The Hoya

The Dancing Boy

Year 1..

It had been one year, more or less, after Howon ran away from home, ran away from his parents, leaving his hometown, leaving his comfort zone, leaving his noona. He still loved her. The memories of them spending time together never left his mind, but slowly he realized that it weren't all good memories. He just didn't know why he still in love with her. The only good thing he remembered was how happy he was when his noona was around.

He stood there in front of a big mirror inside a practice room. No, not a posh practice room, but enough for him to worked on his dance, sharpened his moves. He managed to entered a company, not a prosperous one, a company that didn't has any idol before, Woollim. But he didn't complained.

The other trainees were already left few hours ago, but Howon didn't want to lost even a minute to dance. He wanted to impress people and made them focused on his moves everytime he was on stage. He has to do well, no, better than the others so he could debut. He cut down his eating time, his play time, every break he has, he would danced. Even in his sleep.

Howon decided to go back to the dorm after he felt his muscles are giving in, he packed his stuffs, put on his cap and took a last glance in the mirror. He looked at his own reflection and convinced himself that he could make it. He turned off the lights and locked the door.

The dorm itself wasn't a luxurious one, it wasn't in an elite district in Seoul, just a few minutes away from the practice room. It was just a house with three bedrooms, a bathroom, a small kitchen and a tiny laundry room. It was far from what was called 'home sweet home', but he didn't regreted his desicion. He met some new people that had the same dream as his, and they worked together for it. To became an idol.

He was hungry, tired and homesick. The food was different, the environment was different. The sky wasn't as blue as Busan's, and there was no beach. He missed the heat, the Busan dialect. He missed his mom, the only one that didn't rejected his dream, but didn't supported him either. He missed his lillte brother. He missed his friends. And his noona, he didn't has any picture of her. But still, he regreted nothing.

 

***

 

 

Year 2..

The long wait has finally ended, true that people said that God loves a person with patience. His CEO announced that he would debut with four other trainees few months ago, no, six others. The concept was settled, the songs was recorded, the MV was filmed. Their group name was Infinite, seven young men with seven colors, seven different personalities, different music interests and unlimited possibilities of improvements for entertainment world.

"I can't believe that we're finally debut." the tall skinny boy with confidence issue said.

"It's happening, Sungyeol. Next week is our first stage." the wide shoulder and wild eyed said.

"Dongwoo hyung, aren't you nervous?" Sungyeol asked.

"Of course I am. I'm nervous and excited!" the older boy said as he was waving his body goofily.

The boys are now scatered in the living room of the dorm, they were all happy and nervous of what future has in store for them. They still couldn't belive that this would happened soon. It was felt unreal. Even after they were filming their first reality show "You're My Oppa" a month ago.

"Tomorrow we will practice harder, guys. Make sure you don't sleep too late, debut is only in few days, don't hurt your selves." said the boy who was going to be their leader as he walked into one of the bedrooms.

"Yes hyung." the other six boys said in unison.

"In five days, Howon will no longer will be Howon, he will be Hoya, and Myungsoo will be L." the thick lipped boy said, pointing Howon and a handsome boy with asymmetric fringe.

"Myungsoo will still be here, hyung. He'll just cut his hair." the asymmetric hair said.

"Ah, I'll cut my hair too and make it mohawk." Howon said.

"Don't. Sunggyu hyung already has it." 

"I was going to make it look like Taeyang."

"How does it feels like to have a stage name?" the youngest of them asked Myungsoo and Howon.

"I don't feel anything yet, but I think it won't feel any different. It's just to make people remember our names easier. I think the ones who should have stage names are you, Sungyeol and Sunggyu hyung. There are too many Sungs." Howon answered.

The truth was Howon glad that he has a stage name. Not that he hated his real name, but it was more like he could do more with the name Hoya. He could expressed his self more and do whatever he wanted to do. Things that he wouldn't do as Howon. Hoya was like his alter ego.

"Tsk, the fans will remember my name easily because my parents gave me a pretty name." Sungjong said and stood up, streched his arms. "I'm going to bed now. See you tomorrow, hyungs." he said and walked to his room he shared with Howon and Sungyeol.

Dongwoo, Woohyun, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Howon followed not long after that. Slept to recharged themsleves, got ready for the next day. For a new world.

Howon just couldn't wait for five more days. He really wanted to debut soon, to prove himself to the world that he finally did it. His dream was not impossible. He couldn't wait for tomorrow came and he would stood there on the stage, for the world, his world, their world, to changed. To make the world knew that there was a boy named Hoya, from Infinite, who had his dream came true.

Their schedule was set, their first goal was only a step ahead and they were ready.