Sand Box

Deer in a Box

A four year old Kim Jongin was playing in the sand box, all by himself. He built a huge square that was supposed to be sand castle with some mound that he patted with his little hands as its soldier in every corner. A green leaf then flowed down to his chubby cheek. There was a little girl when Jongin looked up, a really cute one. She smiled at him and picked the green leaf on Jongin’s knee.

And Kim Jongin was annoyed.

Annoyed that deep down he knew it wasn’t even worth to be called a sand castle, the one he’d been building for the past fifteen minutes.

Annoyed that he was alone because his best friend Sehun got summer flu and couldn’t play with him.

Annoyed that he was covered in dirt. Cheeks, nose, whole arms and legs smeared with sand.

Annoyed that he’d come home to his nagging mother about his health and how difficult it was to wash his clothes.

Annoyed that the little girl was so clean and tidy, except her neck-length hair that was messy because of the wind, but even her messy hair Jongin found it beautiful.

Beautiful.

What a four year old boy knew about the word beautiful?

Jongin got more annoyed as he think of it, the frown in between his eyebrows deepened. And he just had to throw a handful of sand toward her face that brushed her chin and flat chest, some even got inside her white shirt.

Little Jongin regretted it and guilt started to bubble from his stomach when he saw the girl’s blank face and rounded eyes. He was expecting the cry to be emerged from the next second. But that second never came because instead of crying, the little girl laughed cheerfully and sat beside Jongin, shoulder to shoulder. She poked her little finger to the sides of Jongin’s sand castle, making small windows and doors. Jongin watched her side profile and couldn’t help but to brush his dirty fingers onto her cheek. Which was really soft and milky and Jongin really liked the feeling on his finger tips so he smiled, so wide that his cheeks hurt and eyes gone to half moons.

They played all afternoon in the sand box, decorating the sand castle with more flower, leafs and rocks, and Jongin had the urge to touch her light brown hair.

“This is my house,” the little girl said, motioning a finger to the sand castle.

Jongin flickered his eyes to the sand castle, “Can I go to your house? Is it this big?” he sounded amazed and the little girl smiled, “Yes, it’s about this big!” Then she sighed, “But you can’t go there...”

Before Jongin asked why, there was another boy who shouted from behind them under the oak tree.

“Prince Lu!”

The little girl looked behind to see her friend.

“Xing Xing!”

She took Jongin’s hand and ran, dragging him to the boy she called Xing Xing.

“Xing, this is my new friend! We built the kingdom from sand! Look! There!” she pointed to the sand box, where their sand castle stood still.

Xing eyed the sand castle then Jongin, whose hand was still in her grasp. “Prince Lu, you know we shouldn’t be playing here, especially with…” he gave a judging look at Jongin’s form, “this creature

Jongin felt offended, what did this boy mean by ‘creature’? Is Jongin some kind of a monster that comes out of a card or Poke ball?

“But, Xing…”

“Come on, we should go home. Your Majesty must be worried by now”

The little girl sighed sadly and went to her friend’s side, hesitantly letting go of Jongin’s sandy hand, “I’m sorry, I have to go. Nice meeting you” she smiled, “Bye!” She waved and walked away with her friend.

Jongin just stood there and watched their backs. He forgot to ask her name. Guess ‘Lulu’ would do for now, he noted in his mind not to forget to ask her name the next time they meet. He went home with his little head full with thoughts about her.

‘Prince? Shouldn’t it be Princess? Did I mishear? Who was that kid anyway, so rude... Will I meet her again? I really like her cheeks, and I will definitely touch her hair next time!’

He grinned at his thoughts, ignoring his mother’s nag.

 

---

a/n: HUAAAAIIIIIII~~ XD sorry for long update huhuhuhuhu

this chapter is just a flashback, a bridge to the continuation of chapter one. so it's not exactly a chapter 2 TTTTTT sowwyyyyy

gonna update this in another long time lol TTTTT thank you for being patient and to subscribe to this crap of mine huhuhu ily all <33

please leave some comments! tehehehe thanks again and see ya when i see ya! muaccchhh