Chapter 4

Beautiful Obsession

Chapter 4

Minhee was paranoid and scared. After her encounter with Luhan, she feared everything that she came in contact with.

He's crazy. A psycho. A lunatic. Insane. She thought of words that could be synonyms to crazy. It described him perfectly. She hated that he had sent her only family member to the hospital. And she knew he was the one to mess up her parent's graves. It was actually a hunch but she believed her hunch more than anything else. She was scared to go out of her house to get the things she wanted and she was scared to even look out the window for she feared seeing Luhan's crazed and child-like smile.

She didn't leave her house for a few days. All she ate were eggs for breakfast, ramen for lunch and guess what? Ramen for dinner as well.

Since she ate out most of the time, she didn't have much food in her house. And it all disappeared quite quickly. She now sat on the couch in her living room of her small but chic apartment, rocking herself back and forth as her stomach lightly growled from the lack of food in her system.

"I want to go out and get food..." She said to herself.

"But I'm scared..." Her whisper was so low, she almost didn't hear it herself. She didn't have anyone to call for help, no friends to comfort her in her time of need. She only had herself and her aunt but her aunt couldn't do anything about it.

"Don't let him get to you, Minhee." And on that note, she raced to her bedroom to get her jacket and purse. She grabbed her keys on the kitchen table and peeked her head outside the door to see if anyone was around. Well, more like him but she was scared of most people nowadays.

She saw that the coast was clear and locked the door behind her. She raced down the steps of her apartment complex and grabbed her bike that was shackled to the rack for bikes. She quickly got it unshackled and rode to the groceries. She got packs of ramen, a carton of eggs, some water, everything that she needed to last another few weeks. She wasn't a heavy eater. She then thought she saw a flash of blond hair from the end of the noodles aisle. Her head whipped to her left to see if the blond was still there. The blond blur was gone and her heart started beating at an unbelievably fast pace. Goose bumps rose on the back of her neck and she had a feeling that she was being watched. She looked around her and saw nothing, no one, except regular everyday customers. A young woman with a baby in her cart, an old man, and old woman, you know the gist.

She took deep breaths to calm herself down and keep her sanity. She tried hard to maintain her composure but she was starting to wear thin and paranoia started to set in.

She quickly ran to the cash register when she had found everything she needed and to her dismay, there was a slight line in front of her. There were only two open registers and each one had some people in line. Though the line was barely anything, just two or three people, she cursed to herself and mentally begged those in front of her to just goddamn pay.

In about five minutes, she finally was at the register and quickly brought out $20 in her purse. Once the cashier took the money and bagged all the food, Minhee dashed out of the store with the cashier yelling at her.

"Keep the change!" She yelled back and retreated.

As she ran outside, she saw another flash of blond to her right. She turned and froze. There he was, leaning against the wall of the grocery entrance just staring at her with a sadistic smile. She slowly backed away to her bike. He slowly walked to her. He was eyeing her like his prey and she was scared out of her wits.

As he lunged at her, she threw her grocery bag at him, not even caring that she needed the food and jumped on her bike seeing that he was momentarily distracted. He was running after her now, and my god he was fast.

She pedaled as quickly as her short legs would allow her. She kept on looking back to see if he was still being followed and she sighed in relief seeing that his figure was getting smaller and smaller. But luck wasn't on her side.

As she wasn't paying attention to where she was steering, she unknowingly rode her bike into the street. A car was coming straight at her and her attention was brought to the car by a very loud and urgent honk.

Her eyes widened greatly and she turned her bike handles to the left to avoid the car. She fell of her bike and had twisted her ankle but thankfully, she landed on a soft patch of grass. She was cradling her twisted ankle now and winced every time she moved it. Her situation with Luhan forgotten, all that was on her mind was the pain. Then she heard a sinister laugh. She looked up and not even 10 feet away from her was Luhan. He didn't even seem to break a sweat and was now staring at her like he won the Olympics. She was the gold medal.

She scrambled backwards and onto her feet, ignoring her ankle that was basically screaming at her. She looked behind her and saw a forest.

This forest was familiar and realized that she played in this forest as a child. She knew the in and outs of the maze-like forest and knew her way home. Without hesitating, she sprinted at full speed into the forest.

Thank god I took track in high school.

She was running for her life now, hearing footsteps that echoed her following closely behind her. The footsteps became louder and louder and Luhan came closer and closer.

She started to lose energy. She quickly turned to the left, happy for her small stature that she was able to quickly evade a low branch right as she turned. She could hear Luhan cursing behind her and she held back a snicker.

She kept on running and running, turning here and there, and Luhan was always able to catch up with her. She was getting more and more tired and fatigue was setting in.

Deciding to lose whatever path she had memorized in her mind, she now aimlessly ran around in the forest. She didn't care where she was going, all she cared about was getting away from her crazed stalker.

Soon enough, she was in a clearing in the forest. A clearing she's never seen. It was small but she rested here for a bit as she lost Luhan a few minutes back. She sat on a rock and was breathing heavily. She looked all around her to see Luhan but all she saw were trees. Now her ankle was screaming in pain and tears were rolling down her cheeks. She rubbed her ankle as a way to soothe it but it didn't work.  

She grabbed the phone in her pocket and called 911.

"Help me. I'm being chased and I'm in the forest. I'm lost and he's still in here somewhere, looking for me. Help me!" She quickly said. She heard a soothing feminine voice reply back.

"Don't worry sweetie. We'll track your phone and send help right away. Don't leave where you are."

She breathed out in relief knowing she didn't have to run for a little bit and leaned back on what seemed to be a sturdy tree.

But she thought wrong.

She squeaked in fear when arms wrapped around her waist and brought her small body even closer to the hard surface. She dropped her (still on) phone in panic. It was long forgotten. The soothing voice yelled from the phone.

"Hello? Ma'am?" No one heard. No one could hear over Minhee's shouts.

What she thought was a tree was in fact, Luhan. She was struggling in his arms and looked up to see a small cut on Luhan's skin. The only flaw he had. Well, besides his personality.

He seemed to be mad too. He backhanded her and she fell loudly to the ground. Her ankle hurt even more and her cheek was red. She was crying heavily now and Luhan thought her tears were still beautiful. In fact, he loved her tears more than her smiles. He loved her screams more than her laugh. He just loved it.

She was now crawling backwards as Luhan drew near. He grabbed her forearms and hoisted her up, trying to contain the girl as she screamed and struggled.

"HELP! PLEASE!" She screamed out.

"No one can hear you, love. No one but me. Scream all you want, it just makes this more fun," He laughed at the fear in her eyes and could feel his friend below harden slowly. This entire thing was just all too exciting, too stimulating for him.

He started to take off her jacket and kissed her lips. She screamed against his lips and struggled. As Luhan tried to have her open to allow entrance for his tongue, she bit it in an act of rebellion. He pulled his head away as he winced and shouted slightly. He looked at her, seeing red. He punched her face mercilessly and she fell with a scream. The scream came short though when he heard a crack.

The forest was silent now.

"Minhee...?" Luhan said slowly. Her body did not move. Her chest wasn't moving an inch and he knew she wasn't breathing. He saw that her neck was at an odd angle and then saw the large rock her neck had landed on, slightly stained red.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Luhan said, now panicked. He shook her shoulders and stared into her still open eyes. Her lifeless eyes.

"Minhee! You can't be dead! You're still alive, I know you are!" He screamed at the corpse in his arms. Blood was seeping from a wound on her neck, caused by a sharp point on the rock but he didn't care for the blood. He was crying, sobbing, as he rocked the body back and forth in his arms.

He soon calmed down.

"I see now. You're just asleep Minhee. You must be tired from running. It's okay, let Luhan take care of you." He cooed at the body in his arms. He soon started to cradle her body and sing.

I lost my mind, when you walked into my sight.

The whole world around you get in slow motion.

Please tell me if this is love.

Love is everywhere, it makes me forget pain, share sadness, learn to care

Still able to embrace after fighting and crying

Please tell me if this is love.

He continued to sing to Minhee's body, as if singing a lullaby to a child. He looked into her lifeless eyes, eyes that no longer showed fear, and continued singing. Such a beautiful voice he had, but such a twisted mind as well.

He was singing to keep her "asleep". He was also singing to himself.

He didn't hear the police sirens as it drew near, too preoccupied with Minhee.

Baby don't cry, tonight.

---

So what do you think? The lyrics are italicized and bolded. It's also a translation. The first one from "What is Love" and the second from "Baby Don't Cry"

I actually really like this chapter... I'm still debating whether I should just end it here because this seems like a good stopping point. Either this chapter or the next will be the last but I think you already know what's happened.