Chapter 5

FORTUNE-NATE LOVE

"WHAT??!!!!!! You want me to pretend to be your girlfriend?!" , you screamed over the phone.

 

"Hey, don't scream your lungs out. I know you're happy inside, but it's just pretending."

"I'm happy? Eeew. I don't even have a reason to be happy about it."

"Don't worry. You will have a reason to be happy one day."

 

You rolled your eyes, "Whatever, Sungjae. Whatever."

He chuckled, "Deal?"

You sighed, "What other choice do I have anyway?"

"None" , he said and laughed.

"Thanks for your help anyway. Bye."

 

After you hung up, you began to regret over what you've just done. Shouldn't have asked him for help.

 

After you completed your homework, you went to bed....

 

The next day, after you ate your breakfast, you went to school and heard gossips everywhere and everyone's eyes were on you. You also received evil glares from them. Hmmm....That's strange. What have I done to receive these glares and attention?

 

Suddenly, Nara rushed over to you. You've never seen her this excited before.

 

She held your shoulders as she spoke, "Jinja?! Why didn't you tell me?!" 

"Huh? Tell you what?"

"About you being Sungjae's girlfriend!"

"Yah, who told you that?"

"Sungjae is the one who announce it to everyone at school today."

 

You slapped your forehead. Oh God. Could this day get any worse?

 

You feel uneasy even in class because of those glares.

 

The recess bell rang, and you ran out of class immediately but got caught by someone on the collar.

 

"Where do you think you're going?" , she asked.

"Urm, may I know who you are?"

"Victoria is the name. Listen, girl. If you don't want to get into trouble, stay away from Sungjae."

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!!" , someone screamed.

 

You and Victoria turned around to look at who just said that. True enough. Sungjae. 

 

The protective side of Sungjae suddenly rushed over, "I warn you, Victoria. Don't ever get close to my girlfriend. Don't you ever dare to harm her. I will get her out of harm's way or should I say, you!" 

 

He was holding you tightly like a treasure chest he'd just found. He brought you away from Victoria.

 

"Phew, thank god I'm here just in time. I knew someone would just come and tell you to stay away from me."

"Yah, do you have to announce about your fake girlfriend to everyone?", you crossed your arms.

"Of course I need to.", he smirked.

"Do you know that this could get me into a lot of trouble?"

"I do. But do not fear, for Sungjae is here." , he puts up his musketeer face while saying that.

"Whatever." , you said and walked away from him.

 

"Hey, where are you going?!"

"Recess, of course."

He scratched his head, "Oh yeah, let's go together then."

You rolled your eyes and Sungjae followed you behind.

 

You walked over to the table which Nara and sit next to her.

Sungjae pulled a chair over and sit beside you. 

Nara smirked, "I see that your boyfriend is following you around now."

"Whatever."

"What do you mean whatever? He's your boyfriend now!"

"Let's just eat. If we continue talking, I won't have time to eat."

 

After recess, you get back into class to study like usual. 

Now, you are finally able to study like usual eventhough still receiving those glares and gossips.

 

Everything ended so quickly and the last bell rang, indicating that it is time to go home.

 

Victoria stared at you, then went away after that.

 

You were relieved, because you thought she might do something evil to you.

 

Sungjae ran towards you when you came out of your classroom. 

"You know what? You should create a nickname for me since we are a couple already."

"Whatever, I'll just call you Jae starting from today."

Sungjae frowned, "Couples should be calling each other cute names."

"Jae is a cute name."

"It isn't."

"Whatever.", you said and walked away.

 

"Hey, wait! I should call you fluffy bunny then."

"Such a girlish name."

"But it's a cute name!"

"Yeah, whatever."

 

Sungjae walked with you towards your house and waved goodbye when both of you reached your house. You waved back and enter your house. You found a letter from your parents on the dining table.

 

So Yeon, we are going to go on a vacation to Jeju Island and will be back after 3 weeks. Take care of yourself. Bye. We called a close friend of ours, Mrs Lee to take care of you. She will come to pick you up at about 8 p.m. and you will be staying at her house.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Love, Mom & Dad