oo7 ♡

My Chinese Butler, Kris Wu!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?!” I shrieked. “SHINee has a special concert later?”

Choi Jin who was their manager sounded alarmed by my sudden outburst. “Sorry for not informing you, Eunjoo. I was so busy with the promotions and stuff, but I reserved a ticket for you.”

My mind was preoccupied by thoughts about the events that recently happened. I completely forgot to check their schedules. I scribbled it on my sticky notes and posted on the cork board.

“Really?! That sounds great. Thank you!” only Choi Jin knew the hidden side of my personality. For instance, when I saw SHINee in front of strangers, I’d mentally tie my hands and be as demure as what a lady ought to be. But deep inside, I was already screaming. #fangirlproblems on twitter.

“But I only managed to get one VIP ticket since it is a sold-out concert.”

The colors of my life that had once been a mix of all the elements of a rainbow turned to black and white. My father wouldn’t allow me to go without my babysitter, Kris. The incident caused by Takuya made him more uptight and strict when it came to my security. Until now, I couldn’t believe what Takuya had done. The thought wouldn’t sink in. The angelic guy I knew had transformed into a devious devil.

One of the saddest moments in my life was the time my mother abandoned us for no particular reason. She just vanished into thin air like a bubble. Next on the list would be declining to an offer that was so close yet so far. I was again tempted to eat my emergency chocolate bars.

My emotional pursuit to SHINee world was interrupted by a loud clang of objects. I peered from behind the door and saw Kris with large boxes stacked on the floor. “What are you doing?”

“Ni Hao, Miss Park. I will be moving next to your room as ordered by Mr. Park,” he said while wiping the sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand.. “He just wanted to make sure that you are protected 24/7 and this way it will be easier for me to watch over you.”

I shook my head in disbelief. “We have bodyguards roaming around with dogs that can grind your bones.”

“Do you want me to transfer inside your room instead?” he casted a playful grin.

I shot him a look then slammed the door closed. The room was supposed to be a storage room for my books and sentimental items I had collected. It is connected to my room so it would be pretty easy for him to barge in even if the door was locked. I had no idea where his strength to break doors came. All I know was that he transformed to a beast when provoked. 

“Ughhh.” The wonderful yet irritating sound of the alarm clock had begun to play its melodious music. I buried my head under the pillow determined not to get up from bed in this ungodly hour, but the clock wouldn’t shut up.

I sat up from bed, half awake with my mind still wandering in neverland. I dragged my feet to the bathroom. The first thing I did when I wake was to wash my face and say my mantra out loud. The sound of the water running woke me up from neverland. I rubbed my eyes open and adjusted to the light that filled the room. 

My eyes gradually followed the water which was dripping from the shower head to the blonde hair of a guy then continuously flowed to his y back. I was suddenly aware of the picture in front of me. “Kyaaaaah!”

Kris was surprised as I was. He grabbed the towel to cover his bottom part then turned the shower off. He turned to face the girl who was still screaming her lungs out.

“Miss Park, what happened?” he had the guts to ask innocently. Drops of water were dripping from his hair.

I covered my eyes with my hands. “What have you done to my pure eyes?!”

“I apologize for the explicit scene you have just witnessed. The comfort room in my room is still being renovated. I thought you wake up late during Saturdays. It’s still four in the morning.”

I heard squeaky footsteps coming toward me. “Stop! Don’t come near me or else I’ll wushu you to death!”

I felt a wet hand over my hands which covered the eyes that had seen enough. “You-your nose is bleeding, Miss Park.” He placed his other hand on the small of my back then led me out of the bathroom.

I pressed my head against the wall once I was alone again. Blood was dripping from my nose. I swear I wasn’t thinking of Rated-X stuff. I grabbed tissues and stuff it in my nose and thought of ways to erase the scene that will forever scar my memory. 

I couldn’t bear to look him straight in the eyes. “Miss Park, I have already arranged your meeting with the kid at the hospital.” he leaned forward. “Miss Park?”

“What?” I snapped out of my thoughts. His face was an inch away from mine. His brows narrowed. He was staring at me intently.

“Your nose is bleeding again,” he said as he got a tissue from his pocket and gently wiped the stain on my nose. “I wonder what’s going on inside your mind.”

“Wh-what are you talking about? You’re the one who is weird,” I stuttered, inching away from him.

“Alright? he said, still doubtful. “So, I have settled everything. May I ask your relationship with this child?”

“She’s a… uh, SONE. Let’s go!” I stood before he could see through what was inside my mind.

We headed to the public hospital where the child was confined. She was the daughter of the kidnapper who definitely left an impression. Since then, I couldn’t stop thinking about his daughter. He was placed in jail, but I promised to myself I’d help his family despite his kidnapping.

The smell of disinfectant and the tiles that were scrubbed white made me feel sick. It was quite ironic, but I somehow had fear with hospitals. The place made me conjure pictures of dying people and injections.

The room was located in the third level. I told Kris to transfer her to a private room after he told me there were too many patients inside her ward. Kris opened the door and a cute little girl was resting on the hospital bed.

Her mother stood and greeted us. Tears were spooling in her eyes as she spoke, “Miss Park Eunjoo, I am forever in your debt,” she held my hands. She didn’t sound like a native Korean speaker. “Thank you for paying the bills, Miss Park. I really don’t know how I could repay you.”

“It’s nothing, really. I am glad your daughter has fully recovered,” I was happy, but there was an ache in my heart that longed for a mother who would do anything for her child.

“Mom…” a soft voice interrupted. We all looked at the angel who had just woken from her sweet dreams.

“Zhang Yi.” her mother went beside her. “This is Miss Park Eunjoo. She is the angel sent from above to help you.”

I blushed at her semi-poetic introduction to the child. “An-yang-the-yu, Miss Park!” a cheerful girl with high hopes could be seen through her eyes. “Kum-ze-him-nida!”

I gently squeezed her soft little hand. “Hello, Zhang Yi! How are you?”

“Excuse me for a minute, Miss Park. I’ll go see the doctor first,” her mother kissed her forehead before leaving us. 

She pointed her tiny index finger toward Kris who was standing beside the door. “Is he your boyfriend?” I glanced at Kris whose ridiculously smiling. He walked to us.

“No. He’s not my boyfriend!” I exclaimed, but not loud enough for her to hear since she was distracted by the presence of Kris. Wow, even the child was not spared. 

And t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter