oo6 ♡

My Chinese Butler, Kris Wu!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was nothing like seeing your favorite actor Choi Seunghyun did a quadruple flip and jumped from an exploding building. He landed flawlessly on the ground. None of his legs were broken. Then the police came when the movie was about to end. Punctuality wasn’t really their style. The darkness of black painted the screen then the credits rolled. The end.

It was happening. There were no cameras and lights, only two men preparing for the their opponent's attack. Someone was cursing. Takuya launched himself toward Kris. He was too late. My vision started to get a little bit hazy, but I could make out Kris twisting Takuya’s arms. He screamed in pain, but it was drowned by the loud music. Kris released him. He staggered then lost his balance while clutching his left arm. I could see stars floating around his head. I was drunk. Then I out.

I groaned to the slightest touch of my shoulder. My head was pounding because of the alcohol I consumed. The fact, it was one of the craziest things I’d done –the craziest, rather.

It never occurred to me that Takuya was capable of doing such heinous thing. I hated him, but hated myself even more because of how pathetic I looked in front of Kris. I wasn’t the type of girl who feigned exhaustion just to get carried by a guy, bridal style.  That night, I felt vulnerable and weak.

“Miss Park, you have to drink this,” Kris’ voice was exerting dominance yet his actions spoke of chivalry. He gently helped me positioned my body upright then handed a tiny medicine and a bottle of water. “I thought you might need this for your first hangover.”

That was actually the second time I drank alcohol, if you consider root beer as worthy of its name. I felt even more embarrassed on the consequences of my impulsive actions. I downed the medicine and almost emptied the bottle. “Where are we and what time is it?” My voice was a little bit husky. I was aware that we were in a car, but I couldn’t make out the place he’d parked.

“We’re actually near the park. I deemed it is the best for you to rest since people are usually busy sleeping at 3 in the morning,” his eyes travelled to my chest, but he immediately averted his gaze at the sight.

Confused, I watched my appearance in front of the mirror and was shocked to see a girl whose hair was shooting outward like a spike. I was completely unaware that the first two buttons of my shirt were unfastened and revealed my neckline.

“I apologize. You seemed uncomfortable while you were sleeping so I unfastened the buttons,” his hands gripped the stirring wheel so tight. “And truthfully, I hadn’t seen anything because of the thick steam and the sudden impact of that object you threw at my head.”

Confusion reigned over me. “What are you talking about?”

“Never mind, it was completely absurd.”

My mind wasn’t clearly capable of comprehending every word so it came to me like some words of condolences for my dying ego, “I don’t need your pity,” my tone came out as raspy.

“Come again?”

“If you think that I am someone who begs for sympathy then you are quite mistaken. I was helpless back there, but I don’t need your concern. You are just a mere butler. You are paid to protect me and it doesn’t obligate you to feel sorry for me.”

I didn’t know if it was me or the alcohol kicking again, but I couldn’t stop myself from venting this frustration. I was directing my anger to Kris. Kris, who I must be thankful, but I couldn’t seem to gather my senses and say it.

I’m the worst.

“No, Miss Park. I didn’t mean it that way. I was–”

“Let’s go home. I’m tired.” I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. I eventually drifted to a long and dreamless slumber.

It was already morning when I opened my eyes. The brightness of the light greeted me with optimism yet I chose to start the day with extreme negativity. My dress was already changed and I wondered if Kris carried me to my room.

I poked my head out the door. He wasn’t there. I felt relieved. You know those dramas wherein the girl who drank a mug of beer fought with her boyfriend then several hours later she forgot about it. I didn’t. I couldn’t recall every word, but the message of my grand speech clearly implied how stupid I was to think that Takuya was a decent guy.

My mind was filled with anxiety part of which was reinforced by the fact that I hadn’t heard a thing from my Dad for the last five hours since I woke. He already left for work and the head servant said there was an emergency call from the company. I feigned disinterest as he started talking about head executives, money and stocks and all the boring stuff.

Dad was out somewhere probably arguing with another man in a black suit and Kris was nowhere to be found. Here I was, isolated in this big house feeling lost even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter