01

In the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-3 April 2012-

“Would you like some refreshments, miss?”

“Yes please.” I accepted the cocktail graciously.

I sauntered away to find Jinki.

Before I could reach him however, I walked into the school’s most popular girl, Jung SooJung.

“So…Jae, how’s Jia faring?” she enquires, quirking an eyebrow, giving me a once-over.

I flinched. Jia has a tendency to hurt herself when she’s upset. She needs help, and staying by her side and being attentive at all times was the least we could do. No one except our clique was supposed to know about it, it was supposed to be our secret. At least…it seemed to be.

“Never better” I answered without giving anything away.

For the first time since, I gave her a once-over. She looks breathtaking, wearing the most gorgeous evening dress I’ve ever seen.

“Glad to hear. Hope you enjoy the party.” She purred. And with that, she struts off.

I continued searching for Jinki. It wasn’t really hard to find him; he just made his whereabouts loud. BOOM! I turned around and found a devastated, stunned face full of sponge and cream. Strawberries and slices of kiwis were sliding down her face to her neckline.

“I-I-I’m s-so-sorry. I had no evil intentions. I p-p-promise” Jinki stuttered as he fumbles about her face with a wipe. He just made it worse though, smearing more cream all over her face.

She swatted Jinki’s hands away as she wiped her eyes off of the cream.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter