at my cute daughter!!!" Annabelle picked her up and tickled her sides. Maddy gave her a hug then turned her attention back to the boys. *Is my daughter choosing boys over me, already?*

 

After the 'aegyo showcase' was over and ZE:A sang a song dedicated to the fans, everyone relaxed in their seat before   getting up to leave. Maddy grabbed on the Annabelle's hand and walked out of the concert hall. They decide to sight see around the neighborhood, since they are visiting Korea. They saw a lot of cool stuff. Monuments, tall and Impressive buildings, street performance, and etc. Annabelle bought Maddy some little stuff along the way like a barrette, a hat, two stuffed animals, and 'I Love Korea' t-shirt.

 

"Are you still sad about not getting picked?" Annabelle asked.

Maddy shook her head and held her stuffed animals tighter. "I have two new friends to play with!" Annabelle smiled and pinched Maddy's cheek. They walked back to the hotel and went up to their room. Maddy fell out across the bed, super tired from today. Annabelle washed up in the bathroom before getting dressed for bed. She came out finished to see Maddy passed out on the bed. *She didn't even put her PJs on.*

Annabelle pulled out the covers and got in the bed. She reached over to make sure Maddy was tucked in. She brushed back the hair in her face and kissed her forehead. *I hope you had lots of fun today. Sweet dreams.* Annabelle moved further under the cover, and she drifted off to sleep.

 


 

~~ MORNING ~~

 

 

 

"Wake up, Maddy. Come on."

Maddy turned over and saw her mom dressed with breakfast in her hands. "I got breakfast. I wonder who will help me eat all this?" Maddy jumped out off bed and went over to the table. 

"Thanks, mommy." Maddy reached over the able to grab a fork. She looked over everything before picking up some of everything. "Yummy."

 

"Don't eat too fast. You'll get a stomach ache."

Annabelle went to the bathroom and when she got out, she said "We're going out, so when you're done, go and get dressed."

Maddy looked up. "Why? Can't we just stay in for awhile longer?"

"I'm buying us new things ~~"

 

At the sound of 'buying', Maddy was up out of her seat and rummaging through her little suitcase for some clothes. She ran into the bathroom. After a few minutes, she was out and ready to leave. "Come on. Let's go buy me new stuff-- I mean, us. Let's go buy us new stuff." She flashed an innocent smile as Annabelle got her purse and headed for the door. "Let's go." She held out her hand, and Maddy grabbed it on her way out.

 

They left the hotel and headed down random streets to shop at the store around the city. Around noon, they had a few bags filed with all kinds of stuff. Annabelle was looking around in another shop, before she turned around and noticed something missing. She looked down and saw that Maddy was not standing next to her. *Wait. She was here two seconds ago. Aw man, where did see go?* 

 

She looked around the whole store twice. On the third search, she found her talking and laughing with some strange man.

"Madeleine Lorraine Lavigne!" 

Maddy jumped up and turned round in surprise. She smiled and said, "Look, Mommy. Look! It's Ji Yeop, from ZE:A!!" She tugged on Annabelle's shirt and pulled her to Ji Yeop. The man stood up and held out his hand.

 

"Hi, I'm Ji Yeop, but please, call me Kevin." *Is this Mel's mom? She gorgeous.*

Annabelle shook his hand and looked down at Maddy who's eyes lit up as she looked over to Ji Yeop. Maddy jumped up and down as she said, "Remember the thing you signed up for? I did win, mommy. I'm having fun with one of the members from ZE:A." She squealed in excitement. "Earlier, he said I was cute. He said You're such a cute little girl. He called me cute!!" 

Ji Yeop laughed as he patted her head. "I was wondering where her parents were, so I thought it would be better if we stayed in one place." 

"Thank you. She tends to wonder off sometimes." Annabelle took Maddy's hand. Walking away, Annabelle quietly scolded Maddy for wandering away from her.

 

 Jiyeop ran to catch up with them. He offered to take both of them on a tour around the city. Annabelle was hesitant at first, but after the constant pleading from Maddy, she gave in. Walking behind Jiyeop, Annabelle said to Maddy, "Please, don't leave my side unless you tell me. You really scared me." Annabelle said, which made Maddy apologize. 

"Come on, keep up you two."

Maddy ran to him, he picked her up and offered to buy her ice cream. Annabelle nodded, wanting some ice cream herself. As soon as they walked into the store, all eyes were on Jiyeop. *Is he really that popular?*

 

Maddy picked out her favorite ice cream, and so did Jiyeop. He asked for extra scoop when he put Maddy down to get out his wallet. Even though Annabelle told him he didn't have to, Jiyeop paid for the ice cream. They walked to a table and enjoyed their ice cream. 

"Thanks for all this. Even though you didn't have to do this, you still did it. I really do appreciate all your kindness."

"Seriously there's no need to thank me. I'm having fun hanging out with Mel." He said as he patted her head. She smiled with ice cream all over her face. "Aigoo, so messy." he took a napkin and wiped her face. On the inside, Maddy was screaming her head off, but in the outside she smiled ear to ear then went back to eating her ice cream.

"You did you call her 'Mel'?" Annabelle asked.

"Her name's Madeleine, right? I thought Mel would be easier, and a cute nickname for her." Jiyeop said as he finished up his ice cream.

 

After they finished the ice cream, Jiyeop gave them a tour. To her surprise, Annabelle really enjoyed Jiyeop company. He kept Maddy entertained while he showed them the popular and some unknown, yet awesome, places to go to. They saw the best parts of the city before Jiyeop remembered what the best place everyone should go when coming to Korea. He called over a cab and took them over to the best place he knew.

 

Lotte World.

 

They arrived and Jiyeop paid the taxi man. Maddy's jaw dropped and her eyes widened, almost rolling out of the sockets at the sight of the theme park.

"What . . . What is-- What is this magic?" she said slowly, gaining the use of knowing how to use words.

"Lotte World. There are a whole bunch of awesome rides. I thought you'd enjoy it."

"This is . . . " Maddy's smile would have stretched off her face if it could. "HEAVEN!!" she screamed as she enter in and stood in line. Annabelle and Jiyeop ran to catch up with her. Finally up to the front, Jiyeop pulled out his wallet then realize Annabelle beat him to the punch and paid the entry fee already.

 

"I brought you both here so let me--"

"No really, I wanted to. Anyways, forgot that. Let's have fun. Seriously look at this place, where do we even start?" Annabelle looked around and saw lines for all the rides but the seemed to be moving fast. *I guess we came on a good day.*

Jiyeop ran to get a map and point out the best place for some small like Maddy could go. Her short height prevented her from most rides but Jiyeop found a lot she could enjoy. They walked over and they were greeted by two of the theme parks's employees.

 

"Welcome to the Kids' Center."

 

Jiyeop and Annabelle sat at a near by table while Maddy laughed and smiled as she ran up to go on the rides. The employee helped her into her seat, then left to turn on the ride. Annabelle laughed as she waved to Maddy enjoying the ride.

"Cotton candy?" Jiyeop held out a stick of blue cotton candy. 

"When did you get that?"

"Just now, while you were watching Maddy." Jiyeop broke of a piece and held it out for Annabelle. He smiled as Annabelle took the piece and ate it. She hadn't had cotton candy in a long time. For some reason she feels young today. *What in the world? I'm only 25. ~ This guy is like a big kid himself, maybe that's why Maddy likes him so much. How old is he anyway? 23? 25? Either way, he's good looking. * She smiled at her last thought which made Jiyeop raise his eyebrow at her.

 

"Penny for you thoughts?"

"Huh, oh. Nothing." Annabelle wouldn't dare let him know that she was smiling at the thought of him. "I was thinking about Maddy. That's all." 

"You really love her, don't you?"

"Of course I love her. She's my everything. Some people even say that she looks like me, but I don't see it. We have the same eyes, but other than that, she has more of her father's resemblance. She has dark brown hair just like him." Jiyeop noticed that a frown appeared on Annabelle face as she was talking. "Her father died . . . in a freak car accident."

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"No, it's okay. I've had to become her mother and her father."

"You deserved a reward."

Annabelle ate her last piece of cotton candy as she said, "She's my reward."

"All I can give you is more cotton candy. Is that as good?" Jiyeop held out the cotton candy, and Annabelle took some more.

"Yeah. Plus, you've done a lot of stuff already." 

Annabelle and Jiyeop continued talking while Maddy rode on as many rides as she could. Well, she rode about two of the same rides multiple times. Not like that bothered her, for as long as she was having fun, she didn't care what ride she was on. Annabelle was glad to see her daughter enjoying herself. Makes the long, hard nights working with no sleep worth it. 

 

 

"Would the lovely couple like a photo?" a photographer said. He held up a camera and motioned for them to get closer.

"Um, we are not---"

"Like this." Jiyeop came closer and rest the side of his head against Annabelle's and held up a peace sign. Annabelle thought fast and smiled. The photographer took the photo then gave it to Jiyeop. He fanned it, then examined the photo. "Oh, it looks nice."

Annabelle leaned in closer and saw that the photo actually did look nice. Jiyeop took out his phone to snapped a picture of the it. He pressed around on the screen before showing it to Annabelle. The photo was set as his wallpaper.

 

"This will be a great memory." Jiyeop smiled as he looked at his screen again. "Yeah, this is great."

Annabelle blushed. *Why am I letting him get to me? Jeez, it's not like he's 'special' or anything.*

 

Jiyeop was looking down at his screen when he actually noticed what time it was. "Woah, since when did 3 o'clock hit? Are you hungry?"

"Now that you mention it, I am kind of hungry. But I don't think Maddy is going to part from the rides and her new friends." Annabelle pointed to Maddy driving in one of the kiddy bumper cars. She was crashing around into anything, but for the most part, she was having a lot of fun. When the ride was over, her and a few of the other kids ran over to go on the ride with 'flying cars'.

"At least she's having fun." Jiyeop laugh and got up from the table. "You want to eat lunch with me, then? I can get pizza right over there."

"Yeah."

"I'm going get an extra slice for Maddy. She might get hungry later on." Jiyeop said as he left. 

 

*I was about to give money but he refuses to let me pay. Hm, he is a true gentleman.* Annabelle was at the table then she looked around for Maddy. She moved over to the aquarium side. She was running and jumping around, chasing after some of the kids. Maddy saw her mom sitting over at a table, so she waved. Annabelle waved back but saw Maddy running towards her.

"Mommy, can we go on that together?" Maddy pointed over to the Ferris Wheel. "It looks like fun!"

Jiyeop came back with the food and set it down on the table. "Hey, Mel. You tired out yet?"

"No way!" Maddy took her head. "This place is awesome!!! How could I ever get tired?" Maddy looked at the table and realized the food on the table. She reached for the food and started to eat it. "Pizza. Yum!" 

Jiyeop picked her up and sat her down in a chair. Annabelle and Jiyeop started eating their food before realizing Maddy was one bit away from finishing her pizza.

"Someone was really hungry." Jiyeop said as he ate his pizza. Maddy nodded her head. She was waiting for her mom and Jiyeop to finish eating so they could ride the Ferris Wheel. Very excited, she was swinging her legs and jumping up and down in her seat.

"Aright, Maddy. I'm finished eating so let go." Annabelle got up and threw away her trash. "Okay, so where is the Ferris Wheel?" Maddy took her hand, and dragged her over to Ferris Wheel.

"Yah! Wait for me!!" Jiyeop stuffed the rest of his pizza in his mouth then caught up with them. He found them standing in line, waiting for their turn. After a few minutes, they turn came so they got into on of the passenger cars. Jiyeop and Annabelle sat next to each other on the bench while Maddy stood up looking out the window.The ride began to lift them up so they were able to see over everybody and everything. Maddy kept her face glued to the window. 

 

"So, am I a good tour guide?" Jiyeop nudged Annabelle.

"Yes. You're a great tour guide. Maddy certainly enjoyed herself."

"What about you?"

"I've had a great time since I got to see new shops and stuff. And, I got a chance to experience Lotte World. Seriously, this place alone is a great reason to visit."

"I'm glad." Jiyeop smiled. "If you'd like, I could . . . show you around again. Like . . . a date." Jiyeop nervously rubbed the back of his neck, hoping she would say yes.

"A date?" Annabelle couldn't believe her ears. "Like you and me?"

"Yeah. If you want."

Maddy whipped her head around and beamed towards Jiyeop. "Jiyeop and mommy on going to see each other again?" She smiled.

"That's if 'mommy' says yes."

Maddy looked at Annabelle. Her eyes winded as she shook her head, mentally telling her to say yes. Annabelle took a deep breathe before giving her response.

"Yes." 

Jiyeop smiled ear to ear in happiness while Annabelle hid her face because she was blushing. Maddy pumped her fist in the air as she ran over to them. "Yay!!!! That means I get to see Jiyeop again, because where ever mommy goes, I go."

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(~ 3,577 words)

Not going to lie but I forgot to post this the other day. I had it finished, spell checked it twice, then forgot to uncheck the 'Hide Chapter' box. Sorry ~~

If you ask me about the one-shot above all, I can tell you is that 'I'm not sure.' Seriously, something wrong with me lately. My writing skills are kind of -ish lately. I think I'm going on hiatus from this one shot collection for right now. (I'll still take requests, but since I'm back in school, I might not get to it/publish it for while. Yeah that , right? My homework pile is so high that I'm even take a break from Tumblr and TV. ~~ My life. . . Pfft, what life? You can thank school for that. I'll get back to writing [much] later on)

Is ZE:A popular, because this is the second one-shot I've done? I've heard of them but I never thought about looking them up and listening to their music.