04. In the Summer

I Like You

Mina POV

“Mina! Wake up! You’re gonna be late!”

“Eung..” I yawn and start stretching on my bed. I rolled to the left right side of my queen-size bed. The cold side of the bed and pillows are the best part and making me want stay in bed longer. I love you, bed.

I took my phone and look at the time. 8AM. Monday. Sigh. It’s going to be another long day. Oh, wait. More like a long week. Ugh. I drag myself off my bed and go for a shower.

Things I wear today: A simple white t-shirt, a pair of shorts and a grey hoodies.

I bring along my bass guitar, phone and wallet with me and head to the kitchen.

 

“Morning, mom!” I greeted my mom, take a slice of cheese toast, kissed my mom on the cheek and walk myself to the door.

“Yah, just a slice? You’ll starve later!” Mom said loudly just to make sure I can hear her.

“Bye, mom!” I said to her right before I close the door walk my way to the training school.

 

Oh yeah. I haven’t told you yet that I’m actually a trainee in FNC Academy. It’s a training school under FNC Entertainment. You know. The house of FTISLAND, CNBLUE & JUNIEL.

 

*Flashback*

2 weeks before moving to Seoul.

After 4 hours of fitting clothes and photoshoot, me and my friends decided to go to the nearest café for some refreshments. I was helping my friend as a part-time fitting model for her online boutique by the way if you’re wondering. We talked about some random stuff that happened recently and I feel like someone is staring at me, it’s creepy. I turned my head to my right and saw a guy probably 30 something is looking at me. He looked at to his phone and looked back at me again.

“Guys, I need to go back now. My mom is waiting for me. See you guys tomorrow! Bye~” I told my friends. It’s very uncomfortable for me to stay there longer so I think it’s better to just go back home.

As I walked outside the café,

“Excuse me, Agassi.” I turned and saw the guy who was staring at me in the café.

“Wha..” before I even get to ask what he wants.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m sorry for being rude earlier. I’m Park Seonghyun from FNC Entertainment.” He handed me his business card and I took it.

“We’re an entertainment agency that deals with instruments. We’re holding an audition next month in Seoul. I think you have the potential. So I hope to see you to come for the audition.” He explained further.

“Uh..nae” I’m actually confused. What potential? I don’t think he saw me singing or something.

“I got to go now. Nice to meet you..”

“Kwon Mina”

“Nice to meet you, Mina-ssi. I hope to see you in Seoul” He smiles and nodded his head before he walked away.

I slightly bowed to him and stared at his business card.

FNC Entertainment. Fish & Cake Entertainment. Tch! What a lame company name. This could be a fraud. Wait. FNC? Sounds familiar though. I did some Nate search on my phone and found it.

 

FNC Entertainment.

Artists: CNBLUE, FTISLAND, JUNIEL

 

Whoa. Daebak. I know CNBLUE and all but I didn’t really pay attention to their company name. This is a real deal right here.

 

1 week after moving to Seoul

‘Hmm.. Is this the place?’ I look up and saw banners hanging on the windows with ‘FNC Academy’ written on it. ‘I think this is it.’

I walked into the main door and saw the audition posters on the wall. Suddenly, my stomach felt uneasy. That nervous feeling finally came to me. Oh god. I looked around saw probably more than 10 people more or less my age waiting inside.

“You’re coming for the audition, miss?” The lady behind the counter asked me with a smile.

“Nae.” I simply answered and bowed to her.

“Please fill in this form first and hand it back to me.” She said and hand in an audition form.

After the form filling and long waiting, finally it’s my turn.

I got in and saw the judges. A lady and two men, probably at their 30s.

I nervously bowed to them not sure what else to do.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Will you please introduce yourself to us?” the lady asked and smiled at me.

“Annyeonghaseo. My name Kwon Mina and I’m 19 years old.” I introduced myself.

“Nice to meet you, Mina-ssi. Will you sing for us, please.” said the man next to the lady.

'Gosh, my singing isn't that good though.' I thought. Let's just give it a shot.

 

This is how the audition goes like:

 

 

“Okay, Mina-ssi. We’ll call you later to inform if you made it or not. Thank you for coming.” The lady said.

“Thank you.” I said and bowed to them before making my way out.

 

*Flashback ends*

 

I finally reach the academy and start my first class; bass lesson. I heard that the company is going to form their first ever dancing girl group. That’s why all female trainees are trained to dance. But we also trained to play musical instruments. Not sure why we have to learn it.

They asked me to choose which instruments that I would like to learn. I choose bass because I kind of like the sound produced by bass. I also think girls looks cool playing bass. Well, I hope I’ll look cool playing bass. Haha. It’s very difficult to play bass due to my short fingers. My fingers bleed and blister everywhere. I cried a lot too but I’m starting to get used to it. Not gonna lie, living a life as a trainee is tough and tiring. But I just have to it up in order to achieve my dream. I’m glad that the trainees here are bunch of awesome people that can be friend with.

After bass lesson and English class, me and my two closest eonnis, Yuna and Jimin decided to hunt for ice-cream at the café near the academy. It’s summer. So having an ice-cream on this very hot day is the best idea ever. Anything ice cool actually but whatever. I can’t think straight now.

“This gonna ruin our diet. Haha” said Yuna eonni.

“Haha. Don’t worry. We have dance class later. It’ll totally gonna burn down those calories” said Jimin eonni.

“Yuna eonni don’t even gain weight. Well, maybe Jimin eonni need to lose some.”

“Yah! How dare you!” said Jimin eonni as she wrap her hand around my neck and tries to headlock me.

“Ack!” I poke her waist with my finger for few times. She finally let go of my head as she couldn’t handle being tickled. Puahaha! Eonni is so cute. Just like a hamster.

 

We finally reached the café. Before entering, we play rock-paper-scissor to decide who will pay for the ice-creams. Jimin eonni lost the game, so she has to pay for us three.

“Yay! Eonni pays!” I said happily.

“Tch!” she pouted.

As I turned my head to the door.

“Ack!” I groan as my hand automatically rubs my forehead.

“Oh my. I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” a guy asked me probably the one who carelessly pushed the door.

I look up to see who’s the dimwit and to my surprise,

he’s definitely someone familiar.

 

 

Introducing new characters (left to right) Yuna & Jimin ^^