Epilogue

Beautiful Obsession

Epilogue

The young man looked up at the tall building that stood in front of him. It seemed to eminate an aura of gloom. When he looked at the building, he thought of the color gray and nothing else. He signed heavily. He was not use to the gloomy atmostphere despite having come here a few times a week. He ran a hand through his light brown hair and stepped into the building.

He walked in and met the familiar woman working at a desk, the receptionist.

"Hello again," the middle-aged woman greeted.

"Here to see him again?" She asked but she didn't need to. She already knew the answer.

"Yes please, I would like to see him," The man asked in a gentle voice. His eyes the epitamy of sadness and was it... slight happiness?

The woman gave him what seemed like a slip allowing him to go through the security of the building. He quickly walked to the elevator and went up to the 4th floor to see a special someone. He walked through the long and narrow hallway. The walls were a plain and sickening white. From some of the rooms, he heard low and groaning. From others, he heard crying and from others he heard an occasional laugh that was quite out of place and seemed to have a lack of sanity. But he was use to the sounds and casually drowned them out, walking to the end of the hall.

He was now in front of a room with the numbers 423. In front of the room was a man in a white coat and black spectacles. The young man showed the man in glasses his pass and all he had recieved was a nod as a reply.

The man in glasses opened the door to let the young man in.

The room was small, almost the size of a hospital room but maybe a bit bigger. The color of the wall was now an off-white rather than the bleak white in the hallway and on the middle of the small bed that was in the center of the room, another young man sat. His back was turned towards the entrance and he was facing the window. His hand was turned upwards and his thumb was mid-air. It appeared as if there was an invisible hand in his but there wasn't. It was just empty space.

"Xi Luhan," The man in glasses called out. No reply was heard from the boy on the bed.

"Luhan, your older brother is here." The man in glasses said, then left the room to give the two young men some alone time.

Luhan turned now quite slowly and on his face was a blissful smile.

"Yixing," He cooed. Yixing just replied with a small smile.

"Hi Luhan," Yixing whispered but loud enough for his younger brother to hear.

"Come Yixing, sit! I haven't seen you in a while!" Luhan excitedly said as he motioned for the older to come closer.

"Luhan... I came yesterday,"Yixing sadly muttered, slightly dismayed at the forgetfulness that the sedatives caused on Luhan.

"Anyhow, come sit!" Luhan ignored Yixings words and was still motioning for him to come sit near him.

Next to the window was a table with two chairs. The table was between the window and the bed. Seeing the open space next to his younger brother, Yixing walked over to the side of the bed and was about to sit down when hands all of a sudden pushed him.

"Not there!" Luhan screeched in panic.

"Sit there, sit there!" He said quickly, motioning to one of the chairs that was at the table, facing Luhan. Yixing slowly slid into the chair and was eyeing the empty space in the bed and eyed Luhan a little too. There was slight fear in his eyes.

"You almost sat on her, silly!" Luhan childishly exclaimed, his hands moving in a vertical motion in the air, as if petting someone's back. But there was no one.

"...Who did I almost sit on, Luhan? Who is "she"?" Yixing asked cautiously.

"Minhee, of course! She woke up this morning and came to visit me!" Luhan said happily, then started to hum the song he sang to Minhee while she was "sleeping".

"Luhan... Minhee's dead." Yixing said, eyes wide like an owl.

"Are you blind? No she's not! She's right here stupid." Luhan was motioning towards the spot on the bed that harbored no person. Yixing was speechless. He knew her brother was... not alright but he didn't expect it to be this bad.

"Minhee's been dead for two months, Lu." He hesitantly said. Then came an explosion of sorts.

"NO SHE'S NOT! SHE'S RIGHT HERE, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. SHE'S HOLDING MY HAND, CAN'T YOU SEE IT?!" Luhan shouted, shoving his hand into Yixing's face. Trying to console a now mad Luhan, he gently grabbed his hand.

"I-I see Lu. I see her now, I just forgot my glasses and it was a bit blurry. I thought you were talking about another M-Minhee," Yixing stuttered slightly, calmly rubbing Luhan's hand.

"Oh Silly Yixing forgetting his glasses. She says your hair looks nice today, but that my hair will always look better," Luhan cheekily said, as if imitating a 5 year old. Yixing just started in horror at his baby brother. He slowly reached into his backpack and grabbed a small box.

"Here Luhan... I brought you some food. I have to go, see you... soon." Yixing quickly said, rushing out of the room. Luhan raised an eyebrow at his behaviour and just opened the box to find cupcakes decorated with white icing. The icing was in a shape of a rose.

"A white rose cupcake, just for you love," Luhan whispered at the invisible figure next to him, and gave the cupcake. The cupcake laid on the bed, unmoving, but Luhan did not pay any attention to that.

"Together forever, my beautiful rose."

---

Yixing was now down in the lobby of the building, breathing and panting slightly as he quickly rushed down the hall and into the elevator, up to where he was now. His brother, his baby brother, finally lost it. He had hoped that maybe, just maybe there was a way to find the old him but the old Xi Luhan was gone. With a dejected sigh, Yixing walked out of the building, ignoring the farewell that the old woman called out.

Once outside the building, he looked at a plaque right next to the entrance.Then he left.

Seoul Asylum: For the Mentally Impaired

---

DONE! This story is done and I'm proud to say this is my first finished fanfic on this site, woop woop! Please comment if you have any questions about the story or if there is something you aren't clear of, I would gladly do my best to explain them! :)

-Rynn