Chapter 1

Beautiful Obsession

Chapter 1

She's beautiful, Luhan thought as he watched her tend to the flowers in the shop. He's noticed her from day 1 ever since he moved to Seoul a year beforehand. He watched her gaze almost angelically at the white roses in her hands. That was her favorite flower.

He had learned quite a lot about her just by observing. For example, when she's nervous, she would bite her cheek and twiddle her thumbs. When she's concentrating greatly, her eyebrows furrowed in the most adorable way. He also knew that she had no boyfriend. He would watch her stare tenderly at a woman as she would buy flowers, most likely for her one and only. He could see that spark of loneliness in her eyes and he easily recognized it too because every time he looks in a mirror, he sees it in himself and yearns for ones comfort, for ones love. 

He believed that they were compatible, that they had a connection so deep but just hasn't been noticed yet. He was determined to make her notice him though.

He casually strolled up to the flower shop and pretended to look at the flowers intently, as if pondering over which he should buy.

"May I help you?" A beautiful voice chimed. Luhan looked up and couldn't say a thing. He was speechless. He knew her beauty could compare to no one else's but he had always seen her from afar. Closer up, it was more than anything he could imagine.

Lips peachy and plump, hair as black as night cascading down her bare shoulders. She had eyes of a doe, large, dark, and filled with innocence and wonder and she had the body that could bring any model to shame. She was tall (though shorter than Luhan) and skinny, her legs ran for a mile and Luhan had to restrain himself from his lips.

She wore a strapless floral romper, finished with pink and brown wedges. In her hair was a simple white bow. 

He was soon brought back to reality as he realized he was staring without a word. He cleared his throat.

"Er, yes I would like some help. I would uh, like to get some flowers," He stammered stupidly, scolding himself in his head.

Luhan you're so stupid! Of course you're looking for flowers, why else would you be in a flower shop!

All she did was giggle at the cuteness of the youthful-looking boy in front of her.

"Of course, for what occasion?"

"Well..." He racked his brain for excuses to say. "...I planned to go visit my umma's grave later today." He said, thankfully without stuttering.

Her eyes seemed to darken in sadness for the poor boy.

"Well what flowers did she like?" She asked.

"Uh, I don't really know... But her favorite color was white." He said, knowing that hers was white as well.

"Really? It's rare for someone's favorite color to be white. It's mine as well," she replied happily.

"Oh really?" Luhan feigned ignorance.

"It is. It's such a beautiful colored. Untainted, pure, innocent."

Like you, he had almost said aloud.

"I think these white roses will be just fine. They're gorgeous and give off a great fragrance. May I ask you a question?" She asked out of the blue. He replied with a soundless nod, looking at her with his large eyes.

"Shouldn't you be in school? Do you go to Seoul High?" She asked and Luhan was almost filled with rage. He was mad that he had been mistaken for a measley high schooler when he in fact was at the age of 21. His eye twitched slightly but it went unnoticed.

He took a deep breath to calm himself down. "I'm 21."

"Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't know! You just have a really youthful appearance but you're handsome as well!" A faint blush was on her cheeks and he just laughed, all anger forgotten.

"Thank you, how old are you?" Of course, it was the simple information such as this that he did not know of.

"I just 19 a few days ago," she replied happily. Luhan stared at her dreamily.

"Well happy belated birthday," he whispered, almost affectionately.

Then it was silent and awkward. She cleared .

"Err, shall I ring you up?" She asked, talking about the forgotten roses.

"Yes, please," he said almost too quickly.

"Wait! Can I get a card please? Could you write this for me, I have horrible handwriting," he said when in fact, he probably had the prettiest penmanship ever. Pretty hand writings go with pretty hands which he had.

"Of course. What would you like written on it." She asked, getting a black gel pen out.

"Dear umma, may you rest in heaven alongside appa." He said quietly and slowly. 

"From your loving son, Luhan." He finished, now barely whispering. He loved seeing her write in such a concentrated manner and he looked over her shoulder to see the letter, admiring her neatly written words. Then he noticed how close he was to her, his nose just inches away from her luscious hair and he decided to be daring. He took a small whiff and was almost immediately intoxicated with the smell of her.

He closed his eyes as he tried to keep the scent of her dedicated to memory.

"Done!" She exclaimed and Luhan regained composure as quickly as he could.

"Uh thanks!" His voice cracked from nervousness and his face red from both embarrassment and anger, mainly directed at himself.

"You're welcome" she gently said, also with a giggle at his previous statement. She took the money from Luhan's hands and it was the exact amount.

"Hope to see you again Luhan," she smiled. He was awestruck at her smile.

"Uh, this may sound a bit weird but your smile is beautiful. Can I take a picture with you?" He said without thinking, then his hand flew to his mouth and he mentally reprimanded himself for his seeming creepiness.

"Uh, sure!" She said hesitantly but agreed nonetheless.

He positioned himself next to her and he took a picture with his phone.

"Thank you. I guess I'll see you later?" He asked hopefully.

"You could always visit me here, bye Luhan!" She waved at his now retreating back.

He suddenly stopped, then slowly turned around. In a shy manner that made him seem youthful, more so than his looks perceive, he spoke.

"Uh wait... Can I.. Um... May I know your name?" Luhan rubbed the back of his neck, a nervous habit of his. He also bit his lip. Yet another habit.

She was slightly shocked with the question but answered it nonetheless and with a smile also.

"Minhee. My names Minhee." And on that note, Luhan could only reply with the biggest grin on his face and went home. Minhee just laughed at his childish behavior, them went back to tending to the flowers.

When Luhan arrived home, he put the roses in a vase, cherishing her touch, her slight scent on them. As for the card, he left it on his computer desk to be dealt with later. He sent the picture from his phone to his email and opened the picture on the computer. She was stunning indeed and outshone Luhan which was quite hard to do.

He printed out the picture of the two and went to the wall that was directly next to his bed. He taped it their along with all the other photos he had discreetly taken of her. Once secure on the wall, he gave it a little kiss and giggled slightly, though sounding quite... disturbing.

"I can already feel the connection between you and I. And soon, you'll be mine, my beautiful rose. Mine and mine alone." He whispered to his wall of pictures, staring at her beauty. With one last kiss to his most recent picture, he turned off the lights in his room and went to sleep, anticipating the next time he would meet the girl of his dreams.