06. Long time no see

I Like You

 

No one’s POV

 

“HAPPY NEW YEAR!”

8 girls happily celebrating their first new year together at Han River. The night view is very pretty with all the colourful lights being light up and fire crackers decorating the night sky.

“I hope that this year will be a great year for all of us~” said Choa, the eldest sister in the group.

“Another a few months to go..I hope it’ll be daebak!” said Jimin, the leader of the group.

“Let’s work harder and show them what we got! Fighting!” said the maknae, Chanmi.

“Let’s be an awesome band like CNBLUE & FTISLAND and be an awesome dance group like INFINTE!” said Mina, unleashing the inspirit side of her.

“Fighting to all of us!” said Yuna while holding her drink up.

“FIGHTING!” said the others in unison, joining Yuna by holding their drinks up for a toast.


---FLASHBACK---

One month ago

 

Mina, Seolhyun, Hyejeong, Yuna, Chanmi, Jimin, Youkyoung, Choa were told to gather in FNC Entertainment meeting room. They were told that Han Sungho, the CEO of FNC Ent wanted to announce something. The girls are feeling nervous and excited at the same time. Are they going to debut soon? But there are so many of them to debut as a band.

 

After 10 minutes of waiting, Han sajang-nim entered the meeting room. All the girls stand up and bow to greet him.

“Annyeonghaseyo” all of them said in unison.

Han sajang-nim smiles at them and take his seat.

“Nae. Annyeong” He gestures his hand telling them to sit down.

“Do you know why you’re here?” he asks as he leans his elbows on the table and clasps both of his hands together while looking at them.

The girls just slowly shake their heads, not really sure about what the president is having in his mind right now.

“You’re going to debut.” said Han sajang-nim while smiling at them.

“….”

“Daebak.” Mina muttered as the girls happily looking at each other and holds each other’s hands.

“However..”

The girls stop their little celebration and wait for Han sajang-nim to continue his sentence.

“You will have to work 10 times harder than any other existing girl groups because you’re going to debut as a transformer group.” said Han sajang-nim.

The girls just blink their eyes. Not really sure and confused about what their president is saying.

“You’re going to debut as a girl group” he continues while looking at them.

“And also as a band.”

The girls’ eyes grew wider, they didn’t expect that they’re going to debut as both dance group AND a band. Han sajang-nim really means it what he said ‘work 10 times harder’. The girls will need to practice hard for singing, dancing and playing instruments. Those are definitely not easy tasks.

“There are so many girl groups debuting these days. It’s going to stand out as just another girl group. More than half of you can play musical instruments, so why not we make use of those talents too?”

The girls just nod. What Han sajang-nim said is true. It’s going to be hard to survive as just another girl group.

“To debut you girls as just a girl band is quite risky. How people accept female bands is going different from how they accept male bands like your sunbaes. Therefore, I’ve decided to combine both. However, not all of you will be in the band unit.” He continues while looking at the papers in his file.

“Choa and Yuna are both main vocalists so both of you will need to be in the band. Yuna will be the keyboardist while Choa will be the guitarist. Mina will be the bassist, Youkyoung as drummer and Jimin as guitarist and leader. Hyejeong, Seolhyun and Chanmi will just stay in the dancing unit. You may have potential to act in dramas so you will have to work hard on your acting.” He closes his file and looks at his soon-to-be-debuting girl group.

“Your debut will be in 3 months’ time. We’ll discuss more about your debut concept later on. Demo song will be given to you next month so that there will be enough time for you to practice the dance and the song. In the meantime, you may find and practice on your personal talents. Any questions?” he asks.

The girls just shake their heads. “Eobseoyo.”

“Good. You’ll need sign the contract later. Once you signed the contract, make sure you delete all your personal SNS like cyworld, twitter and me2day if you have any.

 

---END FLASHBACK---

 

“Ace of Angels?” the girls asked in disbelief. What a cheesy name for an idol group they thought.

“Well, there’s so many so-called goddesses idols existed, so why not angels? You girls should behave like one too once you debuted. Ah! We have decided your angel names too.” said the company’s PR before leaving the room.

The girls literally face palms. It’s definitely going to be embarrassing. Angel concept. Angel names. They’re going to bring angel concept to a whole new level. Great!

 

Soon, their choreographer enters their practice room. She’s working with Cube Entertainment and now she’s helping the group with their choreography.

All the girls stand up to bow and greet her.

“Hello girls. Mr Kim just handed me your debut song demo few days ago for me to work on the choreography. I’ve tried out some dance routine so shall we try it out today?” she asks.

“Nae!”

Although the announcement of their group name killed the joy, they’re still very excited to listen to how their debut song sounds like and try out the dance moves.

“The title of the song is Get Out. Let’s listen to how the beat goes like first.” she said as she put the cd inside the CD player and hit the play button.

 

 

 

“Wah! So tired!” said Mina as sat down on the floor and gulps the water down from the water bottle.

“Girls! Lunch time!” Youkyoung calls out her group member as she brings in two bags of lunch boxes to the practice room.

“Thank you for the food! Jalmeogeosseubnida!” the girls thanked Youkyoung and starts digging in.

 

 

‘One new message!’

Mina took her phone out from her pocket to read the message.

“Annyeong inspirit~ ㅋㅋ Long time no see~~ – Sungyeol”