Chapter one: Feathers

My Angel of Death

All the good things come to an end. Everybody knows this, a moment passes quicker than the blink of an eye, and when you try to squeeze, to hold on, the more it ll break.
Life is just the same.
You shouldn’t take it too serious, but work your way around, trying to fulfill your duties. One of the people working their way around in life was Luhan, and this story will follow his life. Or what is left of it.
Luhan was 22 years old and studied arts in an university in Vancouver. He had a nice childhood, but never expected too much from life.
Sometimes he would feel like he had seen everything in this world, only to be proved otherwise the next day.
And this leads us to the start of the story. Our hero was waking out of the library, towards the busstation to head home. It had been a long and annoying day full of learning, and if he was honest, sometimes learning felt useless knowing you may not even be alive at the next exam. Outside he saw a group of people staring on to the roof. From what Luhan could hear, someone was standing there, threatening to jump. Luhan found that lame.
“There are people dying that want to live, and you just want to throw it away? You are weak”, he yelled up to him before walking away.

The next day he read in the news that person did jump. Luhan facepalmed for him.
“Not everyone is as smart as you” Yixing said, as he saw Luhan being angry about someone’s suicide. The two friends were sitting in a coffee shop at morning before their lectures. Luhan turned his head towards him and frowned.
“This has nothing to do with being smart or dump. People just don’t get how lucky they are”, he explained. Yixing raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow.
“Still sounds like stupidity to me”
Luhan hit him on the head to make him shut up, and brought his attention back to his hot chocolate with extra cream, he loved it sweet. Yixing shook his head at his best friends reaction and brushed a brown stray of hair out of his face.
“You need a haircut” Luhan said without looking up from his chocolate. Yixing took an audiable sip from his huge coffee.
“And you need a hairdye” He let a hand run through Luhans bleached blonde hair, and grinned. The older one rolled his eyes, and pushed the hand away.
“Cut that”
Yixing frowned. Luhan liked Yixing for not so apparent reasons. For example, did Luhan admire how smart Yixing was. Next to studying, he was an author of supernatural short stories and spent most of his time learning about cultures, and myths and such things, Luhan didn't care about. But- he never ever saw Yixing learning for university. Still, he managed to pass all his exams, often even with the best grade. Yixing knew everything, no matter which subject. It seemed like his brain had no borders. Luhans on the other hand did.

The rest of the day went on busy, Luhan hurried to classes, was bored during them and decide to head to the library afterwards. He didn’t have much of a private life. Sometimes he spended the evening with Yixing in a bar, or football playing, but mostly he learned. He had always been curious about everything, trying to understand things, see things, which turned him into the mess he was at this point. Stuck in the structure of university.
As he headed towards the entrance of the library, he suddenly saw a big black feather on the floor. Too big for a crow, he immediately knew. Luhan took it and looked up, seeing a man sitting on the roof.
“Again?”, Luhan sighed, and apparently many other people were annoyed too, as no one paid attention to the man sitting there. Confused, Luhan looked around, but then lifted his head. As he wanted to yell something, the person jumped, and Luhan had the urge of closing his eyes, but somehow he was frozen in place.
The man landed like they do in martial arts movies, and more feathers appeared around him. And no one cared. The man wore skinny black jeans, a really destroyed beige pullover and a black cape over his shoulders. He had blonde hair, a little bit brighter than Luhan had, strong eyebrows and a grin on his lips. He was obviously Asian, and that confused Luhan, as in Vancouver, there weren’t that many Asians.
Still, he looked like from another world.
“Hello Luhan”, the man said, his deep voice sounded more like purring than speaking. Our hero took a few steps back, away from the black dressed man. He was scared.
“My name is Kris and I am here to tell you, that you have three months left to live. And I will be taking your soul”
Luhan slipped to the ground.
“What the…?”, was all he could reply.

 

 

_
A/N: yeah first chapter!!! Not much happening yet but that is okay.