Chapter 4

The Secret Circle

While walking to the practice room, Changmin smiled. The reason why he was all smiles was because he had taken Tiffany’s phone without anyone realising and had texted Luhan. He had memorised Luhan’s number just for his genius plan and it worked. Now all he had to do was sit back and watch his two closest friends get together. But what Changmin didn’t know was that Seohyun had seen everything he did and he would soon be confronted by the demure queen herself.


Luhan was walking to the bubble tea shop with Sehun after practice when he realised that he had not checked his phone the whole day. He took out his iPhone to find that there were numerous Kakao messages from s and around 10 missed calls from Sehun during the morning. What he did not expect was an anonymous text from someone that said, ‘Hi, I really really really like you. xoxo M.Y

The boys stared at the text, unmoving. He was used to getting confessions from girls through letters or in person, but he had never gotten an anonymous confession before. It was Luhan's first secret admirer, and the boy was dying of curiosity to know who it was. However, the initials M.Y just didn't ring a bell.

Kris looked into Luhan’s room, only to find him staring blankly at his phone screen, eyes wide and cheeks flushed. He walked over to him, tapping his shoulder.

“Luhan. What are you looking at?” Kris asked, tapping his shoulder again. The baby faced boy remained unmoved, eyes still fixed on the anonymous message.

“Luhan!”

Luhan finally looked up, shocked at the loud tone used by his leader.

“What? You called me? How long have you been there?” He asked, flustered. He quickly snapped his phone shut, turning to face Kris.

Kris glanced suspiciously at Luhan’s phone, which was held tightly in the boy’s hands. Luhan was never one to space out like that, and he was curious to know just what was on the phone that caused him to be in such deep thought.

“What were you looking at?” Kris asked. Luhan’s cheeks flushed even more at the thought of the message.

“Its nothing, just a text from someone,” Luhan said to Kris, showing him the anonymous text that had been bugging him for half an hour.

Kris looked at the text, saw the initials and thought for a while. ‘M.Y?’ He tried to think of anyone he knew, but no one came to mind. ‘Wait...isn’t Tiffany’s real name Mi Young?’  He let out a smirk. He had thought about Tiffany and Luhan as a couple, but he never imagined it would be so soon, and that Tiffany would be the one taking the first step. He made a mental note to ask Tiffany about it the next time he met her. But for now, Luhan would have to try and find out who is was by himself.

“Duizhang, do you have any idea who it could be?” Luhan asked, his doe eyes staring at the leader.

“Nope, I don’t. But if I ever find out, I’ll tell you,” Kris said. He then left the room, leaving the confused Luhan all alone to figure out who the sender was.


Kris was walking to the cafeteria when he saw just who he was looking for, Hwang Mi Young. She waved to him, and walked over. He was about to say hi when he spotted Jessica following behind her. A wave of nervousness washed over him, and he found himself frozen, unable to move, as the two girls approached him.

“Kris! I haven’t seen you in such a long time! How have you been doing?” Tiffany asked, giving him her trademark eyesmile.

“Hi Tiffany,” he said, returning the smile. “Hi Jessica-ssi,” he turned to Jessica, giving her a small bow. The brown-haired girl replied with a small nod and smile, but it was enough to cause his heart to flutter. He had had a crush on Jessica since he entered the company, but he never really interacted with her much, so he doubted she knew him.

“You guys are so awkward!” Tiffany laughed, pushing the two closer together. “You two need to hang out more often. After all, one is the Ice Princess and the other is the Ice Prince, I’m sure you’ll get along!”

Kris looked away casually, trying to hide the growing blush on his cheeks. Jessica merely responded by slapping Tiffany’s arm with a loud smack.

“We have to go for a recording now, Tiff. See you next time Kris-ssi,” Jessica said, before walking off, pulling on Tiffany’s arm.

“See you next time Jessica-ssi, it was nice meeting you. Bye Tiffany,” Kris replied, watching the two girls walk off. He was about to turn and go when he realised that he had forgotten to ask Tiffany about Luhan. He ran towards the direction they left, spotting the two girls who were just about to enter the elevator.

“Tiffany! Wait!” He shouted.

Tiffany quickly pressed the ‘open’ button and walked out, signalling for Jessica to wait.
“What is it?” She asked.

“Earlier today Luhan showed me an confession he received from an anonymous sender through a text message. The sender left her initials, and they were M.Y. Was it from you?”

“A text message? I don’t even have his number, it couldn’t have been me. Anyways, I have to rush, talk to you next time okay?” She said, before running into the elevator.

Kris frowned. He had been so sure that it was Tiffany, and now that she had denied it he had no clue of who Luhan’s secret admirer could be.


As the elevator door closed, Jessica turned to Tiffany. “What was that all about?”

“Kris said Luhan received some anonymous confession text from someone with my initials. But it wasn’t me since I don’t have his number,” Tiffany explained.

“Oh...I didn’t know you and Kris were close,” Jessica said, a curious look on her face.

Tiffany studied Jessica’s expression carefully. Jessica didn’t usually ask questions about anyone she wasn’t close about, but it seemed like she was displaying an interest towards Kris. She chuckled at the thought of the Ice Princess and Ice Prince getting together. She spotted Kris blushing at Jessica earlier on, and if Jessica was interested in Kris they would definitely work out.

“Why? You jealous?” Tiffany American friend. Jessica’s cheeks flushed a scarlet red, and she hurriedly turned around to hide them. Kris was indeed very handsome, and it would have been a little weird for Jessica not to have noticed the tall and good looking Canadian boy around the company. Sometimes when she was bored she would go on YouTube to check out videos of the other groups in the company, and Kris was the only EXO member that caught her eye. He could speak english fluently and his cute accent was a bonus as well.

Seeing Jessica space out at the thought of Kris, Tiffany confirmed her theory of her groupmate and good friend secretly crushing on each other, and she was determined to help them. But not after she got her own man...


While the other members recorded their parts, Tiffany relaxed on the couch in the recording booth, turning on her phone. A small notification at the top informed her that she had received a new message, from an unsaved number. Clicking on it, she waited for it to load.

May I know who you are?’

Tiffany’s eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. Who was this anonymous sender? She looked through her sent messages, trying to see if she had previous conversations with the mysterious sender. She spotted a message sent only earlier today, and to her surprise, it read: ‘Hi, I really really really like you. xoxo M.Y

Tiffany sat there, eyes wide in shock, trying to recall why she had even sent such a message to anyone in the first place. Then she remembered what Kris had talked to her about earlier in the day.

Confession...anonymous sender...M.Y....

This was definitely the message Kris was talking about, but Tiffany was definitely not the one who had sent it. What would Luhan think if he found out it was sent from her phone? She did like him, but she didn’t want him to find out like this. Worried thoughts ran through her head, and all she could do was stare at her phone while wondering how Luhan would react.

The maknae of Girls’ Generation walked out of the recording studio,only to find her unnie sitting on the couch, staring at her phone. Concerned, she walked over, covering the phone screen to get her unnie’s attention.

“Huh? Who is it? Oh it’s just you, Seo,” Tiffany said, motioning for Seohyun to sit down beside her.

“What are you looking at, Unnie?”

Tiffany spilled out everything to Seohyun, and although the maknae didn’t know much about crushes and relationships, she tried her best to comfort her unnie, while coming up with possible answers to her questions.

“Who do you think could have done it, Seo? I never passed my phone to anyone the whole day, I have no idea who could have tampered with it! What if Luhan finds out and doesn’t like me back and everything between us gets awkward?”

Seohyun gave Tiffany a reassuring hug, encouraging her to go take a rest and stop overthinking. Meanwhile, the smart maknae had already come up with an answer.

Changmin oppa, wait till I get my hands on you, you better fix all of unnie’s problems.


Changmin walked out of the practice room, extremely tired from an entire day of practice. After almost eight hours of non-stop dance practice, all he wanted was to go back to the dorm, take a shower, and get some sleep. He did not expect to find Seohyun waiting outside the practice room, arms crossed and an irritated expression plastered on her face.

“Seo? What are you doing here?” He asked, walking over to her.

“I saw you today, Oppa. With Fany unnie’s phone. You sent the text message to Luhan oppa didn’t you?”

Changmin blinked in surprise. His mischievous act had not gone unnoticed after all. But he would not have expected any less from the smart and observant girl. She started telling him about Tiffany’s frustrations, demanding for him to apologise and confess the matter to her beloved unnie.

“I won’t lie to you, Seo. It was me, but let me explain first. I had perfectly good reasons.”

With that, the girl fell into silence, her eyes firmly gazed on him, waiting for him to explain.

He quickly told her why he did it, trying to convince her that it was for both Tiffany as well as Luhan’s good. Seohyun’s eyebrows furrowed together, as she fell into deep thought. She couldn’t help but agree with Changmin that Tiffany could definitely use a boyfriend, but then again, it was wrong of him to do what he did.

“I understand why you did it, but I still want you to tell unnie that it was you. She’s going insane trying to think of who sent the message!”

Now it was Changmin’s turn to think. A brilliant idea struck him, and a grin appeared on his face.

“I’ll tell her, but under one condition,” he said.

“What?” Her tone had a hint of anger, the girl was definitely not in the mood for bargaining.

“Go on a date with me, Seo Joohyun.”

 


 

[A/N] Our very first author's note! Hope you guys have been enjoying the story so far, we're really grateful for all the comments and subscribers. Sorry for all the shorts chapters previously, hope this slightly longer one will make up for it. By this chapter, the main couples should be easily determined, they're pretty obvious. Who's your favourite pairing? ^^