We laugh together, we suffer together

In the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Friends come and go. Some you might meet again if fate says so; some, are lost forever. To think that we were still bickering and giving each other the cold shoulder treatment just about a week ago, all because of some stupid reason which has long been forgotten, how foolish of us. The four of us became closer than ever after that incident.

That night, I, along with Jinki and Jinri went over to Suzy’s house, knowing that she would need the comfort more than any of us. Grief hits me hard as I realized I can't hear her tinkling laughter, can't see her bright, angelic smlile, we can't do anything in groups of five anymore. We sat in companionable silence; some of us cried till we were worn out and fell asleep on each other.

The five of us have been best friends ever since; few even longer, having known each other since the day we were mere toddlers. That’s what made our friendship even more precious, we cherish this as an important part of our lives. We laugh together, we suffer together. Each of them was like a brother or a sister one never had.

We sat in silence as the pastor rambled on about the grief, the happiness and blah blah blah about Jia. Me? I wasn’t really listening as angry thought shrouded my mind.

These past few days, I had calmed down enough and has accepted the fact that nothing’s gonna change when a thought struck me. I vaguely remember Doctor Lee, Jia’s doctor, telling me that cases like Jia are widely known

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter