The Sparks

Deer in a Box

“Puppy love and hearty laugh” Kris said, appearing in the small living room out of nowhere.

“Kris!” Luhan shouted excitedly and jumped on his toes, arms wide as he ran to his guardian. 

Jongin frowned as he eyed the tall man before him until something clicked in his mind, “Hey! You’re the delivery guy!”

Junmyeon cleared his throat to get their attention, "Puppy love and hearty laugh?"

Kris nodded, "As cheesy as it sounds, pure beings fed off from pure things"

"How are you going to get them? I don't think the local market is selling puppy love and hearty laugh, and why did you deliver Luhan to me?!" Jongin asked in frustration (and a bit of sarcasm) as he flopped down on his couch.

"This brat-" Kris was about to punch him but Luhan held him back, so Jongin only got a glare from the fae’s guardian. "Well, I delivered the prince to you because it's your job to collect our energy source" he smirked.

Jongin looked at him with an are-you-kidding-me face.

"Why meee?" He whined and threw himself all over Junmyeon for mental support.

"What did I do? What should I do? How the do I collect puppy love and hearty laugh? Put them in a bag?! Why are you doing this to meee?"

Junmyeon could only give a pat on his back.

"I didn't know human can be this retarded" Kris muttered as he reached for something in his pocket, "Here," he handed Jongin a small golden deer shaped emblem. "You have to wear it everywhere you go"

Jongin whined more and buried his head in the crook of Junmyeon's neck, who kindly pinned the small emblem on the front of Jongin's grey sweater and patted his back. Kris explained that Jongin should go to where puppy love and hearty laugh spark the most. Junmyeon suggested water park, playground, and flower field. The emblem should be shining when it got filled with the energy.

“Also, you are not allowed to feel stressed, depressed, sad, or have any negatives thoughts, because you will damage the energy”

Jongin groaned, he already was stressed and depressed and sad.

 

 

The next day, Jongin was busy going here and there, collecting the energy to save Luhan's kingdom. Luhan tagged along with him in his shirt pocket, peeking out his tiny head every now and then. He went to some kindergartens, collecting children's annoying happy laughs. He learnt that people have different laughs, because he could see the sparks and color which went into the deer emblem on his shirt. Children's was white, teenager's was periwinkle, and old people's was bright yellow.

"They are so cute," Luhan smiled, watching a young couple hand in hand in the park, "Right?" he poked Jongin on the cheek.

Jongin just hummed as the fuschia spark went into the emblem. He strangely felt good albeit tired, maybe the energy was effecting him too. And there was something familiar in the way Luhan smiled.

 

There was another guardian when the two got back at Jongin's apartment.

"Xing Xing!" Luhan hugged the guardian, "What are you doing here?"

"To get the energy" he smiles.

"Jongin-ah, can you give me the emblem, please?" he turned to Jongin who was stretching on the couch. Kris gave the human a dirty look.

Jongin tried to take the emblem off but he couldn't, Luhan then sat in front of him on the ground to help Jongin take the emblem off.

"Prince Lu!" Kris shouted, "Peasant, how dare you making the prince down on his knees!"

Jongin looked up from the emblem to the tall guardian with wide eyes, "P-prince.. Lu?"

Luhan looked at him with confused doe eyes.

"...Xing...Xing?" Jongin throw his gaze at the other guardian who was standing calmly beside Kris.

Jongin's mind went into a short flashback to when he was four years old, playing alone in the sand box. A really cute little girl with soft cheeks and light brown hair.

'Oh my God... Don't tell me...'

He touched Luhan's hair hesitantly, feeling the soft golden strands on his palm, down to his soft milky cheek. Luhan tilted his head at the human's sudden action. Kris was so close to pounce on Jongin for touching the prince but thankfully Xingxing held him back. Then Jongin was glowing. A bright, pretty fuschia.

"Hey, you're...glowing..." Luhan whispered, taking Jongin's hand on his cheek into his own and stared.

"...What?" Jongin frowned as he looked at his glowing hand.

"Oh my God!" he gasped, "W-why am I glowing?! What's happening?!"

 

---

a/n: long time no seeee~

im back with a really short update ;u; better than nothing, right? no? k.....

pls leave some comments so i know what to do with this story! ><

thank you for putting up with my s all this time lol <3