Chapter 5

The Secret Circle

Everyone was invited by President Lee Soo Man himself to the huge auditorium in the SM Building for some unknown reasons. When Krystal arrived there, there were almost no seats left. She walked around and found a seat next to Amber and quickly sat down, not noticing that Kai was directly next to her. Taking out her cellphone from her bag, she felt someone poke her cheeks. Turning her head, she saw an annoying face that she hated seeing..

"What do you want, Jongin?!" Krystal spat at his face, annoyed at herself that she had stupidly chosen the seat next to the person she hated the most.

"Jeez, I just wanted  to say hi, is it that bad? By the way, in case you didn’t know, we're all here so that President Lee Soo Man can announce the date of EXO's debut," Kai said with a huge grin on his face. He was excited for their debut, and he desperately wanted to hear some words of encouragement from Krystal, since she was his sunbae and the person he liked.

"Do I look like I care that you'll be debuting?" Krystal said with no emotions.

Kai felt a pang of hurt strike his hurt. He knew she hated him, but he was trying his best to make things right and yet she wouldn’t even give a word of encouragement. Did she really hate him that much?

"I kind of expected you to say that. I knew you couldn’t put aside your hate for me and wish EXO good luck," Kai said, letting out a sigh. He turned to Kyungsoo who was sitting next to him and talked to the latter instead.

Krystal felt guilty for saying that to him. She was actually really happy and excited that EXO was debuting but something in her heart told her that Kai was bad news and she didn’t want to get too close to him.



In another corner, Seo Joohyun was deep in thought, because of a certain someone. What Changmin had said to her the day before was still stuck in her head. Why had he wanted to go on her date with her? It was a question that she couldn’t answer. And she had until the end of the today to tell him her answer.

“Why would I go on a date with you?” Seohyun said to Changmin, who was smirking at her.

“So that I can admit to your precious Fany unnie that I messaged Luhan,” Changmin replied, looking at her intently.

“But why does this involve me, I don’t even want to join in your stupid cupid matchmaking adventure or whatsoever,” Seohyun said while rolling her eyes.

“Go on a date with me, and I will stop everything and let them find their own love, I’ll give you until the end of tomorrow or you’ll have to see your Fany unnie suffer and die trying to figure who is the anonymous person,” Changmin said and walked away.

Seohyun was startled by the voice of Lee Soo Man booming through the speakers of the auditorium. The whole meeting was about how, where and when EXO would debut. Some of them with special talents and skills would debut earlier than the others through the annual SBS Gayo Daejun for the SM Orchestra special stage.  Those who would be performing at Gayo Daejun were Kai, Tao, Luhan and Chen. The members of EXO-K would then have their debut performance in Korea on the 8th of April while the members of EXO-M debuted in China on the same day.



Kai was walking back to the practice rooms with s when he saw a figure standing alone in front of their practice room. What is the ice princess doing in front of our practice room? Just when he was about ask s, he saw Krystal walking up to them, or more specifically, him.

“Kim Jongin, can I talk to you? Alone.” Krystal said, looking at all the other EXO members, making them step away, frightened by the cold stare of the ice princess.

“Why would you want to talk to someone annoying like me?” Kai shrugged.

“I just need to talk to you, okay? Hurry up and follow me!” Krystal said, the irritated tone in her voice becoming more obvious.

“There’s nothing you can’t say in front of everyone,” Kai said, smirking. “Unless you want to have some alone time with me, then of course i wouldn’t mind,” throwing his arm around Krystal, giving her a wink and one of his famous smiles that all his fans would die to see.

“Don’t think so highly of yourself, Kim Jongin! Just hurry up and follow me!” The curious stares of the other members was making the atmosphere a little too awkward for Krystal to handle.

Despite her struggles, Kai didn’t remove his arm. He held onto her tightly, purposely drawing her closer to him. The skinship made Krystal blush, and she tried to look away to hide her cheeks.

“Hyung! Just follow her so you can continue your flirting elsewhere. Somewhere away from us, preferably. Your lovey dovey act is making me want to throw up. And plus, you wouldn’t want the ice princess to explode out of frustration, would you?” Sehun leaned over to Kai, whispering in his ear.

Kai chuckled softly, and proceeded to walk away, dragging Krystal along with his arm around her shoulders.

“I’ll be back in a while guys! Practice without me first.”

Finally away from the members, Krystal roughly shrugged Kai’s arm off.

“What was that for? Don’t get too close to me, I’m not comfortable with it.”

“Exactly how close is too close?” Kai asked, approaching her slowly. She backed up against the wall of the corridor, with Kai’s face only a few inches away from hers. Her back hit the wall with a soft thud, and Kai trapped her in between his arms.

"I...um...just let go of me!" She struggled, squirming around in his arms.

“You didn’t give me an answer, Jung Soojung,’ he said, emphasizing the syllables of her name, as he knew she found it annoying. “How close is too close? This close?” He said, moving his face nearer to hers.

Krystal gulped, the intimacy making her extremely nervous. The wall prevented her from getting further from Kai, and if she moved around she would bump into his arms. Kai smirked, seeing the nervous look on her face.

“Y-yah, Kim Jongin! Move away from me!” Krystal stuttered.

“I don’t want to~” Kai taunted, moving his face even nearer to her, his nose touching hers.

Krystal shut her eyes quickly, not wanting to look into his. His breath could be felt on hers, and she thought he would kiss her.

Kai chuckled softly, seeing her shut her eyes. She must have thought I would kiss her. He was actually nervous about being so close, but he didn’t think that Krystal would be this nervous as well.

He slowly put down his arms, and walked away. Krystal opened her eyes just to see Kai walking away from her.

“Yah! Kim Jongin! Come back here!”

“See ya, I have to get to practice already. Did you actually think I would kiss you?” Kai smirked, and sauntered away.

Krystal blushed at the thought of him kissing her. For a split second back there, she actually wanted him to do that. What is wrong with me? She shook her head, trying to clear those thoughts from her head. I’ll get you back, Kim Jongin. Don’t mess with the Ice Princess. 



Seohyun was sitting in the cafeteria eating her dinner when a certain someone that had been running through her mind all day came and sat directly across her. 

“So, Seo Joohyun, have you made your decision?” Changmin asked while looking at her intently.

“Ummmm, give me five more minutes, and I’ll tell you my answer,” Seohyun said. She was never one to drag an answer, or to drag anything. She was quick and efficient, but only this once she was an exception.

After five minutes, she looked at Changmin and told him her answer. Changmin could only smirk, before doing a small victory dance in his head. He left a small paper in front of Seohyun and then walked away. Seohyun looked at the paper and rolled her eyes when she found out that it was a phone number, obviously Changmin's.


 

Luhan was walking to the recording studio, for his singing training. The anonymous message still remained on his screen, and almost every second he would be thinking about it. Even as he was walking, he was holding his phone, trying to think of who the initials M.Y stood for.

He was about to walk in to the studio when he heard SNSD recording inside. Specifically, it was TaeTiSeo. The news of the subunit had been spread around the company, but the news were not revealed outside yet. Tiffany's cheerful voice could be heard as they recording their upbeat title song, 'Twinkle'.

A small smile appeared on Luhan's face as he listened to Tiffany sing. She was undoubtedly his favourite member of the group, and his crush on her had already been known to a few of s.

Soon the song stopped, and Tiffany's laughter filled the air, like wind chimes tinkling. Amidst the recording she had accidentally stepped on Taeyeon's foot, causing the leader to wince just as she was about to hit the high note.

"Yah! Hwang Mi Young!" Taeyeon cried, running her foot in agony. Tiffany only laughed harder. She really had impeccable timing, stepping on Taeyeon's foot right before the high note.

Outside, Luhan froze. Hwang Mi Young? So that was Tiffany's real name. But that would also mean...

"I'm gonna go grab a snack, be back in five!" Tiffany shouted, before running out the door, crashing into Luhan just as she turned the corner.

"Oh! Luhan! What are you doing here?" Tiffany sake nervously, the thoughts of the anonymous message coming back. The baby faced boy was still in shock. He quickly blurted out the questions he had, unable to hold the curiosity any longer.

"Your real name is Mi Young? So your initials are M.Y? You sent the message?"

Tiffany could only gape in shock at Luhan's questioning, the horror of Luhan finding out finally hitting her. She didn't know what to do, and so, she ran.

 

 


 

 

[A/N] Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for so long, here's another chapter! ^^ We apologise if it's a little short, wev've been busy. Hopefully you'll enjoy it and thanks to the people who have subscribed and commented! Keep on supporting us and leave comments about the story!

 

p.s if there are grammar errors we're really sorry, this was unedited.