Chapter 2

FORTUNE-NATE LOVE

The next day, you woke up and felt headache. You don't know why but you just got ready and packed your stuffs, getting ready for school.

The moment you reached school, you saw your best friend, Jang Nara. You were so happy to see her. "Jang Nara!" , you shouted as you went to hug her. She did the same and smiled at you. She was curious about what the fortune teller told you.

 

She asked, "Please tell me what the fortune teller told you."

You told her everything and she smiled at you. She said, "Good for you then. I hope you find your Mr. Right soon."

 

Just then, you both heard some screaming going on and a crowd of people gathering around something. Or perhaps someone.

 

You saw a guy walking into the school. You've never seen him before and yet, he looks so familiar. He was walking past you when you said, "I think I've seen you somewhere before. You looked familiar." 

 

"Hmm?" , is what he replied.

"I said I think I've seen you somewhere before."

 

He forced an awkward smile and said, "But I'm a new student. I just transfered here today and today is my first day in this school."

"Oh, I'm so sorry then. I must have mistaken someone for you."

 

He replied, "It's okay. People make mistakes. Nobody is perfect in this world. Anyway, my name is Yook Sungjae."

 

Now where did I hear that name before? Hmmm....

 

"Hi, my name is Kim So Yeon and this is my best friend, Jang Nara."

 

He waved at the both of you, smiled and walked away.

 

He looked really familiar. Where have I seen this guy? 

 

You and Jang Nara walked into the school right after the bell rang.

 

You went into your first class for History. What a boring subject to start a day.

 

As usual, the seat beside you is empty. You sighed and wondered when will someone fill in the empty space beside you. 

 

Then, someone caught your attention as he was standing in front of your class with your History teacher, Mrs. ParkIt was him, that Yook Sungjae guy. Wait....He's in the same class as me for History?

 

All eyes were on him, including you as well.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Yook Sungjae imnida. I'm a new student here. Please take good care of me. Kamsahamnida."

 

"Yook Sungjae, please take your seat beside Kim So Yeon." , Mrs. Park said, pointing to the empty chair beside you. 

 

He smiled at you and bowed to Mrs. Park.

 

He took his seat beside you and smiled, "So, we meet again."

 

You looked at him and replied, "Urm...Yeah, I guess so.."

 

When the class ended, you asked him, "Do you perhaps have any friend that you know from this school?"

 

He smiled and said, "Yeah, I do."

 

He said he got to go to recess with his friend.

 

You went off to recess after he left and went searching for Jang Nara.