Chapter four: More Shinigamis.

My Angel of Death

Luhan raised his eyebrows as Kris started the car and drove off. He could see how Yixing waved behind them and dropped most of the books he was carrying.
“How come everyone suddenly could see you?”, Luhan asked after some moments. Kris tilted his head into Luhans direction and flashed him a big smile.
“That’s because I am in my human form. Sometimes a job requires to be seen by more people and so we can change our appearance. If I am in my shinigami form, only people whose death is near can see me”, he willingly explained while drumming with his thump on the cartwheel.
Luhan slowly nodded. He didn’t really understand but he decided that nothing can surprise him anymore.
“So I can see you because I will be dead soon?”
Kris gulped at the words of this target.
“Ehm, exactly”, he agreed and let a hand run through his hair.
Luhan again nodded but then he suddenly remembered something.
“Where the hell did you get that car?”, he yelled extremely panicking.
“Calm down, I have my ways”, Kris replied nonchalantly.
“If its stolen, I’m gonna jump out, I swear to God” Luhan started pulling on his seatbelt. Kris placed a hand on Luhans and frowned.
“Its not stolen. Relax. I just can’t tell you were its from, Han Han”
Luhan wasn’t too impressed with that statement. Still, he chose not to investigate further. The fear of discovering things he didn’t want to know was too big.
“If you say so. Where are we going?”
“Can’t tell”
Luhan let out a desperate sigh.
“I’m not allowed to know anything? This is MY life you are going to ruin”, he exclaimed.
Kris suddenly stopped the car letting his head drop. Then he rose again.
“First you ask me to play amor for you and now you refuse to cooperate?”, he asked anger swinging in every syllable.
“Cooperate?! You just don’t answer my questions”, Luhan raged.
“We have arrived already so no need to. And before you ask, why we are here. We are here so you can tell me who you find attractive. I heard parks were good to meet people”, Kris snapped back and left the car slamming the door shut loudly. Luhan mumbled some curses under his breath but then followed Kris’ lead.
He found himself in front of a park, flowers were blooming and the soft breeze was carrying the smell towards them. For a few moments he was stunned by the beauty before he got back to reality, which sadly meant for him having to deal with an insane Angel.
“You should trust me more”, Kris suggested as they walked towards the entrance.
The blonde haired student rolled his eyes.
“How should I do that? All I know is that you await my death”
The shinigami stuffed his hands in the pockets of his trousers.
“Well and you know that I’m willing to help you. But this can’t work if you keep questioning my every move”, Kris replied growing a little annoyed.
They headed towards a bank and sat down. Luhan took the moment to watch the wind sweeping through a tree causing a few leaves and blossoms to fall down. Then his eyes catched an old couple walking past them looking so in love it hurt Luhan. The thought of not growing old with someone was terrible. Although he had known for long time, suddenly his soon approaching death was horrible.
He wanted it all. He wanted love. Happiness. He wouldn’t get it.
“So now I should tell you when I find someone attractive?”, he whispered finally giving in and trusting Kris a bit more, for his own sake.
“Yes. Just so I know what your type is”
Luhan bit his lip and tilted his head. He had never thought about his type or anything. Maybe Kris was right and he should find a type first. He looked around and noticed some girls staring at him and Kris. They blushed when they saw he looked back and waved at him. Luhan slowly lifted his hand to wave back.
“You say you are gay but you flirt with girls”, Kris commented grinning.
“I’m not flirting”, Luhan pouted turning his head towards him. Kris raised a thick eyebrow obviously not believing him, which caused Luhan to pout even more. Sticking his tongue out to him, Luhan turned away again to watch people. It took like twenty minutes until he saw someone who he at least found attractive. He hit Kris’ shoulder lightly.
“Him. That one” He pointed towards a tanned Asian boy with full lips and messy brown hair. Kris immediately broke out in laughter.
“Ayo Kai!”, he yelled over to the boy and Luhan begged that the floor would present him a hole to hide in. It of course didn’t. Instead the tanned boy walked over.
“Hi Kris”, he greeted them and shot a curious glance towards Luhan, who half hid behind Kris broad shoulders.
“Luhan, this is Kai. He is a shinigami just like me. Kai, this kid here is Luhan my current client”
Luhan almost laughed at “client”, but the whole situation was too awkward for him and so he just blushed.
“Oh, that’s why. Hi Luhan”, Kai said bowing politely. He had a cheeky grin and his eyes seemed to shine.
“Hi…”, Luhan managed to reply and stared at the ground.
“He is a bit shy. Don’t mind him. What are you doing here?”, Kris asked leaning back so Luhan couldn’t hide anymore.
“I just started a case around here and chose to take a moment to relax and find a cute girl”
Kris hit him on his head lightly.
“How can a shinigami so successful as you, be so wrong and weird?”
“Where is meeting girls wrong?”, he said and made a face at Kris. “You are just too stiff”
“Ha”, made Kris although he was not laughing at all but merely pokerfacing Kai. “What about Do?”, he then added.
“He is with the client”, Kai replied shrugging.
“You gotta know, Do and Kai solve their cases together as a duo”, Kris told Luhan who still was busy wishing he could just disappear. “I used to have a partner too but… Well whatever”
Luhan ignored him. Kai noticed and took the opportunity to talk to Kris again.
“And what are you two doing here? Sitting around like love birds?”
“We are-“, Luhan started to protest but Kris ssh-ed him.
“We are looking for someone he could fall in love with”, he said while pressing his hand on Luhans mouth. Kai beamed excited and took Luhans chin in his hands and looked at it for a while. Luhan didn’t dare to look back so he just glared at Kris from the corner of his eyes.
“He is beautiful”, Kai finally said “He definitely will find someone”
Kris broke out into laughter.
“He wanted you at first” That was enough for Luhan, he pressed his red face in his hands and decided that Kris was not there anymore.
“Awww” Kai pressed his hands on his chest and blushed slightly. “Too bad relationships between humans and shinigamis are forbidden”
“That doesn’t stop you from flirting around”, Kris mentioned. Kai sighed.
“Because its nothing serious. But that kid obviously wants the whole program” Kris let his hand run through Luhans hair messing it up.
“Yeah. That’s true” They sat there is awkward silence for a while before Kai spoke again.
“Gotta go before Do goes all motherly over our client again”, he announced and stood up.
“You got a child?”, Kris wanted to know. Kai nodded and didn’t seem excited at all.
“They are the worst. I don’t really want it… Be happy yours at least looks like an adult”
“In 22!”, Luhan blurted. He was hurt people thought he was so young.
“And I’m 124, no one looks their age. Don’t be hurt kid” Kai bowed to them and left.
Giggling to himself Kris turned to Luhan who glared at him angry.
“Why did you do that?”


The rest of the evening was unsuccessful as Luhan refused to talk to Kris and the shinigami tried his best to get Luhans attention back by asking millions of questions. He didn’t know how stubborn Luhan could be though. The blonde haired student ignored him completely and didn’t even complain at Kris sitting on his bed, although yesterday that was the worst thing for Luhan. In the end Kris decided to push Luhan more and didn’t transform into his plush form but just lied there in his shinigami form next to Luhan and spooned him. He could tell by the facial expression of his client how much he hated it but he didn’t say anything. Kris swore that Luhan didn’t sleep a single minute that night.



“Do you really have to go to university today? I mean we could go and shop new clothes for you. Or maybe talk about why you want love?”, Kris asked as he saw that Luhan was packing his bag for university in the morning.
The blonde haired boy proceeded to ignore the angel and so Kris started to unpack Luhans stuff.
“Can’t you just leave me alone?!”, Luhan suddenly yelled loudly. Kris was shocked and dropped the books he had gotten out of Luhans bag. His eyes were wide open and his mouth as well.
“Don’t you see that I don’t need you? Instead of helping me you just made everything worse! Go away! I don’t need you” Luhan looked Kris straight in the eye and pointed towards the door.
“I have to stay with you!”, Kris insisted.
“I don’t care! I don’t care. Leave! Get out! I’m not giving you my soul”
Luhan started crying for some reason he didn’t understand yet but he didn’t give in to the weird feeling in his chest. Kris approached him and tried to hug him. To no use as Luhan was furious and pushed him far away.
“Go away”, he begged one more time.
“If that’s what you want Han Han”
Kris disappeared and only some smoke was left in the room.

Luhan broke down crying.

 

 

 

“That’s for you” Yixing said and held a plush toy near Luhans face. He raised an eyebrow at his best friends action but took it.
“Thank you”, he smiled and eyed the toy. It was a panda with one fist close to his face and Luhan swore the pandas eyes were the most beautiful raven black he had ever seen.
“I found it near my flat. I thought you like it”
“You gave me a toy that was lying around on the street possibly dropped by a kid that now is missing that panda dearly? Wow that must be love”, Luhan commented dryly and held the toy a bit away from him.
“I washed it first of course. Who do you think I am?”, Yixing retorted and shook his head in fake disapproval. Luhan sighed and pressed the toy close to him.
“Also you don’t look well at all? Have you cried?”, Yixing asked and Luhan looked up biting his lips. “You did cry! Oh God what happened?”
Luhan looked down to the panda toy and then into Yixings eyes which were graced by blue contacts today.
“I found out I’m gonna die in approximately three months”, he whispered and even just saying it made his heart feel even heavier.
Yixings arms dropped to his sides in shock. Then he collected himself and rushed to hug Luhan.
“I'm so sorry”, he breathed under his tears and that pushed Luhan over the edge again and he cried as well.
They sat that way for a long time, holding each other and crying. The panda toy was choked between their bodies as they embraced. After a while Luhan pulled away and smiled at Yixing.
“We both knew this would happen”, he said and Yixing nodded quickly.
“But- you are so young”
“I'm older than you so shut up”
Yixing looked very sad and Luhans cheek.
“Let's not go to university today but have a brilliant day just us two”, he then suggested while wiping away Luhans tears. Luhan nodded into Yixings hand.

 

The two went into town and did funny things, well what seemed funny to them. They took pictures of themselves making faces and laughed about them. Luhan went to a store and bought a dress for the panda, trying not to laugh and seem like he actually wanted it, because Yixing dared him to. In return he made Yixing dance in public. Luhan felt relaxed for some reason but it also bothered him to know he was going to die soon. But he pushed that thought aside for Yixing.
When it had already dawned Yixing brought Luhan home and hugged him tightly.
“Remember that I'm always there for you” He kissed Luhans cheek and left.
Luhan stared at Yixing walking away and fought tears back once more while he entered his house.
He bowed to his mom and went upstairs, and was sort of surprised Kris wasn't there. Frowning he placed the panda toy on his bed, getting undressed to shower.
He didn't miss Kris. Without him everything is easier, he told himself and went to shower.
There he washed away all the bad thoughts and his fears. Watching the water run down the sink calmed him down and he realized he still had no idea what death was like. He should have asked Kris, but he was too scared. He was too weak to face the fact he was gonna die. Telling Yixing was already way more than he could take but still he did it.
Luhan left the shower and dressed in his bathrobe. He loved the sweet smell of it. When he entered his room again, it shouldn't have surprised him, but it did. The panda toy was gone. Instead a black haired man with amazing raven coloured eyed and a stick pointed right at Luhans heart was standing in the middle of the room. He had panda ears on top of his head and no human ones.

“My name is Tao. And I am here to take your soul”, the boy announced.

Luhan really wished he was surprised.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: hi. /pokerface/ I hope you like that chapter as well, don't worry Kris ll return. Ehm yeah. I guess you already guessed it but Tao is of course Kris' former partner. Also I hope you enjoyed the little Kai/D.O mention, I don't know if they appear again but some other EXO shinigamis will.

xoxo Lucy