Memories

In the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinki’s heart stopped. He stared at the lad in front of him in shock.

“Miss me?” the lad grinned.

Jinki’s face lit up a nanosecond right after he registered what was happening. Oh just how long he had yearned for this moment.

“asdfhrgjkflauyufjbjhkjjl Joonie hyung wadagfaufhaiukhgfakfil……” Jinki started throwing incoherent jumble at his favorite hyung, who was a year older than him x best chingu. Doing so, he quickly lunged forward to give Joon a big, warm, sloppy hug.

“Haha! Calm down. Jinki. I’m sorry but pardon?” Joon ruffled his hair fondly, returning the hug with as much enthusiasm, laughing at his funny antics. Looks like Jinki hasn’t changed since the 1 year he was gone. 

“I missed you so much Joonie hyung. How come you didn’t tell me you were coming back today? How could you?!” Jinki feigned mad.

“I missed you lots too Tofu. Mianhae. My flight was delayed and it was already midnight when I reached Seoul.” Joon explained apologetically. “Come on, let’s go for a cuppa.” Joon suggested, practically dragging Jinki out of the store out of his eagerness.

Jinki quickly dropped off Jae’s groceries on the way there.

“Hyung, have you found a new girlfriend?” Jinki asked innocently.

“Actually, I did-“

“Yah! Yah! I don’t wanna hear all about it.” Jinki covered his ears, playfully elbowing Joon.

“I didn’t” Joon finished, grinning mischievously from ear to ear thus earning a light punch from Jinki.

“Owwwww!!!!” Joon furrowed his brows, jerking his arm protectively out of the way.

“Aish! Joonie hyung, don‘t exaggerate!” Jinki rolled his eyes at his hyung’s antics. But Joon did not laugh nor relax like he usually would, his brows remained furrowed, left arm hovering protectively over his ‘injured’ one.

Jinki bit his lip nervously.”I’m sorry, hyung. I didn’t mean to.” He gently tugged on Joon’s right arm, starting to roll his sleeves up to check on the injury. Jinki blinked up in confusion when he saw nothing but fine skin hiding under cloth, took him a good few seconds to realize he had been tricked, again!

“Aish!” Jinki sighed; annoyed at his hyung’s retarded actions. Either Joon’s acting was getting better or he still trusted him too easily. Chances of the second option are more.     

The 2 of them fooled around all the way to their favorite restaurant.

---------------------------------------

“What can I get for the both of you today?” Key stood over their table, pen poised to jolt down their orders.

“Usual.”

 Key nodded knowingly and went off.

Jinki and Joon came here often a few years back, before Joon decided to travel around the world to take his mind off things. The restaurant provided a relaxing atmosphere, an escape from the busy, complicated world. It was their most favorite place to hang out up until now.

The restaurant was situated at the topmost floor, walls made of glass just so you can enjoy the view. Sometimes, Jinki felt that his pace of life seemed to slow down just being in here. The food served is really amazing with reasonable prices and amazing views. It’s practically perfect!

Their food came not a moment too soon. Jinki chewed on a mouthful of turkey sandwich while Joon took a deep gulp of his black c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter