Deer Prince

Deer in a Box

"Enjoy your package, Mr.Kim."

There was something really strange in the way the delivery guy had said it, Jongin thought, but he shrugged it off and nodded to him anyway, muttering a 'thank you' as he closed the door, missing the look in his meaningful eyes.

"Good luck, Prince Luhan..."

He whispered before he flew up to Jongin's apartment's rooftop, watching them from above.

 

Jongin sat there on the couch, mouth and eyes wide at the sight of the creature on his opened palm.

"Hey, hey! Do you hear me? I said, my name is Luhan and I'm your fae!"

A tiny, pale finger poked at Jongin's cheek. Jongin blinked, still trying to comprehend the whole thing that happened in the past ten minutes.

'What the actual '

"Can you--can you uhh transform? Into a normal size..?" Jongin cleared his throat, "I-it's kinda um…uncomfortable..." he carefully put the fae on the table in front of him, his fingers were twitching when he felt the softness of the fae's pale skin and golden hair.

‘Just like milk and honey…’

The fae stood on the table and tilted his head upwards, "...Okay"

In three seconds, Luhan grew bigger into a human size, though still a bit shorter and slimmer than Jongin. He sat back on the table, in front of Jongin who was having another heart attack. The fae bit his lower lip shyly under Jongin's stare, cheeks slightly tinted in pink. There was a pair of small hartshorn on top of the fae's head, Jongin just noticed because it was too small when the fae was still in its tiny form. Pink floweret and small green leaves adorned all over the hartshorn.

Jongin regretted that he asked the fae to transform into a normal size, because he could now see the details of the beauty in front of him.

"Uhm..so?"

"You are....my fae? What--what does that...mean? Are you going to grant my three wishes? Then take my soul as the payment?"

Jongin frowned, he watched too much disney fairytales, courtesy of a whiny Oh Sehun who thought Tinkerbell was real. And here Jongin sat, face to face with Tinkerbell's long lost cousin.

 

For the next thirty minutes, (it actually took only less than a five minutes explanation but Jongin had to struggle with his own mind, and, prepared his favorite hot chocolate with rum first to calm himself) Jongin listened to every words Luhan said.

Apparently, Luhan was a deer fae. The Prince of the Dawn, as Luhan introduced himself. Jongin gulped down his hot chocolate, he didn't know such a cute and beautiful prince existed. He took another sip, thinking maybe he put too much rum and he was drunk and it was all just a silly little dream.

 

Jongin mumbled sleepily the next afternoon, 'Ah, , I wasn't dreaming…' because Luhan was sleeping peacefully on his pillow, next to the bridge of his nose. Their warm breath mingled in between the two centimeters gap. Luhan's breath tasted like his mother's applesauce, Jongin thought as he moved his head closer to the sleeping fae, sniffing unconsciously. He stopped and blinked when his nose bumped with Luhan's fluffy hair then sat up abruptly when his sleepy mind did a vivid flashback of yesterday's event.

"HOLY !!??!"

Luhan's pointy ears perked up at Jongin's sudden shout, he rubbed his doe-eyes and yawned.

"...What happened?" he asked sleepily in his tiny morning voice while stretching his sore muscles.

Jongin watched every moves of the little fae on his pillow as he grabbed his phone and tapped harshly on the name of Oh Mi Ja.

"Kkamjong? Hey, I've been calling you since yesterday! Where were you?? You missed our dance practice and Taemin hyung tortured me for three hours!!! How could you Kim Jongin! Hey hey! Are you listening to meee? Yah!"

Luhan tilted his head, watching Jongin who was holding his phone out of his ear's reach; because of Sehun's mighty wailing, while face-palming before he finally decided to just call it off. That was a really wrong move to call the brat. He searched through his phone contact, 'Chanyeol, big no. Kyungsoo? Nah, he'll nag at me. Hmm let's see...Junmyeon hyung, perfect!'

Junmyeon arrived at Jongin's apartment exactly ten minutes after the younger called. He looked calm when Luhan introduced himself, gentle smile always plastered on his face.

"Okay. So.. Luhan, isn't it?" Luhan nodded, "Not to be rude, but… Why are you here? Are you here to do some kind of a mission or...?"

The fae slapped his forehead at that, "Right! I forgot to tell you that!" he cleared his throat, "You see… My kingdom is in a crisis, power crisis, to be exact. Our source of energy; morning dew and happy sunlight, are now rare because of human doing..." Luhan's face got gloomy before continued, "My father...and many of my people in the kingdom got sick from the dirtied morning dew and burning sunlight...Of course, me as the prince should think of a way to get a new source of energy. I came here with my guardian; Kris and we have discussed, that the closest thing familiar to morning dew and happy sunlight are..."

 

---

a/n: LOL LONG TIME NO SEE AND I CUT IN THE RIGHT TIME LOLLLLL

I need your help, what should be luhan's new source of energy? I'm thinking of some certain milk.....but then I think again, ah no I'm going to make this story innocent lol

so! help me? /kitty eyes/ <33