Part 5 [edit]

Not Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He was angry, his usual pale face was bright red.  His chest heaved up and down from the anger.  It was going to be a very long day.  Manager walked towards the office as everyone followed, hanging their heads down in shame.

They all stood before Manager Kim’s table which was piled with paper work along with is white Mac laptop. He sat in his chair, twirling to YongGuk, and slamed a file of paper onto the table, pointing at it. “This is the entire schedule set for your debut week,” he examined their faces one by one, “but I can burn it in an instant and you all can give up on your dreams on being coming an idol.” The boys all lift their heads simultaneously in fright. “I won’t do that though,” he finally said, leaning back and crossed his arms, “you all had worked hard for this and I believe you can make it big. You might not think the same, but you all do have the same dream.” He looked at YongGuk with calmer eyes, “it must’ve been hard for you since HimChan dropped the leader role and passed it onto you.” YoungJae started to feel guilty for assuming for what he’d thought and for the words hesaid to YongGuk.

YongGuk held his head low again, “I’m sorry about what happened earlier.” He was sincere, having his hands folded in front of him, “it won’t happen again. I’ll look after the members well from now on.”

Manager Kim stood up, changing the subject, “I’m delaying your debut stage due to the issue that you guys aren’t getting along,” and they all looked disappointed. He took out a black, touch screen phone, and hand it to YongGuk, “In case of an emergency. Get back to work now.” He dismissed them.

While walking back into the recording studio, YoungJae stopped YongGuk by holding onto his elbow. YongGuk raised one of his thick and black eye brow, “what do you want?”

“I’m sorry about what I said earlier,” YoungJae stuttered, letting go of him. YongGuk pat his back, smiling, and went into the studio together.

Later that day, YoungJae went home after he was done with his schedule for the day. He the lights on his way to his room, grabbing his book from the neatly fixed bed, and lay down on the couch; comfortably relaxing reading the book. He read a few pages, flipping the thin tan page when he smells the same scent he’d smell the other day. He lifted his head away from the book, sniffing around. He walked into the kitchen, sniffing around near the stove, but the smell wasn’t coming from there. He continued to sniff and it led him to a cabinet next to the fridge. YoungJae pulled the handle, but it was glued shut. He pulled it harder this time, making the cabinet door hastily opened, and he fell back; landing on his bottom. He stared at the two layered cabinet while the same toy car HimChan hold came rolling out. The car rolled off the top layer, falling onto the ground, landing on the roof of the car, as the wheels kept spinning. He leaned forward, picking up the car, and read the label written on the bottom of the car, “Belongs to Hyo.”

YoungJae ran back into his room, holding onto his laptop; setting it on the living room table and began to do some search. He typed in ‘hyo’ and clicked on a link, ‘Hyo, meaning final or familial duty,’ and went back onto the link suggesting page, he scrolled down, and saw a newspaper article about a boy named Hyo. He opened the article, quickly reading through it. ‘Hyo, age six, died in an orphanage building while the government was clearing it out. He was found died after the constructors had demolished the building into a new dorm.’

YoungJae was in shock, seeing a photo of the boy and the new building. “It can’t be…” it was the dorm that they were living in now. He began to read it again, “’Hyo had no one to run to and was always alone,’ said the owner of the ex-homeless place. ‘He didn’t have family members like the others who’d stayed here. We didn’t know he was here even after we left the place. We assumed he went to some other orphanage shelter.” He scrolled down some more, “Hyo was later found dead. Investigators soon found out that the constructors forced Hyo to leave before they’re going to destroy the place, but he wasn’t willing to leave. They [constructors] had hit him; thinking he was dead, and burned all the evidences. They happened to burn his body in the room where he’d had stayed with the other kids; now room 206 in the new dorm.” He stared at the photo where they’ve found Hyo’s body, carefully examining it; he spotted him holding a toy car.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter