oo5 ♡

My Chinese Butler, Kris Wu!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiny beads of sweat formed on my forehead as I dragged the last box out of my walk-in-closet inside my room. I’ve had issues concerning my pride so I didn’t ask for help. I tried not to come off as weak despite the fact that I was weak. It was just a matter of disclosing it only to myself.

All five large boxes were filled with books and clothes that had no use to me anymore. They would be given to children at the orphanage. Some were found begging on the streets, but most of them were abandoned after childbirth. In a way, I felt emotionally connected with them.

Having power and glory didn’t usually require a person to be a philanthropist. We were not compelled to feed the poor, although most of the rich businessmen were obligated to do this to leverage their image.

One of the boxes was unopened so I dig through the pile of clothes and blankets and thongs? I didn’t recall buying thongs for Valentine’s Day. Surely one of the workers must have slipped it inside. I carefully examined the piece of fabric and tried to rummage my memory bin.

Ahhh. This was given as a present by a suitor, but I remembered placing it somewhere for the servants to dispose. One of them must have buried it in the box. Ever since that happened, the guy was banned from entering this place.

There were soft knocks on the door then it opened. I panicked because I knew it was Kris and ran to the nearest wardrobe in an effort to hide the thong I was holding. However, I stumbled into something hard.    

My toe collided to the furniture and I went spiraling down in the abyss of agony.

“Miss Park,” he shot a worried look. “You are not okay,” it was a statement rather than a question.

Suppressing the searing pain required a calm face and happy thoughts about unicorns, rainbows, all SHINee members wearing unicorn costume and –excruciating pain. Pretty much everyone would say ouch, but not me. “I’m o-kay,” I whimpered, but deep inside it hurt like hell. Stubbing your toe hurt as if it was ran by a bus.

The world is so cruel and filled with obstacles in the form of insignificant things. I could feel tears prickling the corner of my eyes. “Are you crying?” he asked  

“No. I occasionally have severe allergies during warm season,” I couldn’t think of a better excuse. My vision was somewhat blurred. Damn onions.

“Let me check it,” he softly pushed me to sit on my bed and bended to check how bad the damage was. “There are just some minor abrasions. We just have to clean and disinfect it to avoid infection.”

“Now you’re trying to be a doctor. I didn’t know you have a part-time job aside from serving drinks –being a butler that is,” I tried to break the tension of this closeness.

He grinned. “We were trained for this. In an event that our masters experience an injury or damage, the least we can possibly do is to conduct a first-aid before the medical team arrives.” I didn’t mean that to be a compliment. Now he was just bragging.

He stood and went to get something then immediately returned with a bowl of water and a cream. He carefully washed my toe with water, dried it gently then rubbed a cream on the skin that was slightly scraped.

My skin prickled at his touch and tried to ignore how long and slender his fingers were. I didn’t have hand , but oft times I’d find them nice and something beautiful to look at.

“I had the highest grade in CPR.” I snapped out of my mini reverie and mentally slapped my face to put an end to the fantasy that was forming in my mind. I don’t like where this is going.

“Then you are in luck because one of the gardeners is having a heart problem.”

Jerk.

We went to the coffee shop first before heading to school.  Apparently, this had become my favorite place. The coffees they brew were exceptional and the ambient was so relaxing, I could stay here forever. All in all the café was brilliant except for the barista.

Kris waited outside since I told him I was strong enough to carry a cup of coffee. I grabbed the coffee and cringed at the name written on the cup. Eunji, the girl whose eyes could pierce a thousand hearts. Smiley and Smiley with a wink. I was starting to think that the guy was committing the mistake on purpose or he was just deaf, but I must admit he was a wee bit creative.

I left without acknowledging how poetic he was in the 21st century. I ignored the scribbles and tried to focus on the goodness of the coffee. My eyes gazed on the large screen attached to the building.

The text said a girl was reportedly missing. She was the daughter of a CEO of an entertainment company who was alleged of being part of a notorious syndicate. She was last seen at her home on January 20. The picture was followed by the contact details in case she was seen.

The face looked familiar. I thought I’d seen her somewhere, but I couldn’t remember. Maybe she got featured on a magazine since she was a daughter of a CEO. Was she being held as captive for money or did she just run away from home? The number of girls missing continued to increase as evident of the posters posted on some wall for missing people.

I quietly sipped my coffee. “Miss Park, shall we head to school?” Kris nudged my shoulder. I nodded silently then entered the car.

“Lei Hao, Kris!!!” The high-pitched voices of the girls I considered noise, were ringing in my ear.

Most of the girls who renovated their body like an apartment flocked around Kris. They were making quite a fuss and no one cared how the classroom turned into a jungle with cra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter